Moms to be Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I was on this thread back in 2009, but I've been reading every since I graduated from it. My little one will be 2.5 in 10 days I can't believe it!.

DisneyElite4- I took my son to Disney when he was 13 months old and had a fantastic time! I would take another child at that age in a heart beat. The great thing about Disney and Magic Kingdom especially was the ability to take him on so many rides. And at that age he didn't understand being scared on the rides, but was able to take it all the lights, sounds, and movements! He lit up on It's a Small World! We went again when he was 18 months and again he was great. Went again when he was 25 months and that's where the challenge begun. He wanted to be more independent and walk around rather than be in his stroller, he hated waiting in line (we went in January and the lines were minuscule). What I realize was that in between 18 and 25 months we had taken away his Paci which at 18 months made calming him down a lot easier. We're going again in July and he'll be over 2 and a half. He's a lot better with the stroller now and is learning patience, but I'm thinking a little repeat of January is going to happen, which I'm ready and prepared for. I have to say though, and I'm sure other mom's will back me up on this...There is nothing more magical than seeing the magic though your little ones eyes, no matter the age. As they get older and understand more the magic just grows and it's WONDERFUL!

Thanks Kristen! Sounds like you had a great experience - I know it can be all over the board with a child that young, so I guess we will just go and be prepared for anything!

Cher, we have been pretty regular with our Disney trips as well, but we decided we also wanted to wait until our future little one was a year old to go back. At first it was two, and now I am seriously thinking of going around the 12-14 month age late next year. Does anyone have any positive stories to share of taking a child that young? I always said I would wait, but I just don't think I can! :)

With our first DS (9yo now), his first trip was when he was 2 1/2 years old. We had went while I was 19w pregnant, so I was okay with waiting a little longer to bring him.

With DS#2 (15 months now), we didn't want to make DS (or US!!!) wait another 2-3 years to go back to WDW. We had found out I was pregnant with #2 right when we returned from WDW in June 2011. DS#2 was 10 months old during his first trip last December. It wasn't bad at all. DS#2 is pretty laid back, though. He slept in the stroller, had no problems in the pack-n-play. The biggest issue was that he was still on baby food and formula so I had to pack all of that every morning. We stayed out morning to night since it was cool. DS#2 did great with everything. We pretty much did our trip like we normally do. We didn't do anything "special" for DS#2 since he was so young. Next time we go, we'll make more of an effort to see/do things we know he would enjoy that we normally wouldn't do. He LOVED playing in the mulch. LOL! That's pretty much what he did while waiting for older DS and one of us to ride things he couldn't go on. He went on things with us that he could...pirates, peter pan, safari, etc. We did his first haircut at MK, even though he really didn't need it!

With baby #3, we plan on going next summer, so he'll be about the same age (10 months).

I have my 1 hour glucose test tomorrow. I'm so jealous that you'll know your results right away WDWAurora! As far as I know, I will not find out for a week. I do have my regular appointment with the dr right after they draw my blood so I'll ask the dr to find out for sure when I will get results. After tomorrow I will start going every 2 weeks. It's INSANE to me how quickly it's moving along now.
oh yeah..we got baby girl's room all painted and furniture is all set up! We're waiting til after my shower next month to see what we receive from our registry and then we'll buy the rest of the bedding, etc, so the room should be totally complete by end of June. :)

Hope your glucose test went well! I skipped it. Dr gave me the option of doing it or just start monitoring my blood sugar since I had GD with DS #2. I opted to skip that awful test!!

Yay for having the room set up! Makes it much more real, doesn't it?

So hello all! I'm expecting early January-ish. I'm very excited. I'll be touching base with my midwife as I get closer to 10 weeks. I'm only 4 weeks now and I literally just found out yesterday that I'm pregnant. I've had the worst heartburn for a week, which is always a dead give away for me. I'm headed to WDW this Saturday. I'm just glad that I'll be going before my morning sickness usually hits and I'm hoping it doesn't hit AT ALL. I really could do without that this time. This thread is so long I feel like I'll be buried and that I'm jumping into a club that's been going on for awhile. So Hi! Hope to get to know more of you! Anyone else an early 2013er?

Welcome and congratulations!! I am having my 3rd boy and I didn't have morning sickness with any of them. I was very lucky. #2 I had issues brushing my teeth, but that was about it!. The last two times I went to WDW I found out I was pregnant the day we got back! So I was pregnant at WDW without even knowing it!

I worry about protein too. I was vegetarian for 2 years and added fish back into my diet last summer. My doc seems to think my intake is good. She said low mercury fish/seafood is ok 2-3 times a week plus I try to eat a lot of yogurt, beans & cheese things like that. Lately I’ve been eating apple slices with peanut butter YUM!

How was the appointment? Did baby girl turn? Those last few weeks can be uncomfortable but you’re so close! She will be here soon.

Sigh...my protein was still a bit low! I was doing so good, or so I thought...I was told to get 100 grams of protein per day now - yikes! :faint: It won't be easy! I love the idea of apples with peanut butter though.

I am happy to say that she finally did turn! Woo-Hoo! :banana: One thing that concerned me a bit though, was the fact that she is measuring a bit big and my amniotic fluid level is a bit high. My midwife said she wasn't at all worried about it, but stupid me went and did a Google search about it and what I read scared the heck out of me! I need to just trust my midwife and not look on the internet. Ugh!

I am hoping these next 9 weeks go fast...I have 12 more days of work left and it is getting harder and harder physically to do my job without feeling like a zombie! I am so ready to meet our little princess! princess:

Thanks so much for the warm welcome ladies! My heartburn has died down today due to increasing my zantac. Phew! 2 more days until we see the mouse! Doing our last minute packing today. This week has been a whirlwind. I went from planning our vacation to suddenly having baby on the brain. Also, I'm super nervous about flying this Saturday as it's my first time. :faint:

… and now I am seriously thinking of going around the 12-14 month age late next year. Does anyone have any positive stories to share of taking a child that young? I always said I would wait, but I just don't think I can! :)

Sounds like things are going well with everyone's pregnancies. :goodvibes We have our big ultrasound in less than two weeks! We are both so excited to find out what we are having! Of course, the most important thing is a healthy little baby in October.

We took DD just a few days after her first birthday. Both DH and I had been to WDW before but that’s when we fell in love hard-core with Disney :love: ! It was such a wonderful trip. By then DD was down to 1 nap a day and had weaned from breastfeeding so it was a good time to go. It was probably easier bc she was our only. We would go to the park in the morning until just after lunch then head back to the resort for a nap then back to the parks for the evening.
We actually still keep that schedule at Disney bc we like for her (even at 4 years old) to have a break during the day. It keeps her energized until like 11pm! After our June trip we will not go back until baby#2 is around 1.

How exciting to find out the gender soon! I’m due in Oct also (Oct 2nd) but was able to find out the gender early. I go for my 20 wk U/S Tuesday and I’ll be able to make sure it’s still a boy.

Sigh...my protein was still a bit low! I was doing so good, or so I thought...I was told to get 100 grams of protein per day now - yikes! :faint: It won't be easy! I love the idea of apples with peanut butter though.

I am happy to say that she finally did turn! Woo-Hoo! :banana: One thing that concerned me a bit though, was the fact that she is measuring a bit big and my amniotic fluid level is a bit high. My midwife said she wasn't at all worried about it, but stupid me went and did a Google search about it and what I read scared the heck out of me! I need to just trust my midwife and not look on the internet. Ugh!

I am hoping these next 9 weeks go fast...I have 12 more days of work left and it is getting harder and harder physically to do my job without feeling like a zombie! I am so ready to meet our little princess! princess:

That stinks about your protein! Have you done shakes or smoothies? I do smoothies on occasion if I feel like my protein intake has been low.
Excited that baby girl turned. She’s getting ready for her debut.

So I modified our reservation at Yacht club to 4 nights! We gave up a beach day and will head to WDW early!!!! I’m so excited. With more nights maybe I’ll feel less pressure to be in the park so much.

I know, right? My hubby took me to the Disney Store near us last week and oh my word...all of the cute Disney baby girl clothes they had! I could have spent $200-$300 on everything I saw. It was hard walking out of there!
I haven't been to our Disney Store recently, but I'm a little afraid to go for exactly the reason you mention! I'm not even much of a shopper, but I'm pretty sure adorable baby girl things will be calling to me! :rotfl:

So hello all! I'm expecting early January-ish. I'm very excited. I'll be touching base with my midwife as I get closer to 10 weeks. I'm only 4 weeks now and I literally just found out yesterday that I'm pregnant. I've had the worst heartburn for a week, which is always a dead give away for me. I'm headed to WDW this Saturday. I'm just glad that I'll be going before my morning sickness usually hits and I'm hoping it doesn't hit AT ALL. I really could do without that this time. This thread is so long I feel like I'll be buried and that I'm jumping into a club that's been going on for awhile. So Hi! Hope to get to know more of you! Anyone else an early 2013er?
Welcome! I hope you have a wonderful trip to WDW in a couple days (and don't have morning sickness). I'm pretty new here, so I'm not sure, but long as this thread is, I think many of the recently active people are relatively new here too. I read back a little ways, but couldn't handle the whole thread!

I will not be going until our DD turns 1. We haven't been seen Sept 2009 so I'm totally itching to get back but I want to wait until she's a little older so we're waiting.
Same here...for some reason, I feel most comfortable if she's over 1. We've also been spoiled with a lot of WDW trips in recent years.

I have my 1 hour glucose test tomorrow. I'm so jealous that you'll know your results right away WDWAurora! As far as I know, I will not find out for a week.
Did you end up having to wait for results? I did an early glucose test b/c there's a type 2 history in my family. They were able to give me results immediately (like, I was still sitting where they did the blood draw). I passed, so that's good, but I have to do it at again at the normal 28 week time too. Hopefully you don't have to wait long for your results!

Cher, we have been pretty regular with our Disney trips as well, but we decided we also wanted to wait until our future little one was a year old to go back. At first it was two, and now I am seriously thinking of going around the 12-14 month age late next year. Does anyone have any positive stories to share of taking a child that young? I always said I would wait, but I just don't think I can! :)
Seems like several of us are thinking along the same lines. I've spent quite a bit of time lurking Trip Reports for ones with 1-year-olds. One of my favorites I read was this one: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2832745 If there's anything that can convince someone that bringing a one-year-old is a brilliant idea, it's all the adorable pictures of their son with the characters! :lovestruc

I took my son to Disney when he was 13 months old and had a fantastic time! I would take another child at that age in a heart beat. The great thing about Disney and Magic Kingdom especially was the ability to take him on so many rides. And at that age he didn't understand being scared on the rides, but was able to take it all the lights, sounds, and movements! He lit up on It's a Small World! We went again when he was 18 months and again he was great.
Thank you for your stories. It seems like all the reports I've heard about bringing small kids to WDW involve them loving IaSW! :rotfl:

DS#2 was 10 months old during his first trip last December. It wasn't bad at all. DS#2 is pretty laid back, though. He slept in the stroller, had no problems in the pack-n-play. We did his first haircut at MK, even though he really didn't need it!

With baby #3, we plan on going next summer, so he'll be about the same age (10 months).
Thanks for sharing your experiences also! Seems like a pretty good age to go!

I am happy to say that she finally did turn! Woo-Hoo! :banana:
That's great news! :cool1:

We took DD just a few days after her first birthday. Both DH and I had been to WDW before but that’s when we fell in love hard-core with Disney :love: ! It was such a wonderful trip. By then DD was down to 1 nap a day and had weaned from breastfeeding so it was a good time to go. It was probably easier bc she was our only. We would go to the park in the morning until just after lunch then head back to the resort for a nap then back to the parks for the evening. .
Sounds like a great schedule. I'm hoping our experience is like that when we bring our little princess.

Thanks Kristen! Sounds like you had a great experience - I know it can be all over the board with a child that young, so I guess we will just go and be prepared for anything!

Our twins first trip was 8.5 months, and even then watching them take everything in (though admittedly the trip just as much was because WE missed it! :)) was wonderful. As someone else has mentioned, it's magical at every age. They've been several times since, and in our opinion there's no wrong age to go. Logistically, there was no difficulty in taking them at all. Nolan will go on his first trip at 5 months. Our only word of advice is to utilize the Baby Care Centers in each park (whether nursing, needing a change or not, they're a great change of scenery and refuge from the busyness of the parks - regardless of the crowd level. Each has a little play area, too, that the kids have loved since that age). Also, as you've gathered, just be prepared for a slower/different pace - as is really the case anywhere once you add kids to the mix, right? :)

Have fun!

Amyren, have so much fun at Disney! Welcome TARDIS! I hope you have a great Disney trip - I did not have any morning sickness at all and would have been fine on a Disney trip in the first trimester, so maybe you will get lucky this time!

My coworker said that taking her daughter at 10 months old was SO much easier than at 3 years old! They don't fight to get out of the stroller at 10 months old. LOL

Hope your glucose test went well! I skipped it. Dr gave me the option of doing it or just start monitoring my blood sugar since I had GD with DS #2. I opted to skip that awful test!!

Yay for having the room set up! Makes it much more real, doesn't it?

It actually wasn't so bad. But I have to wait for results. I was soooo sleepy all day afterwards. Was rough being at work but I made it :)

Having the room set up is such a RELIEF and it also definitely makes it very real and I'm getting very excited for her to arrive!

yay! that's awesome news. Hmmmm never heard of amniotic fluid being high...glad your midwife isn't worried. No more googling missy!

Did you end up having to wait for results? I did an early glucose test b/c there's a type 2 history in my family. They were able to give me results immediately (like, I was still sitting where they did the blood draw). I passed, so that's good, but I have to do it at again at the normal 28 week time too. Hopefully you don't have to wait long for your results!

yes, until next Monday at earliest. They will give me a call. Crossing my fingers that I passed! Glad you passed, I'm sorry you have to do it yet again though.

Our Our only word of advice is to utilize the Baby Care Centers in each park (whether nursing, needing a change or not, they're a great change of scenery and refuge from the busyness of the parks - regardless of the crowd level. Each has a little play area, too, that the kids have loved since that age).

This is SO true!! When we went with DS#1 at 2.5, I just went in the normal bathrooms with him to change him. OUr last trip, with DS#2, I tried the baby care center for the first time and fell in love!! SOOOO much nicer than those little changing tables in the bathrooms. And most times I went, the baby centers were practically empty. I wish they had more than one in each park!

This is SO true!! When we went with DS#1 at 2.5, I just went in the normal bathrooms with him to change him. OUr last trip, with DS#2, I tried the baby care center for the first time and fell in love!! SOOOO much nicer than those little changing tables in the bathrooms. And most times I went, the baby centers were practically empty. I wish they had more than one in each park!

are the locations on the map so they're easy to find? I definitely want to check them out when we go with our lil one!

are the locations on the map so they're easy to find? I definitely want to check them out when we go with our lil one!

We only went to MK and Epcot with ds, but at least those two were easy to find. In MK it's between Casey's and the Crystal Palace, and in Epcot it's on the way to Mexico from FutureWorld. I much preferred the changing tables there, they are large and padded with disposable paper liners. So much better than the small, hard tables in the restrooms. I wish they had two or three in each park since they are so large. They also have baby products for sale just in case your forget something or run low on something while out (diapers, wipes, sunblock, formula, food, really anything you may need).

We only went to the MK and Epcot ones, too. The Epcot one is in the old Odessey building. They are marked on the maps so shouldn't be hard to find. The only bad thing is that there's only one in each park. I wish they would have at least two. I never knew that there was somewhere in each park to buy baby formula, baby food, etc. Really good to know.

Hi Girls,
I hope everyone is well and feeling great!!!

I wanted to let you know that May 2, our sweet baby boy was born at 10:10am. We have been on cloud 9 and just head over heals in love.

I hope to read back and catch up with all.
Hoping to download photos this week.

Maria:cloud9:

Hi Girls,

I wanted to let you know that May 2, our sweet baby boy was born at 10:10am. We have been on cloud 9 and just head over heals in love.

Congratulations on your baby boy! Enjoy every moment!

Hi Girls,

absolutely can't wait to see pics! I've followed your journey so I'm very thrilled for you! Enjoy him :goodvibes

Hi Girls,

How exciting! Congratulatons! :goodvibes

I hope everyone is doing well. I had my 20 wk appointment today. Baby is doing great and appears to still be a boy. ;) Kinda kidding but a few of my friends gave me a hard time about finding out the gender early (15wks 3 days). They kept telling me that it wasn’t always accurate before 20 wks. Good thing he’s still a boy bc I’ve been getting rid of lots of DD’s old clothes and we just painted his room!
Any way, the appointment went great until I threw up in the sink in the exam room while waiting on the doc. I think my new prenatal vitamin has caused my recent nausea. Since I don’t eat meat I switched to a vitamin with iron several weeks ago. The switch seems coincide with the onset of my nausea. I was feeling great until the new vitamin. Anyone else experienced this? I think I'm going to start taking it with dinner instead of breakfast.

My next appointment (with glucose test) is in 4 weeks then off to Disney!!!

Hi Girls,

Congratulations!!! So exciting to read such a happy ending to a long journey! :goodvibes Can['t wait to see pictures!

How exciting! Congratulatons! :goodvibes

I hope everyone is doing well. I had my 20 wk appointment today. Baby is doing great and appears to still be a boy. ;) Kinda kidding but a few of my friends gave me a hard time about finding out the gender early (15wks 3 days). They kept telling me that it wasn’t always accurate before 20 wks. Good thing he’s still a boy bc I’ve been getting rid of lots of DD’s old clothes and we just painted his room!

I get nervous every time I have an ultrasound that the gender changed. LOL! This time I saw the boy parts right away, so I'm feeling pretty confident!

I think I've mentioned before that my hospital is building a new hospital. was supposed to open up in June, but that got pushed back to August 5th and my due date is August 25th. :faint: This weekend they are having an open house at the new hospital, so I think I'm going to go check it out. It will make me feel better sorta knowing where to go and what to expect. I'm being optimistic that this baby will stay put at least until the new hospital is open!

Made it through my WDW trip without a single symptom! We had a blast. Now to plan when to do our next vacation...while still pregnant with this LO or about six months after (or more). ;)

Congratulations Maria on your new bundle! :love:

Congratulations on your new bundle of joy, Maria! I can imagine you are just over the moon excited to be holding your little one! :cool1:

Amyren, I am so sorry you fell ill at the doctor! I had the same thing happen to me today (can't find any reason why either) and had to leave work early. It's such a bummer! I have heard that some prenatals can cause nausea. Any way to get a different one with the extra iron you need?

Tardis, yay on having a symptom-free WDW trip! I know that made it even more magical! pixiedust:

I hit 32 weeks this Friday and I am ready for this baby to arrive already! I am feeling quite a bit more tired (probably also due to our lovely Texas heat/humidity) and breathless and moving around much more slowly. I am so glad I only have 7 more days of work left before my leave! On a positive note, my birth center is doing belly painting classes this Friday night and I can't wait! My belly is finally round enough for the belly painting to look cute and I think I am going for a pink background with sparkly butterflies and bumblebees. It is going to be so cool! :banana:

Prenatals made me so sick!!!!!

Here are a few pics....

4 days old
IMG_0661.jpg

2 1/2 days, coming home from the hospital
IMG_0651.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter