Moonlight Magic at HS queue

We are new to DVC and this was our first time trying to get HS MM for the 27th. I entered the que at 568 and ended up being 328 when it closed on Feb. 21st. I was somewhat hopeful that we would make it in after reading about others being in the 1000s on the first day it was available and getting tickets. Hopefully we will get it next time.
How many tickets were u hoping for?

3 tickets.

When I got my tickets, the website asked me to either cancel all or part of the order if I knew I was not going to go by at the latest 3 days out. It might be worth calling MS to see if there is any way for you to get on a waiting list or something of that sort, or to get more information on what they do with those cancelled tickets and how you could get your hands on some, if at all possible.

When I got my tickets, the website asked me to either cancel all or part of the order if I knew I was not going to go by at the latest 3 days out. It might be worth calling MS to see if there is any way for you to get on a waiting list or something of that sort, or to get more information on what they do with those cancelled tickets and how you could get your hands on some, if at all possible.
I’ve wondered about this...as people cancel, IF they do (there doesn’t seem to be any consequences for NOT canceling if not attending), if they ever allow more people to attend. I’m guessing not. I’m thinking cancellations and no shows are calculated into the expected numbers. If they allowed people to book at a later date, it could open up a can of worms of people hounding MS.

And this is from someone who checked online frequently for openings in the VIPassholder Event after registrations closed and I was shutout, knowing it was probably fruitless.

I’ve wondered about this...as people cancel, IF they do (there doesn’t seem to be any consequences for NOT canceling if not attending), if they ever allow more people to attend. I’m guessing not. I’m thinking cancellations and no shows are calculated into the expected numbers. If they allowed people to book at a later date, it could open up a can of worms of people hounding MS.

And this is from someone who checked online frequently for openings in the VIPassholder Event after registrations closed and I was shutout, knowing it was probably fruitless.

The exact wording from the email is as follows:

"As a courtesy to other Members, please click the link below as soon as possible (at least 48 hours prior to the event) if you need to cancel your reservation or reduce your party size. Doing so will help Disney Vacation Club accommodate other Members interested in attending this limited-capacity event."

So that does imply those tickets would be put to use by others. I just don't know who those other people are, and how they got on a standby list.

"As a courtesy to other Members, please click the link below as soon as possible (at least 48 hours prior to the event) if you need to cancel your reservation or reduce your party size. Doing so will help Disney Vacation Club accommodate other Members interested in attending this limited-capacity event."

So that does imply those tickets would be put to use by others. I just don't know who those other people are, and how they got on a standby list.
Ah, see? It pays to read things. I did get in, but never read the whole email.

I’m wondering if people should just keep checking the MM event page, especially a few days beforehand?

Has anyone who got tickets received any email about how / when to check in for this? We are going to a VIPassholder night the following evening and already got an email about that, but haven’t received any emails about the MM event since registration...

The only email was the one I received the day of the registration. I will copy the email below.
I'm bringing a copy of the email along but I'm sure that they will have a way to scan Magic Bands to see the regeneration number.

Thank you for registering for the Disney Vacation Club Moonlight Magic at Disney's Hollywood Studios. Don’t forget, all the Moonlight Magic fun kicks off at 9:30 PM, but Members can enter as early as 7:00 PM! Your complimentary, after-hours celebration will include exclusive access to many of Disney's Hollywood Studios' most popular attractions, as well as complimentary refreshments and unique entertainment. Here's what you need to know as you prepare to party:
Registration Code; ×××××××××
Event Date: March 27, 2019 Event Time: 9:30 PM – 12:30 AM Early Access: While the event begins at 9:30 PM, attendees may enter the Park as early as 7:00 PM. (Entering Disney's Hollywood Studios prior to 7:00 PM would require paid Theme Park Admission.) Parking: Complimentary parking at Disney's Hollywood Studioswill be available beginning at 6:00 PM. You must present your Member ID and a physical or digital copy of this confirmation email at the parking toll booth. Complimentary Meal Voucher: Each Guest will receive a complimentary meal voucher upon check in. Each complimentary meal consists of one (1) entree and one (1) fountain beverage at participating quick service restaurants beginning at 7:00 PM. Complimentary meal vouchers cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Check In: Please remember to bring your valid Disney Vacation ClubMembership Card and photo ID, as you'll need to present those upon check-in. Entire party must check in together prior to event access. Early check in will be available at the Main Entrance to Disney's Hollywood Studios from 12:00 PM - 7:00 PM. Event check in at the entrance of Disney's Hollywood Studios will open at 7:00 PM. Event check in at the 10 Disney Vacation Club Resorts will begin at 5:30 PM. Other notes: If you wish to enter Disney's Hollywood Studios before 7:00 PM, valid Theme Park admission is required. Offer is non-transferable. Guests younger than 18 must be accompanied by a participating parent or guardian. The event is subject to change or cancellation due to inclement weather. As a courtesy to other Members, please click the link below as soon as possible (at least 48 hours prior to the event) if you need to cancel your reservation or reduce your party size. Doing so will help Disney Vacation Club accommodate other Members interested in attending this limited-capacity event. To cancel or modify this reservation you will need the link provided in this email (below); please file it for later use. Transportation will be available to/from all Disney Resorts hotels Reg
March 27, 2019 29:30 PM-12:30 AM Complimentary admission to the after-hours party at Disney's Hollywood Studios is valid for the duration of the event, which begins at 9:30 PM, with Members able to enter at 7:00 PM. If you wish to enter Disney's Hollywood Studios before 7:00 PM, valid Theme Park admission is required. Attractions, entertainment and experiences are subject to change without notice.

Yes! I have that email too. I just thought maybe we’d get another, now that we’re closer to the event. I’ve printed out that email to bring along as well.
Thanks for your reply!

I saw that too. At last year’s DHS MM, I spoke to an event manager and she said they do not release cancellations or no-shows. I was trying to to help a senior couple get into the event, but the CMs weren’t budging.

It seems like this year they are at least trying with the ‘48 hr prior to event.’

Edit - I just noticed this at the bottom of the 2018 2nd email...

“As a courtesy to other Members, if you need to cancel your reservation or reduce your party size, please do so at least 48 hours prior to the event by following the link in your original event confirmation email. Doing so will help Disney Vacation Club accommodate other Members and their special Guests interested in attending this reservation-required event. Walk-ins will not be permitted.”

Perhaps those shut-out need to continue calling for openings at least 48 hours out.

Last edited:
Has anyone who got tickets received any email about how / when to check in for this? We are going to a VIPassholder night the following evening and already got an email about that, but haven’t received any emails about the MM event since registration...

They sent us a second email about a week out from the event last year, so I’m just assuming it will be the same this year. The email explains where to go, etc.

Because you registered for Disney Vacation Club® Moonlight Magic at Disney’s Hollywood Studios®, we have some important information to share with you before you get ready to party. We've got an exciting night ready for you - featuring favorite Disney Characters, a DJ dance party, shorter-than-usual attraction wait times and more! Here's everything you need to know...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter