Monsters, Haunted Houses, Scare Zones and more. HHN 30 fun trip.

Following along. Thanks for the great pictures. I am not very brave so I don't know if I would ever try it, so thanks for the TR and pictures:)

Thank you J’aime Paris. We had a great time. It was so fun walking around and enjoying doing the spells. During regular park hours it’s mostly the young ones doing the spells with their wands.

During HHN the adults enjoy doing the spells. It is fun.

Sunday, September 12th continued

We had a such a fun time doing the spells we went back and ran through them all again. Then it was time to leave Diagon Alley.

We went out and B stopped at the red phone box to dial up the Ministry of Magic.

F1C8EF57-D35A-43F2-BE8A-C7F660107B9E.jpeg

Then we went through the Crypt TV Scare Zone.

CB2E2819-41B5-4537-A91A-A4BA69E5EF53.jpeg

F8B398C4-892F-4A5B-82E7-0F823BC8C3E1.jpeg

5E5328D8-25FC-41F8-983E-2C92A1AC0B19.jpeg

35294785-60AD-4075-9E79-19C81C07AFA1.jpeg

192E533A-0431-48D2-8514-01840E04A5A5.jpeg

963D19BD-62E0-42F0-9CE0-7819E418667A.jpeg

3667ADD5-E1D9-44C9-A843-1643CAC79BFE.jpeg

CAD1C6EC-C325-477C-B5F6-3285BD94B006.jpeg
There is different colored lighting at night to set the mood in the Scare Zones. That makes photos a little more difficult. I would revisit the Scare Zones a number of times during My HHN trip.

Last edited:
Next after Crypt TV Scare Zone we walked though Seek and Destroy Scare Zone.

F72B7C90-ADB8-447E-94C3-54CA4BDB5E34.jpeg

84B9E50B-BAA0-459B-8F9D-8D18D4C1862B.jpeg

30AEBB70-1337-43D0-A8AC-7019225DD0AA.jpeg

E2339FD3-BEA8-4BB3-8926-23D90E21BD03.jpeg

88560F3B-D4A5-40A1-99A3-99AA78C8E58F.jpeg

8C21A6DB-3323-4D0A-B868-5353B016BB90.jpeg

This was an interesting Scare Zone because they were encouraging audience participation.

If you were scanned you were told to kneel and cross your fist over your heart and submit to The Controller and be a human sacrifice. Humans were being converted into fuel. The younger crowd were having fun with this.

After the Seek and Destroy Scare Zone we went to the HHN Tribute Store.

73F88AF3-E0F5-4491-9B20-3FACE4F0545E.jpeg

F694377E-762B-417E-A247-7A5E73B6927F.jpeg

These masks were for sale
DAB32800-D689-490F-8E67-82CA84DCE88F.jpeg

AC5CE314-C0BE-4D38-8C5A-4EE7FCEA564E.jpeg

050B2F45-5FC8-4B87-A8EC-8571AE0B819D.jpeg

Jack a favorite Icon is given a place of honor over the mantle.
31490EAB-39B0-4571-A560-DCD182C727B1.jpeg

It was nice to see pictures and busts of past Icons

D29D4D3C-0925-4083-A3ED-5C83A8308E21.jpeg

4776CE0E-1F9D-41A9-A4A3-C489D4FE958C.jpeg

Universal has done wonderful job with this Tribute Store. Although it is not as striking as others it is pretty cool. I was only able to get a few pictures this night as it was busy, but I would return again.

After we left the Tribute Store we went to see The Revenge of the Tooth Fairy House. This house had been open last year to everyone as HHN had been cancelled.

The back story on this house is good. Remember when you were little you would put your tooth under your pillow for the tooth Fairy. Well the little boy in this house did not want to leave his tooth under his pillow for the tooth fairies and it did not turn out well for everyone in the house.

Last edited:

Robbie… I’m amazed at all your pictures
They are absolutely awesome !

Thank you Mac.......that means a lot to me coming from you. You are the reason for so many people including myself being fans of HHN for years.

We had made a full circle of the park and our last Scare Zone was 30 Years, 30 Fears

A87671D1-F28A-4BE4-9B26-6496FCEEB26D.jpeg

C24C8DED-5D84-4305-A106-E4DFD5445A8E.jpeg

2CAF5A1B-0EF2-4017-9308-E23A54C6803D.jpeg

13755D6C-3D50-45E2-A4BC-49DF614C0AC5.jpeg

5BDD3CFE-60EF-4BE8-B288-31BF8452281B.jpeg

After a stroll through this Scare Zone it was time to exit the park and catch the water taxi back to Portofino.

I was very glad to get back to the room with the nice air conditioning.

We had a large deluxe queen room and it was comfortable and had plenty of room. There were plenty of electronic plug ins for both of us when we were looking at our phones and iPads.

I had brought a large bottle of Marshmallow Pumpkin Latte shower gel and body lotion to have in the bathroom for baths and showers. It is my favorite from Bath and Body Works.

It was nice having a tub and separate shower. My niece enjoys showers and I’am a bath person.

I had a nice bath and then got into my pj’s. It was 1:30 am and way past my bedtime. I went to sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.

According to my niece I was fast asleep after she had finished her shower.

I may have been snoring a tad too. Sorry B.

Lights out.

To be continued

Last edited:
Loving your pictures Robbie.....they are very good!

The Crypt TV scare zone looks to be a lot of fun! Scary Santa`s are always worth seeing......

Loving your pictures Robbie.....they are very good!

Thank you Carole.

The Crypt TV scare zone looks to be a lot of fun! Scary Santa`s are always worth seeing.....

The characters in this Scare Zone were really into their roles. They would stop and position themselves on stage for photos. That was so nice. Yes, scary Santa was good. This Santa reminded me of a scarier version of Krampus.

Following along! Love your HHN pictures!

Welcome Raeven. So nice to have you following along.

Monday, September 13th

Well guess who forgot to put out the still sleeping sign on the door :poop:The maid knocked on the door at 8:30 am and I thought it was still dark out.

I will take this opportunity to say the new draperies that were part of the remodel to the rooms are very nice and not a peep of light beams through them when they are closed.

We had planned to try and be out of the room by 10 or so. I had looked at the weather and we did not want to waste the good part of the day. I had seen on the weather that possible showers would show up by the afternoon.

Our plans were to be pool Divas for a while. My definition of a pool diva is someone who lounges by the pool and has cocktails.....LOL

I let the maid know we would be out soon and off she went.

It took a little while for last nights late night fog to clear the noggin.

I packed a bag with sun screen electronics and Potter trivia cards. We put on our swim suits, swim covers and out of the room we marched to Starbucks in the piazza.

We both ordered our favorite coffee and had a seat at a table outside to enjoy our coffee.

Then it was time for the pool. We decided to go to the beach pool today.

We found some empty chairs towards the back of the pool. There was an umbrella covering the two inner chairs and this would help my niece not have issues with getting sunburned. She is very fair skinned.

On Sunday when we had stopped for supplies at Walmart we purchased 70 SPF sunscreen for my niece and 8 for me. She looked at me and said jokingly “really you can use single digit SPF” that’s just not right” .......LOL.....I have a darker complexion so don’t need as much SPF.

We put our pool cover towels on the chair and sunscreen on and it was diva time.

I ordered The Riviera frozen cocktail. It had cruzan aged rum, mango, pina colada, with a strawberry lava flow.
EE629C53-D40D-41BE-B052-2AF101F9456E.jpeg

B ordered The Cool as a Cucumber. It had Tito’s handmade vodka, muddled cucumber, St Germain Elderflower Liqueur and lemonade.

Both drinks were very good and the alcohol was not used sparingly.

I got into the water and it was cool and refreshing. I swam a few laps as the pool was not busy yet.

B got into the pool and the waiter came by and we ordered another round of cocktails.

I had the Riviera again and B decided to try the Portofino Bay Punch.

Her new drink had Bacardi gold, banana liqueur, Orange, cranberry, and pineapple juice with a splash of Cruzan 137 rum.
BD76EE01-ECA3-4C43-B09D-98F517440BC6.jpeg

After some pool time we decided to order lunch. We ordered the Ceaser salad and the Turkey Club. This is my favorite sandwich to order at Splendido. The Turkey Club is huge and it comes cut in half. So we decided to share that.

7493AB4F-3B12-4A49-B939-9C9B072D83A7.jpeg

4C006377-A2BE-4A25-9124-9A2C62DF3E77.jpeg

I told my niece to make her best diva cocktail pose......LOL...she is so much fun and delight to be around.

9B4BC79B-CC9A-4BE4-B88A-0A4A4D932C84.jpeg

We had the best time at the pool being divas and enjoying our drinks, food and a little Potter Trivia.

The food from Splendido at the pool is delicious and the beverages are equally good.

It was around 3 pm when dark clouds started moving in and we could hear thunder in the distance.

We had finished our cocktails and eaten the food we wanted. Our kind attentive waiter Christian had just been by and I settled the bill with him.

Not long after everyone was requested to leave the pool area as lightning had been spotted nearby.

We were ready to leave as we had been at the pool about 4 hours. I felt bad for the folks who had arrived not long before and had just received their food and drink. Christian was so wonderful he hurried and got them boxes for their food.

The wind was picking up as we were picking up our towels to put in towel container. One of the pool attendants was running around and putting the umbrellas down so we put ours down for her.

We threw our napkins and empty cups in the trash bin and made our way out of the pool area.

to be continued

Last edited:
Monday, September 13th

Well guess who forgot to put out the still sleeping sign on the door :poop:The maid knocked on the door at 8:30 am and I thought it was still dark out.

I will take this opportunity to say the new draperies that were part of the remodel to the rooms are very nice and not a peep of light beams through them when they are closed.

We had planned to try and be out of the room by 10 or so. I had looked at the weather and we did not want to waste the good part of the day. I had seen on the weather that possible showers would show up by the afternoon.

Our plans were to be pool Divas for a while. My definition of a pool diva is someone who lounges by the pool and has cocktails.....LOL

I let the maid know we would be out soon and off she went.

It took a little while for last nights late night fog to clear the noggin.

I packed a bag with sun screen electronics and Potter trivia cards. We put on our swim suits, swim covers and out of the room we marched to Starbucks in the piazza.

We both ordered our favorite coffee and had a seat at a table outside to enjoy our coffee.

Then it was time for the pool. We decided to go to the beach pool today.

We found some empty chairs towards the back of the pool. There was an umbrella covering the two inner chairs and this would help my niece not have issues with getting sunburned. She is very fair skinned.

On Sunday when we had stopped for supplies at Walmart we purchased 70 SPF sunscreen for her and 8 for me. She looked at me and said jokingly “really you can use single digit SPF” that’s just not right” .......LOL.....I have a darker complexion so don’t need as much SPF.

We put our pool cover towels on the chair and sunscreen on and it was diva time.

I ordered a The Riviera frozen cocktail. It had cruzan aged rum, mango, pina colada, with a strawberry lava flow.
View attachment 607736

B ordered The Cool as a Cucumber. It had Tito’s handmade vodka, muddled cucumber, St Germain Elderflower Liqueur and lemonade.

Both drinks were very good and the alcohol was not used sparingly.

I got into the water and it was cool and refreshing. I swam a few laps as the pool was not busy yet.

B got into the pool and the waiter came by and we ordered another round of cocktails.

I had the Riviera again and B decided to try the Portofino Bay Punch.

Her new drink had Bacardi gold, banana liqueur, Orange, cranberry, and pineapple juice with a splash of Cruzan 137 rum.
View attachment 607734

After some pool time we decided to order lunch. We ordered the Ceaser salad and the Turkey Club. This is my favorite sandwich to order at Splendido. The Turkey Club is huge and it comes cut in half. So we decided to share that.

View attachment 607737

View attachment 607735

I told my niece to make her best diva cocktail pose......LOL...she is so much fun and delight to be around.

View attachment 607733

We had the best time at the pool being divas and enjoying our drinks, food and a little Potter Trivia.

The food from Splendido at the pool is delicious and the beverages are equally good.

It was around 3 pm when dark clouds started moving in and we could hear thunder in the distance.

We had finished our cocktails and eaten the food we wanted. Our kind attentive waiter Christian had just been by and I settled the bill with him.

Not long after everyone was requested to leave the pool area as lightning had been spotted nearby.

We were ready to leave as we had been at the pool about 4 hours. I felt bad for the folks who had arrived not long before and had just received their food and drink. Christian was so wonderful he hurried and got them boxes for their food.

The wind was picking up as we were picking up our towels to put in towel container. One of the pool attendants was running around and putting the umbrellas down so we put ours down for her.

We threw our napkins and empty cups in the trash bin and made our way out of the pool area.

to be continued

Food and drinks look beautiful....and good to hear cocktails were not weak!

Pool Diva look is a good one...... ::yes::

Sounds like you had a great time at the pool. Love the colors of the drinks, and the food looks delicious. Thanks for sharing the pictures

Food and drinks look beautiful....and good to hear cocktails were not weak!D

Splendido has always been good with food and drinks. I was surprised had the amount of alcohol in the drinks. It would be easy to be mildly tipsy after one drink.

Pool Diva look is a good one...... ::yes::

Yes.....I think she was going for the old glam Hollywood look. I love the young ones in our family. They keep me moving and thinking out of the box.

Sounds like you had a great time at the pool. Love the colors of the drinks, and the food looks delicious. Thanks for sharing the pictures

We had a nice time on our pool days Lynne. So nice to have you reading along. I know you are still enjoying your vacation. Have a great time on the rest of your stay.

Last edited:
Monday, September 13th continued.

After getting back to our room we took turns in the bathroom getting showers and bath. We decided to go over to Disney Springs. My niece B wanted to do a little shopping and she wanted to have a look around as she had not been there since 2016.

We hoped in the car and took the back way on Turkey Lake road. They are doing a big restaurant project on Turkey Lake Road. It is is not far from the turn off for Sea World. If you all are familiar with the multiple restaurants that were located on 535 on the left before you turn right to go down hotel row leading to Disney Springs. All those restaurants are closed and I think this area on Turkey Lake will be the new fast food restaurant row. The design is kind of mid century modern on all the buildings.

They already have a Portillo’s there and White Castle. Portillo’s is well known in the Chicago land area and Northern Indiana. They have delicious roast beef sandwich’s. If you go get a roast beef and order it dipped with sweet peppers. Best sandwich.

Just a warning. Do not let your family members eat White Castle for lunch or dinner. You do not want to be in the same hotel room when they take affect......LOL.........I don’t eat it and family traveling with me and staying in the same room as me will not eat it either. Their burgers are beloved by many, but they are lethal to your digestive tract.....LOL

This White Castle is very very busy. I heard it is the only one in Orlando. Not sure if that is true, but they appeared to be slammed every time I was driving down Turkey Lake Road.

The Lime parking garage had spaces yeah!!!!!! I’am not a fan of the Orange parking garage. It’s like parking in Kansas. Disney Springs has grown so much over the years.

We parked and I wanted to take my niece to Gideon’s Bake shop. There was a long virtual queue for it when I was there last September. So I wanted us to get on the queue. There was a short line with no queue needed today. The shop is small inside so only a few people can fit inside at a time.

For those who have not been to Gideons it is located back by Morimoto’s, Wine Bar George and Ragland Road.

Ragland Road had musicians out playing so it was nice bit of entertainment while we waited to get in.

The best way for me to describe Gideon’s is, its like a creepy little library bake shop. I love the pictures.

542D06A5-431E-4F75-8ADE-36E1A5B9E94A.jpeg

97816B77-495A-4D4F-B0B3-6D64E66621C5.jpeg

79553312-2D87-49B8-BFDE-62C93B87B6E6.jpeg

87CAB9AA-8304-4DCD-A754-E691054A4975.jpeg

AB4FE957-0E24-4D72-B21B-A947356BF44F.jpeg

29F13106-A367-4481-9FB2-536ADBBC9E8E.jpeg

F40E6912-C4BB-4437-B905-A24D4E334C9B.jpeg

D2EC4C6C-FC88-4FEE-A145-E31E49255F11.jpeg

45802FA4-2CA1-4120-9433-B20CD45BFF66.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter