Moonlight Magic AK

I believe it depends on the party times.

Our AK MM entry times were:
2017 - 7 pm entry (9:30-1 am)
2019 - 6 pm entry (9-12 am)

Wow! Those times are much later than I anticipated! I never remembered AK closing that late.
DAK is scheduled to close at 7 pm on July 26th (first MM Event), so the actual event could start at either 7:30 or 8. Official park hours are only available through 8/23.

DAK is scheduled to close at 7 pm on July 26th (first MM Event), so the actual event could start at either 7:30 or 8. Official park hours are only available through 8/23.

Yea, I didn’t notice the 7 pm closing :(

Looking up historical AK park closings, 2017 was 8 pm and 2019 was 9 pm. That very well could mean anything from 7-10 pm…11 pm if they are generous.

Yea, I didn’t notice the 7 pm closing :(

Looking up historical AK park closings, 2017 was 8 pm and 2019 was 9 pm. That very well could mean anything from 7-10 pm…11 pm if they are generous.
Most of the time I've been, closing has been either 7:00 or 8:00. I'm surprised that it closed at 9:00 in 2019, but I don't go in the summers. I'm actually surprised that it closes at 7:00 on a summer evening. I figured that would definitely be 8:00. Anyway, I guess if it closes at 7:00 in September, too, then park entry will be maybe 5:00. Hoping for 4:00 though!

Most of the time I've been, closing has been either 7:00 or 8:00. I'm surprised that it closed at 9:00 in 2019, but I don't go in the summers. I'm actually surprised that it closes at 7:00 on a summer evening. I figured that would definitely be 8:00. Anyway, I guess if it closes at 7:00 in September, too, then park entry will be maybe 5:00. Hoping for 4:00 though!

AK was open late due to the night show Rivers of Light. Even later than 9 pm.

They’ve been known to let DVC in earlier than the posted entry time, so you might get lucky.

We have reservations for one of the dates for the AK event and want to take our chances to try for some tickets. of course we will be inn Vancouver on the registration date Will being in Canada affect my ability to try to reserve spots?
As long as you have good access to the internet and can log in to the registration website, you should be fine. I registered for the July DHS MM on my phone on a ship on the Columbia River. Be sure to have your DVC Member number handy - that's the first thing the website wants.

Just to be clear, the registration for the September event also opens up on 6/28? (I.e. our travel day for 4th of July trip)

Does anyone know if there is a cutoff date for making Hotel reservations to be eligible to register for the AK event? I couldn't find anything on the website. I know for the EPCOT event there was a date reservations had to be made by to be eligible. I had to postpone my June trip due to medical issues and was able to get a room covering the July date but I don't know if my reservation will be eligible for the first round of registration on June 28. Not that big of a deal if it isn't because I do have a reservation for the September date that I booked a few months ago that I can try for.

DVC- Moonlight Magic Returns in 2022
"Initial registration window for Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park events is open to eligible Members with Resort reservations at a Disney-owned and operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida* or at Disney's Vero Beach Resort with party size modifications finalized prior to 11:59pm Eastern Time on June 25, 2022.

All Resort reservations and modifications-including your party size-must be finalized by 11:59pm Eastern Time on June 25, 2022. Modifications to your Resort reservation party size after June 25, 2022 will not increase party size for the event."

DVC- Moonlight Magic Returns in 2022
"Initial registration window for Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park events is open to eligible Members with Resort reservations at a Disney-owned and operated hotel at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida* or at Disney's Vero Beach Resort with party size modifications finalized prior to 11:59pm Eastern Time on June 25, 2022.

All Resort reservations and modifications-including your party size-must be finalized by 11:59pm Eastern Time on June 25, 2022. Modifications to your Resort reservation party size after June 25, 2022 will not increase party size for the event."
Thanks. Looks like I'll be eligible for the July event. Just need to decide if I want to register for July or September providing I get through during the registration process.

I want to get tix for the 8/31 event but this seems to be the same day as Magic Kingdom extended hours. We really liked MK extended hours especially visiting when the sun is down so not sure what we will do.

I'm also still waiting for the email. I'm hoping to secure places for our family group for the first event on 26 July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!