Monsieur Paul - formerly known as Bistro de Paris

Hard to believe we were just here two weeks ago tonight. Remember my describing working from home with the snow swirled outside? Well, that was yesterday!

I thought about returning here in January as a part of our 3 day storm the World tour for our most recent Disney-newbie addition to the family (second from left) - our future daughter-in-law!! In the interest of time, we did counter service at DS and MK - we were more than ready for a nice relaxing, delicious meal here at Epcot........

p1391299704-4.jpg

Picture of the FOOD are forthcoming!!!

We had dinner there three days ago - all we can say is that is our most favoritest place to eat in Disney!

Your reviews have convinced me that this is the place to go when we get babysitting for the kids one night. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

We had dinner there three days ago - all we can say is that is our most favoritest place to eat in Disney!
Love it!
Your reviews have convinced me that this is the place to go when we get babysitting for the kids one night. Thanks!
Let us know how it goes!

I meant to post the first pictures, but forgot that I could not upload my movie of "Let There Be Peace on Earth" fireworks at Epcot at the same time - later!

I guess, while I am waiting - and a little bit off topic - I will share last night's experience - blogger prerogative, and all - on the next post (below)

With the best of intentions of "celebrating" (remembrance) of the two week anniversay of my most recent Mr. Paul experience last night, I'd forgotten that I had agreed to go to a fundraiser with tickets my sister purchased. So far, I realize this may not sound interesting to you, much less worthy of an off-topic-indulgence, but bear with me - in the end, we circle back to two significance "life forces" that always catch my attention in any arena of life, that is PASSION AND QUALITY.

The event was to raise funds for a local, private high school to upgrade their auditorium - the light and sound system was installed in 1961. The band played the equivalent of the British Revolution's playlist - Beatles, Zombies, Kinks, The Who - plus American (Grass Roots, Midnight Confession) - only instead of playing for 20 minutes, five times a day, they played for 3 HOURS!!. This is a group of 5 guys - two of whom went to grade school with me (hence, I've known them 50+ years). It was like a high school dance - only with seats, adult beverages - and guys were dancing. So, these guys all have days jobs, support their families and do the music for fun. They play with the PASSION and skill of guys who could have gone far in their field, but elected to stay "home" (Western NY) - well, except for, of course, Billy Sheehan. Caught a (free) Talas reunion in Niagara Falls last summer and got to watch him play for the first time in 40-ish years. Wow. If you are a guitar fan, check him out. Just another guy from WNY.....

Anyway, these guys played great music, well. The lead guitarist was in my older brother's class, he still looks the same. His family owned the community music store - I still remember walking there to buy my next piano lesson book. His guitar collection on stage was impressive - who knows what he has at home. The keyboarder was in my younger brother's class - he's still looks the same too. Where I am going with this, is that these guys are all around 60 and performed (perfectly) for 3 solid hours after completing their day jobs. Needless to say, they perform with an economy of motion and ease that is very nice to watch.

I couldn't help be be reminded how hard-working this generation was.

Which set me to thinking about another, related "event." We had our 40th high school reunion this year (in case you had not already deduced my age, now you know). One of the participants had the initiative to do a documentary of the event - in context of the times and town - and did a great job. I have included the link below (although I don't know if disboards allows such things) and encourage viewing it, if you are interested.

Niagara Falls High School Reunion - 40 Years

I think the following people might want to consider viewing it:
- anyone who graduated from high school between 1970 and 1974 - you will definitely related to the music, hair & clothes, times.... Especially those heading to a milestone reunion in the near future.
- anyone related to the education field - what perspective to hear them talk about some of the teachers and principals from that time - not at all what you hear today (BTW, my dad is one of the teachers referenced, Mr Hagerty - around minute #7). I think today's teachers might find a shred of hope here that they make a difference.
- anyone from Western NY - you will enjoy the trip down local memory lane
- anyone who knows Kevin Wyrauch - I only know KW through this reunion, but apparently, he worked in national media
- anyone who loves middle America - it is indeed both a slice of what made our country great and the work we have ahead

That said, if you could, please leave your thoughts on Kevin's youtube post - he did a lot of work, with no expected reward - and anyone who posts on blogs can relate to that!!

Admiring the St Germain collection in Chefs ...

p1391287138-3.jpg

The new menus - regular dinner menu, premium dinner (prix fixe) menu

p1391287596-4.jpg

Amuse Bouche - Escargot en brioche

p1391289210-4.jpg

Philippe, sharing St Germain cocktails

p1391290966-4.jpg

Saumon mi-cuit marine, salade de concombre
Lightly cooked marinated salmon, blinis, cucumber salad

p1391295294-4.jpg

p1391296204-4.jpg

The entire table agreed that this was phenomenal, pretty much echoing my description from the first meal (in this thread) - that it was outstanding salmon prepared in a deceptively simple manner, in ways to bring out all the best flavors and textures. I've gotten over the pastrami!!​

I also noticed that the menu listing for this dish was a desription of the dish, and not referred to as "Mise en bouche" - much clearer.....

More to come after laundry (not French) and exercise!

Soupe aux truffes V.G.E. .....
Beef broth, oxtail, vegetables, black winter truffle, puff pastry

p1391299518-4.jpg

Saw a picture of this in a recent Wall Street Journal feature on Paul Bocuse, at Paul Bocuse in Lyon. Here is the excerpt:

"The Bocuse name is everywhere: lining the rim of the bowl of soup; the soup spoon, used to ladle his famed black truffle and foie gras soup served at $100 per bowl is stamped with his initials" (WSJ.magazine, January 18th)

Pretty sure this is the same concept, however I can't vouch for the recipe (MP's doesn't reference foie gras). The presentation is similar, although I thought the crust at Monsieur Paul's had more color, flake and sheen - and for us, only $29!!!!! Before Tables in Wonderland!!!

For those interested in the entire article, here is the link (not sure if I have access because I am a subscriber to WSJ, or if everyone does)

Anyway - that was a ittle ambling context for everyone. I am still learning to appreciate the level of what they are offering at this restaurant; great, classic French cuisine.

On to the "other" first course - the lobster!!

Homard du Maine a l'Armoricaine, riz pilaf
Maine lobster, vegetable brunoise, bisque, rice pilaf
(Also available as a main course)

p1391305366-4.jpg

To be continued. Would love to stay and chat, but season hockey tickets arrived today (about 6 months late, I might add) and I have to sort them out!!

Baguette & Butter

p1391307250-4.jpg

Cote de boeuf pour deux, haricot vert, pommes fondantes, sauce au poivre
Roasted bone-in ribeye for two, green beans and fondantes potatoes, black pepper sauce

p1391309148-4.jpg

... with tableside presentation

p1391311250-4.jpg

... plate view

p1391319716-4.jpg

Same lobster dish available for first course was also available as an entree (double lobster).

p1391312412-4.jpg

Carre d'agneau do Colorado en croute d'herbs, pissaladiere Nicoise, cassolette de flageolet
Herb crusted rack of Colordo lamb, Nicoise style tart with goat cheese, onions and arugula, cassolette of flageolet beans

p1391315828-4.jpg

.... veggie view

p1391316080-4.jpg

A few comments....
- The meat was perfectly cooked (medium rare) - and I think that, this time, I was more conscientious about making sure the photo captured it (apologies to the chef for Dec's pix)
- I was looking forward to trying the ribeye as it is my favorite cut, and it is not available on the prix fixe menu for a solo-diner (which is what I was in Dec)
- the meats were great, as expected and shown here.
- my sons were very vocal in the compliments for the asparagas tart that accompanied the lamb - they thought it delicious on many levels and unique (which usually means "mom doesn't make anything like it" - probably because I shy away from goat cheese, although I've several I have liked)
- I also really appreciate, once again, the simplicity, flavor, texture of the green beans and potatoes - has to be a combination of techniques to get moist, slightly crunchy veggies.
- We planned 4 Prix Fixe dinners, and I would help myself to various plates, because I knew we would not have time to consume leftovers, as we were leaving for Port Canaveral the next morning - but Edouard suggested the lobster entree, and, of course, what's not to love about it!?!?!

On the premium (prix fixe) menu, you have your choice of dessert from the regular menu. We opted for....

Vacherin Glace Vanille, sorbet Framboise, creme chantilly
Vanilla ice cream, and raspberry sorbet in a meringue, whipped cream

p1391329830-4.jpg

Moelleux au chocolat noir et amandes, croquant feuilletine, glace pralinee

Warm chocolate and almond cake, feuilletine, praline ice cream

p1391326430-4.jpg

Millefeuilles aux Fruits rouges
Berries Napoleon with light lemon cream and strawberry sorbet

p1391326714-4.jpg

Another wonderful meal ....

1. I missed my B&B coffee - it was getting late and we still had to find a viewing spot for Illuminations. It didn't occur to me that I could order it "to go" (hmmm - they could probably add option that to the menu - even if they add it to the "to go" coffee counter in the new bakery). The quality of the coffee and quality / quantity of whipped cream (not to mention the B&B) really put my Starbucks one-pump, venti-mocha to shame. I won't miss out next visit!!

2. We spent 3 days leading up to this commando-style in the parks. This did not leave enough time to test / experience the new bakery. Also, next time.

3. We enjoyed everything about the meal - food, ambience (I noticed new tables and chairs since Dec), hospitality and look forward to many more!

Thank you to Eric, Philippe, Edouard!!

p1391292444-3.jpg

To all you readers who plan to dine here - the hostess will cheerfully take a group picture for you (assuming the entrance is empty enough for that)

p1391279810-3.jpg

p1391279800-3.jpg

I just wanted to thank you -- not only for the reviews, but for inspiring me.

I consider myself a foodie, and luckily for me my DH and DS have become foodies, too! We love eating out, trying new things, etc.

I admit that in restaurants, they (as well as friends, when we go out together) expect me to know what everything on the menu means. And I expect myself to know as well. But hey -- I don't know everything, and don't always like to admit that ;)

So you inspired me to really ask questions, to find out what I don't know, and to remember to feel comfortable saying that I don't know something. How else can I learn?

We already have reservations at MP for our trip in June and really cannot wait -- and I've learned SO much from your terrific reviews, and have enjoyed your gorgeous photos.

Thanks for everything!!

Lovely review like always. I enjoy reading each and everyone.

:)

Thanks for following along!
I just wanted to thank you -- not only for the reviews, but for inspiring me.

I consider myself a foodie, and luckily for me my DH and DS have become foodies, too! We love eating out, trying new things, etc.

I admit that in restaurants, they (as well as friends, when we go out together) expect me to know what everything on the menu means. And I expect myself to know as well. But hey -- I don't know everything, and don't always like to admit that ;)

So you inspired me to really ask questions, to find out what I don't know, and to remember to feel comfortable saying that I don't know something. How else can I learn?

We already have reservations at MP for our trip in June and really cannot wait -- and I've learned SO much from your terrific reviews, and have enjoyed your gorgeous photos.

Thanks for everything!!
Wow - thanks for being so kind - and yes, it is a classic "the more you know, the more you realize you don't know" - but learning IS the fun, especially when it comes to eating! If you are looking for more dining research, you can use the Disboard search function to locate other threads started by "ehagerty" - although, it could be dangerous - I don't how much inspiration your personal dining plan (budget) can stand!

Also, somewhere between the deux bouches, I got a glass of wine (Pinot Blanc, Baron DeHuen 2010 - Alsace) and the classic, still crisp-on-the-outside, steamy-on-the-inside baguette.

p1327263508-4.jpg

Lovely photo; well worth a second look. I was tickled by the "two mouths" comment.

To be continued. Would love to stay and chat, but season hockey tickets arrived today (about 6 months late, I might add) and I have to sort them out!!

Let's go boys!

Completely off-topic question for you. Have you ever gone to the Niagara Ice Wine Festival? I'm dying to go.

Completely off-topic question for you. Have you ever gone to the Niagara Ice Wine Festival? I'm dying to go.
I have not, but if you come, we will go!

Wait a minute - the "second look" - is that me, upside down, in the wine?

I have not, but if you come, we will go!

Wait a minute - the "second look" - is that me, upside down, in the wine?

Duly noted!

I looked closely (turned laptop upside down, even) and I think it looks like the back of a woman and a man with a camera. Maybe from the table behind you?

I swung by Orlando on Jan 8th for work (oh darn, leaving Alaska in winter for a work trip to Florida) and my mother drove up to spend the evening at Epcot with me. (sorry wifey!) I treated her to Monsieur Paul. All I can say is WOW! As everyone above has said, it really is an awesome restaurant. The duck was wonderful. Escargot is one of my favorite meals and the little bread filled escargot was awesome. The escargot ravioli...I am trying to learn to make it myself. Definitely worth a visit and the price (in my opinion).

My new favorite restaurant.

Clint

I swung by Orlando on Jan 8th for work (oh darn, leaving Alaska in winter for a work trip to Florida) and my mother drove up to spend the evening at Epcot with me. (sorry wifey!) I treated her to Monsieur Paul. All I can say is WOW! As everyone above has said, it really is an awesome restaurant. The duck was wonderful. Escargot is one of my favorite meals and the little bread filled escargot was awesome. The escargot ravioli...I am trying to learn to make it myself. Definitely worth a visit and the price (in my opinion).

My new favorite restaurant.

Clint
Thanks for stopping by sharing your experience - looks like we missed each other by only a few days!

My sister-in-law says ice wine festival is great - so does it every year. Also - here is a video clip of Niagara Falls and Niagara on the Lake in Fall (harvest!!) - the best footage of the Falls I have ever seen (and I live about 5 miles away)!!

Link to Niagara Falls video

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter