Monorail Crawl suggestions…

glocon

DIS Veteran
My sister and I have a F&W trip mid-September.

She hasn’t seen many of the resorts, so part of our days will be eating/having cocktails at different resorts depending on the park we will be at for the day.

On one of our MK days (leaving at about 3:30-4pm on a party MNSSHP day) I thought we could tour the monorail resorts for dinner and drinks.

I’ve been wanting to try Steakhouse71 at the CR so thought we’d start there. Maybe try getting in to California Grill lounge for a drink, then dinner at S71.

Then on to the Poly and GF for drinks and snacks.
Will see if we can get into Trader Sam’s, but don’t know if we will get in. If not, what do you suggest?

May try to time it to see the EWP at one of the resorts as well.

Any suggestions with the plan so far and for other lounges and snacks to try?

Thanks all!

For GF you could try the Enchanted Rose lounge which is located upstairs near the monorail entrance. Citricos also has a lounge but I don't think Citricos is open on a Monday or Tuesday so bear that in mind. Narcoossee's just redid their bar too in the refurb but haven't had chance to try it yet. Maybe check out the lounge menus for those places and see if anything takes your fancy and don't forget that you'll have to keep going through bag check each time that you get on the monorail.

For Poly if you can't get into Trader Sam's then you can always try the Tambu lounge upstairs by 'Ohana but I don't think there's much seating there either. They serve food there too and on the secret menu you can get the noodles, pot stickers and bread pudding from 'Ohana there.

For Epcot Resorts I know Ale & Compass has a lounge that seems to be popular but I'm not sure about the other resorts in the area. Maybe look into the Swolphin and the lounge at Topolino's in the Rivera.

Thanks!
I will look at those menus, but is there anything you would recommend that you particularly like?

I was thinking we would walk to the CR from MK, then monorail next to the Poly then monorail again to the GF.
Maybe walk to MK after the GF to catch a bus back to the Swan where we are staying.

Would you recommend having a bite at the lounge or at a QS at any of the resorts?

I would love opinions!

Thanks!
I will look at those menus, but is there anything you would recommend that you particularly like?

I was thinking we would walk to the CR from MK, then monorail next to the Poly then monorail again to the GF.
Maybe walk to MK after the GF to catch a bus back to the Swan where we are staying.

Would you recommend having a bite at the lounge or at a QS at any of the resorts?

I would love opinions!
Steakhouse and Cali Grill don't open until 5:00 pm, so maybe stay a little longer at MK? Or start your tour at Poly (you can take a boat from MK-GF-Poly) and do the loop Poly-GF-CR-TTC (where the Swan bus will pick you up - Swan buses don't go directly to MK - you could always take a BWI or YC/BC back to the EP area and walk to Swan, however). Trader Sam's and Enchanted Rose open earlier than Steakhouse and Cali. You could also add in WL if you want to take a boat over - Geyser Point is very nice.

Maybe consider just doing apps at each of the places - the apps at Trader Sam's are really good and quite large. We also love getting Dole Whips at Poly. At Steakhouse, the burger and chocolate cake are incredible. If Citricos happens to be open the night you are going, I would stop in there as well - some of the best food in WDW, IMHO.

Will see if we can get into Trader Sam’s, but don’t know if we will get in. If not, what do you suggest?

Not only is there the Tambu Lounge upstairs by 'Ohana, but the Tiki Terrance (Trader Sam's outside deck) offers all the drinks from the Grog Grotto and almost never has a wait. Sometimes it has live music at night.

We did Tambu Lounge, Trader Sam's, Enchanted Rose, and Steakhouse 71 lounge for apps and drinks. Then Outer Rim for just drinks. At Tambu we had the pot stickers and wings. At Trader Sam's we liked the lettuce cups and pork tacos. At Enchanted Rose we had the charcuterie and cheese board. At Steakhouse 71 we had the bacon and eggs and the onion rings. Everything was good. We did this as a late lunch kind of thing and we were lucky enough to get into trader Sam's at opening.
There's a good chance you'll have to wait a couple hours for Trader Sam's if you don't get on the list early. Tambu lounge is pretty decent alternative. We started there waiting for TS to open.
If you'll be going to the Boardwalk, we like Abracadabar and Belle Vue Lounge. Food options are pretty limited, but the atmosphere is cool. Big River is OK, but more food options.

We did Tambu Lounge, Trader Sam's, Enchanted Rose, and Steakhouse 71 lounge for apps and drinks. Then Outer Rim for just drinks. At Tambu we had the pot stickers and wings. At Trader Sam's we liked the lettuce cups and pork tacos. At Enchanted Rose we had the charcuterie and cheese board. At Steakhouse 71 we had the bacon and eggs and the onion rings. Everything was good. We did this as a late lunch kind of thing and we were lucky enough to get into trader Sam's at opening.
There's a good chance you'll have to wait a couple hours for Trader Sam's if you don't get on the list early. Tambu lounge is pretty decent alternative. We started there waiting for TS to open.
If you'll be going to the Boardwalk, we like Abracadabar and Belle Vue Lounge. Food options are pretty limited, but the atmosphere is cool. Big River is OK, but more food options.
Thanks for all the details!
That’s exactly what I was looking to find out.

And we do plan on going to Abracadabar on an EP day 😄.
And some YC/BC, BW and Swandolphin lounges as well for apps and drinks.

Also plan on eating at Jiko, and doing the Sangria University at CSR so will see those resorts too.

I would start with trader sams...they open at 3 and if you get your name on the list...you can have a lovely drink and be on your way at 4, 4:30...then enchanted rose...then head to contemporary...when the resort to resort boats ran the territory lounge at wilderness lounge was a fun stop...but there is plenty to do at contemporary and you can end your night at the steakhouse...

I did a mini monorail crawl on Sunday April 23rd. We went directly to Trader Sams at 3pm and put our name down. We then took the monorail to GF and sat at Enchanted Rose for a drink for a while. Enchanted Rose was not busy at all, we easily got a table on the balcony for 4, but there was a whole room of empty tables we could have sat at. Did some shopping at Basin. Went back to the Polynesian and sat on Trader Sam's outdoor patio and listened to the ukelele player. I got the dumplings (NOT the same as the 'Ohana ones, unfortunately) and the Tuna Sushi Roll (delicious and bright purple! Lol) and the Ace Pineapple Cider -- delicious! We got our notification to go into Sam's right before 6pm, and our server quickly got us our bills and we headed in. Enjoyed indoors at Sam's for an hour then got drinks at the Poly pool bar and grabbed 4 adirondack chairs on the beach and sipped while waiting for fireworks. We watched the electric water pageant and listened to relaxing music - lovely! The beach FILLS IN, so best to get there early if you want chairs. Fireworks music is pipped in. Afterwards, we could have EASILY gotten a seat at Tambu Lounge, but we hurried over to the BoardWalk after that to do Jellyrolls because we were doing everything in one evening lol.

Highly recommend all of the above!! Except Sam's dumplings, just go to Tambu and get the real deal. Lol.
Also, in general it's less crowded on a weekday. Beware of Fridays-Sundays ha!

Just don't make the same mistake I did with my monorail crawl - I started at Trader Sam's and ended up sitting at the bar which was waaaay too much fun. So the first stop on the monorail crawl lasted 2.5 hours and 4 drinks, the last of which was a spin on the Wheel of Chance (Wheel of Death?) that landed on the Nautilus - a drink recommended for 2 or more people. By the time we made it to the Enchanted Rose, it definitely felt way too fancy for the mood we were in!

My recommendation - try to get to Trader Sam's last if you can make the timing work.

My sister and I have a F&W trip mid-September.

She hasn’t seen many of the resorts, so part of our days will be eating/having cocktails at different resorts depending on the park we will be at for the day.

On one of our MK days (leaving at about 3:30-4pm on a party MNSSHP day) I thought we could tour the monorail resorts for dinner and drinks.

I’ve been wanting to try Steakhouse71 at the CR so thought we’d start there. Maybe try getting in to California Grill lounge for a drink, then dinner at S71.

Then on to the Poly and GF for drinks and snacks.

May try to time it to see the EWP at one of the resorts as well.

Any suggestions with the plan so far and for other lounges and snacks to try?

Thanks all!

I've done this a couple of times in the past year. It will definitely take longer than you think it will so allow plenty of time. I honestly wouldn't do a meal anywhere. It will take up a good chunk of time and you will likely to too full for more drinks. We usually rotate stops with an app to share. Although not technically on the monorail I would highly recommend adding territory lounge at WL. The apps are huge and great for sharing and the drinks are fantastic. Its truly a hidden gem! Here's our charcuterie. 20230510_192215.jpg

You could always start at poly, put your name on the trader sams wait list which would be probably 3 hours at that point. Then hit the the other resorts and end back at the poly. Tambu lounge and the tiki terrace are good alternatives if you can't get into Trader Sam’s. Enchanted rose is a must at GF. Have fun!!

One of my favorite drinks is the Mai Tai at the Tambu Lounge
View attachment 764423

That glass is so cute! I am strictly a Lapu Lapu gal usually because I cannot pass up the novelty of drinking out of a pineapple so I don't think I realized Tambu had such cool drinkware.

Just don't make the same mistake I did with my monorail crawl - I started at Trader Sam's and ended up sitting at the bar which was waaaay too much fun. So the first stop on the monorail crawl lasted 2.5 hours and 4 drinks, the last of which was a spin on the Wheel of Chance (Wheel of Death?) that landed on the Nautilus - a drink recommended for 2 or more people. By the time we made it to the Enchanted Rose, it definitely felt way too fancy for the mood we were in!

My recommendation - try to get to Trader Sam's last if you can make the timing work.

Wheel of Chance?? I haven't been to Trader Sam's in FOREVER, might have to do this on my next visit ...

I've done this a couple of times in the past year. It will definitely take longer than you think it will so allow plenty of time. I honestly wouldn't do a meal anywhere. It will take up a good chunk of time and you will likely to too full for more drinks. We usually rotate stops with an app to share. Although not technically on the monorail I would highly recommend adding territory lounge at WL. The apps are huge and great for sharing and the drinks are fantastic. Its truly a hidden gem! Here's our charcuterie. View attachment 766132

You could always start at poly, put your name on the trader sams wait list which would be probably 3 hours at that point. Then hit the the other resorts and end back at the poly. Tambu lounge and the tiki terrace are good alternatives if you can't get into Trader Sam’s. Enchanted rose is a must at GF. Have fun!!
Thanks!

If adding WL to the monorail crawl, what order would you suggest doing the resorts/lounges in?

I guess mostly I’d like to try to get into Trader Sam’s since it's so unique.
And maybe try and see the EWP.

What do you think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter