Moonlight Magic 2019?

It's pretty nuts that the event isn't sold out. I don't have a hotel reservation nor do I plan on attending. When I went in and looked at it (it's been a pretty boring day), I saw the message about over 50% still being available. I hope this one is great and everyone has fun!

Any thoughts as to why?
Additionally I think people could not get reservations specifically for the event since it was announced so close to the date. The event date was announced in Dec. You had to already have a reservation for 2/5 or 2/12. Many non-members may already be filling the resorts on rented or gifted points. For the ones later in the year, all the central Florida members make one night reservations for the day of the events (you can see it on the RAT as events dates go quickly), and out of area folks may plan their stay around the events. (I did this for DHS last year)

It's pretty nuts that the event isn't sold out. I don't have a hotel reservation nor do I plan on attending. When I went in and looked at it (it's been a pretty boring day), I saw the message about over 50% still being available. I hope this one is great and everyone has fun!

It didn’t sell out last year either.

It didn’t sell out last year either.

I guess that isn’t too surprising. How many of us can or will just go to WDW on a random Tuesday night in February? People do have jobs, kids in school, and limited vacation time. Not everyone lives close enough to drive it in less than a day either. I know we don’t.

I guess that isn’t too surprising. How many of us can or will just go to WDW on a random Tuesday night in February? People do have jobs, kids in school, and limited vacation time. Not everyone lives close enough to drive it in less than a day either. I know we don’t.
We went last year and liked the Festival of the Arts in Epcot and decided to go again this year. We are retired, and expect it to be warmer in FL than in NJ in February. I agree, it does not seem a popular time to take children out of school.

We went last year and liked the Festival of the Arts in Epcot and decided to go again this year. We are retired, and expect it to be warmer in FL than in NJ in February. I agree, it does not seem a popular time to take children out of school.

Have fun! :cool1:

Was number 2909 when I got on at 9:05 but I had to call MS because I could not open the page I was told to refresh page and then it worked but was still on computer from 9 till 10:15. We have never done this before so looking forward to it. We are staying at all star music and I never had to put in my room reservation number and it directed me to the date of Feb 12.

Wow! I signed up for the one in DL end of this month and it was sold out in an hour. Maybe because there is only one a year in DL.

For DL events there is no initial reservation period with the qualification to have an onsite room reservation.

For DL events there is no initial reservation period with the qualification to have an onsite room reservation.

Right! I got it now. Not enough staying onsite at DW to sell out. How fair would that be to the people who get a shot a week later if it did sell out.

It's still at 50% I just checked this morning. I was sure it would book quickly so I'm quite surprised.

RSVP popped up right at 9 hit it and was already 2000 ahead of me moved fast a sent me to another area half way thru imputing my info it threw me out i went back in at 1000 ahead of me went to 236 and paused, finally completed my page, only problem is 1 of my guests booked to late at all sports so he cant go, but the rest of us are in, that was way to much work
Maybe that guest will get lucky next week.

I'm glad there's still room. The first one of the year doesn't usually fill because they don't announce it that far in advance. The fall dates will probably fill. I'll be sure to get on and sign up right away next Wednesday in case it does fill up that day.

It was a Sunday night last year. So only a bit better, I think it’s more that it is not far enough out for people to plan.

Just curious; will there be any mention before February 5 on which characters will be available for meet and greets? I went to the MM at Typhoon Lagoon last June and really enjoyed it but I think that there were only 4 meet and greets and no fireworks. Using the water facilities while my kids preoccupied their time going back and forth from the wave pool to the DJ area made it a hit with everyone in my family. As there will be many more chances to meet characters at MM at MK, it would be nice to know in advance which characters will be there. I’ve looked at you tube videos of last year’s event and if the lineup is the same, I’d like to meet at least 3-4 characters, with oogie boogie at the top of the list (probably because I missed out on an oogie boogie popcorn bucket at the October 25 MNSSHP).

I will be registering for the August AK MM. Other than entering our DVC member number, what other info do you have to enter?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!