More Dan Murphys in this world...

Count me in as a fan too. Has Dan ever said a cross word to anyone on the dis? If he has, I have never read it. Like Powellrj, I follow his computer advice too. My dh asks why I am doing something and I'll say "Well, Dan Muryphy on the dis said we should." My dh, being the skeptic, wonders if it is all legit or not, so I tell him that Dan Murphy is just the kind of guy who seems to instill trust in you.

Thanks Dan!

Another Dan fan here. :D When I first joined the DIS he was the first person I ever pmed because I felt really comfortable with his posting style and I thought he was very friendly. ::yes::

Me too!

Ummmm He has the same b day is me!! hehehehehe

Originally posted by yourtravelpro
I like reading Dan's post because they are also so positive and he always has kind words to say no matter what the subject.

I just wish there were more like him in this world!
::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::
Tara

I agree, Dan is great! Always a positive thing to say, that is a quality you don't see a lot.

"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God"

God Bless you Dan and Marie! :hug:

Yay Dan!

Yes, there should be a new clique--the "DANarchy"--where we can all practice stating our opinions tactfully and kindly (and with good humor), like Dan does! :sunny: :sunny:

You can count the whole group of us in my home as "Dan Fans"! ::yes:: :cheer2: He is such a kind caring individual....it's a shame there aren't more people in the world like him. It amazes me that he remembers so much about each of us. He is quick to send prayers and good wishes in time of need, always sends congratulations, and is fast to try to smooth ruffled feathers when spats occur here. :Pinkbounc If he calls me at home when the kids are home from school, they ALWAYS want to talk to him!! I feel fortunate to be able to consider him a "friend".:lovestruc

PS - If you like to read Dan't posts, check out the little spinny thing in his signature. If you haven't read "My DIS beginnings", it's a definite MUST READ! :tongue:

Ya, he's O.K. I guess!;) JUST KIDDING DAN!!!!! You know I'm one of your BIGGEST fans!!:teeth:

Kim

Originally posted by yourtravelpro
I like reading Dan's post because they are also so positive and he always has kind words to say no matter what the subject.

I just wish there were more like him in this world!

I do too. He is a great person!!!!

Another Dan Murphy fan here.. The "voice of reason" on the Dis..;)

Well geeeshhh. :blush: I sleep in late on a Saturday (up late goofing around with a new Norton install..another story, LOL) and I get up and come to this. :blush: Thank you very much, yourtravelpro, for your kind words, and all of you, for yours. Words of kindness they are.

I must say, the DIS made me do it. :teeth: When I came across the DIS, some 5 plus years ago, I found the Disney information I was looking for, for sure. But along with that, I found a very warm, welcoming little cyber community, known collectively as, The DIS. :grouphug: I have met so very many of you and others in person, both at WDW and DL, as well as many DIS meets, here in Chicago and other cities if I happen to be traveling for business or whatever. I have been able to talk with a number of folks on the phone and certainly interact here on the boards with everyone.

Much of what I am able to pass on to people, as mentioned here, I learned and picked up right here, from all of you. Just sharing back, that's all. Five years ago, I had not a clue how to post a picture, how to post a link, how to make music on the Net. I learned those here, on the DIS, along with so much else, such as digital cameras, EA at National Rental, Yankee Candle, TiVo, and on and on. I tell people the same, like you said here, 'I learned it from the DIS', or 'I learned it on the Net' (if I don't want to go into an explanation of what the DIS is, LOL ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo) So many good people here, so many helpful people here.

It's just a matter of saying 'Hi, how ya doing, welcome'. :wave: A kind word goes a long way in this world. And contrary to a few thoughts here, I have had my 'words' here, on the board, as well as off. A number of times over the past years, after maybe an unusually mean time that the boards go through every now and then, I have sat back, thinking maybe to 'chuck it all' and walk. But then I realize, 'walk where'? Leave you guys, my family, leave here? And the answer has always been no (I am sure to the chagrin of a few, LOL :p) :grouphug:

So again, thanks for your kind thoughts and words, for both myself, and Marie alike. Please do keep her in your good wishes, her biopsy should be in a week or so (no firm date yet, grrrrrr) Remember those DIS'ers who have passed, most immediately Sylvia, her anniversary date coming Monday, along with Tink2300 (Stephanie), Robin and Beverly Lynn. :hug: Say a prayer, have a good thought for all the DIS'ers who are hurting, one way or another, our country, and everyone. It will help you smile. :)

Thanks,

Dan :sunny:

Dan,

I have been looking for your "hidden Mickey" for YEARS now. :rolleyes: I was not about to ask you where it was....I was determined to spot it. Kirk just walked up to the computer, glanced down, and pointed it out to me!! I told him it was only a dot...............color me embarassed!! :blush:

You really are a classy guy! :D

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter