More Marvel at Disney

I know a fifth park is never happening and Marvel is off the table, but if any single franchise rated a full park with worlds separated by rainbow bridges, portals, etc...
A Marvel 5th park would be ideal.

You have Asgard, Wakanda, you could some of the space areas used in GotG, not to mention the hidden city of Inhumans. Technically you could do Atlantis with Namor as well. It would really be an opportunity to cover new technologies, new abilities and celebrate some comic history.

Of course the key would be in the center - Avengers Tower - or the Baxter building for FF.

But.....
this is all supposition, as they simply can't do Marvel in WDW.

But I agree, in theory, the options are HUGE. Heck you could even have a Savage Land to incorporate Dinosaurs and such :D

Ok...these articles say the film's have earned over 4 billion dollars....Disney only get's half of that....the production and marketing for said films subtracts another billion from that.

Solo is at "break even point" now?!?! 300 million production budget plus at least another 100 million in marketing and distribution cost meaning it's break even point is around 800 million. It grossed less than 400 million worldwide. So it's grossed over 400 million in the ancillary markets in the last year?

What incentive is there for Universal to come to Disney? They get to feature popular characters for a bargain price. And with certain characters no longer a part of the films (for now), the only place to see them is at Universal. I see no reason for them to make a deal.

What incentive is there for Universal to come to Disney? They get to feature popular characters for a bargain price. And with certain characters no longer a part of the films (for now), the only place to see them is at Universal. I see no reason for them to make a deal.

You make a very good point, indeed. On the flip side, I still see some grounds for Universal to shed the Marvel deal and it hinges on Disney's possible unwillingness to work with them on new projects for the land. Does Disney have the power to just let it stagnate over there? If they do, then it would seem that Universal would want to develop something else in the area. Plus, a good portion of the merchandise profits sold there goes to Disney of course.

Does anyone here know if Disney has the power to just let Marvel "rot" at Universal? Kinda like how they let Future World at Epcot "rot"?

But I agree, in theory, the options are HUGE. Heck you could even have a Savage Land to incorporate Dinosaurs and such :D

Huh! A Savage Land in Animal Kingdom would be really amazing. It's not actually a hero or tied to an Avenger. I wonder if it could work. If only anyone cared about Ka-Zar.

You make a very good point, indeed. On the flip side, I still see some grounds for Universal to shed the Marvel deal and it hinges on Disney's possible unwillingness to work with them on new projects for the land. Does Disney have the power to just let it stagnate over there? If they do, then it would seem that Universal would want to develop something else in the area. Plus, a good portion of the merchandise profits sold there goes to Disney of course.

Does anyone here know if Disney has the power to just let Marvel "rot" at Universal? Kinda like how they let Future World at Epcot "rot"?

The contract give Marvel/Disney say in what Universal does with the attractions, but the criteria is very narrow, they can only reject things due to improper use of the characters...

"Whenever Marvel has “reasonable” rights for rejection of approval hereunder, the basic criteria to be used by Marvel may include inconsistency with (i) basic story line, (ii) the powers, (iii) basic personality traits, (iv) physical appearance (including clothing or costume), and/or (v) living habitat or environment relating to such character as portrayed in Marvel’s exploitation of such character in comic books or other products for the particular time period being depicted by MCA."

The contract give Marvel/Disney say in what Universal does with the attractions, but the criteria is very narrow, they can only reject things due to improper use of the characters...

"Whenever Marvel has “reasonable” rights for rejection of approval hereunder, the basic criteria to be used by Marvel may include inconsistency with (i) basic story line, (ii) the powers, (iii) basic personality traits, (iv) physical appearance (including clothing or costume), and/or (v) living habitat or environment relating to such character as portrayed in Marvel’s exploitation of such character in comic books or other products for the particular time period being depicted by MCA."
So not much power, huh?

Just a note about this, the notable exceptions are not characters that debuted after 1994, they are just characters that weren't prominent at that time. Dr. Strange, surprisingly is one, and he dates back to the '60s. The Guardians of the Galaxy, while not in a team together, all core members date back to the '70's (and the '60's for Groot). They were just bit characters though and not included in the Universal deal as there was no reason to use them. No characters created after 1994 have been the stars of MCU films, which is what the Disney PArks properties will be based on. Sadly, they hardly ever create great, new, original heroes for the main comic book universes anymore (even since 1994).

Here is hoping they can expand on Dr. Strange’s role in Infinity War, his solo movie kind of fell flat for me. If they do knock it out of the park with the sequel (think Captain America: Winter Soldier) then they can theme an attraction around the character. Just imagine a Dr. Strange themed attraction at Disney and the level of imagineering they could put into something like that. Just thinking about the potential makes me excited!

Lol, OSSE is like a dog with a bone where Solo/SW box office is concerned.

LOL.

Hey look...I'm just looking at the numbers and they just don't add up to Disney already recouping the acquisition cost. Not even close.

Not saying it was a bad investment long-term, though. I also want to reiterate that I quite like ALL of the Disney Star Wars films with the last two, The Last Jedi and Solo, being my personal favorites of the four released so far.

I will be first in line to buy tickets to The Rise of Skywalker, as well!

Sounds like my idea for a "Grinch versus Captain America" attraction in Seuss Land is a no-go. :(

WDI is creative. Its the management that doesn't want the more creative options because more often than not those options are more expensive.
Isn't it both? WDI wants attractions that are more affordable to build, but Imagineering by most reports has a huge issue with controlling its spending and costs for its design. I think there is blame to go around for both

Isn't it both? WDI wants attractions that are more affordable to build, but Imagineering by most reports has a huge issue with controlling its spending and costs for its design. I think there is blame to go around for both
WDI is Imagineering. Walt Disney Imagineering.

WDI is Imagineering. Walt Disney Imagineering.
Okay, still though, from what I have heard while WDI is very creative, they like to over spend as well. Yes?
Your point in the response I quoted was that Management is making choices due to cost instead of creativity, and I am merely pointing out that part of that is due to the extremely high costs WDI is running

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter