Mommy-Daughter PRINCESS Trip (BBB, CRT, Tea Party) Photos & VIDEO RECAP/HIGHLIGHTS

Love your updates - all of them! You are on a roll! Great idea to print out your report for your scrapbook.

Can't believe that was DD's first haircut! What a great place for that experience.

Looking forward to the rest - you are doing a great job! :thumbsup2

wow, i can't believe how much you posted since I read yesterday. Can't wait to hear more. Loving DD outfits and all your photos.

MORE UPDATES TODAY??!!!!!

I wonder what the surprise is?? Another WDW trip to plan??!! Let's hope cuz you're on a roll, I'd love to read another one for a trip in the future!

What a fun report. I have this dream of taking my dd(now 5) for a surprise girls only weekend for one of her birthdays....not sure her brother would appreciate that tho! He's now 3 and would definitely notice!

Looks like you had a wonderful time.

A

Great TR, I'm really enjoying reading about your trip with your adorable daughter! I just loved seeing all the little girls in the parks a few weeks ago with their dresses and BBB makeovers and I'm glad you both had a fun time. Those Halloween Party photos are making me want to plan a trip for fall now!

Hi,I just started reaing your report earlier today,and I love it. Your daughter is really adorable and I love the clothes she was wearing....just an extra special touch to make your trip more special. When my youngest daughter was 4,my family took our first trip to Disney,and reading your report brought back the memories of walking around the Magic Kingdom with her,just her and I,as my DH and older DD went off on thier own to ride the more daring rides. It was only for a day,but it was such a special time being there with just her and seeing everything through her eyes.That was back in 97, before I went commando and was innocent where Disney was concerned.I didn't know as much as I do now,and in some ways,that made the day even more magical for us...we just took our time and explored everything we could,and just enjoyed the characters and the atmosphere of the park. Thank you for bringing back those special memories to me again with your trip report! I enjoy reading it so much !

It is so true that those first, early days of Disney are the most Magical, aren't they? Thanks for posting!

Hi,I just started reaing your report earlier today,and I love it. Your daughter is really adorable and I love the clothes she was wearing....just an extra special touch to make your trip more special. When my youngest daughter was 4,my family took our first trip to Disney,and reading your report brought back the memories of walking around the Magic Kingdom with her,just her and I,as my DH and older DD went off on thier own to ride the more daring rides. It was only for a day,but it was such a special time being there with just her and seeing everything through her eyes.That was back in 97, before I went commando and was innocent where Disney was concerned.I didn't know as much as I do now,and in some ways,that made the day even more magical for us...we just took our time and explored everything we could,and just enjoyed the characters and the atmosphere of the park. Thank you for bringing back those special memories to me again with your trip report! I enjoy reading it so much !

Sadly, I have no further TRs or pre-TRs planned.

And now that I am back to work the updates can't come as fast. I am still trying to complete the Report in full by the Weekend though!

MORE UPDATES TODAY??!!!!!

I wonder what the surprise is?? Another WDW trip to plan??!! Let's hope cuz you're on a roll, I'd love to read another one for a trip in the future!

DAY 3 (CON'T): OUR LAST EVENING AT MAGIC KINGDOM!

After returning to CBR by about 3:30pm after the aborted Parade Viewing, all of the long, jam packed days finally caught up to DD. She immediately crashed and had a good long nap. I soon followed her!

I woke up around 4:15pm and had a shower and got ready. I then woke DD who was very cranky, as she always is when she first gets up from her nap. With a little bit of proding I got her up and dressed and out the door within a half hour.

By shortly after 5:00pm we were on our way back to the Magic Kingdom. After arriving we casually strolled up Main Street and then checked in for our 5:45pm reservation at Crystal Palace. This was the first time that we had ever eaten here and I was looking forward to it. I have always loved the look of this building from afar and was curious to see the inside.

Unfortunately, the skies were still threatening and I wasn't entirely sure that SpectroMagic would be proceeding that evening. This was unfortunate as it would be our first (and last) opportunity to see it. Before this Trip, we had never taken in any nighttime events at WDW!

In May, while travelling with DS2 nighttime events were simply not an option for us. Our touring tended to be from 9:00am until 2:00 or 3:00pm and then returning to our off-property (yikes!) 2 bedroom condo at Mystic Dunes (formerly Wyndham Palms). While we loved our stay here, it will certainly be hard to ever stay off-site again!

We parked our stroller outside the restaurant and checked in. Then we joined the 40 or so people sitting around outside waiting for tables under the covered porch/balcony.

No sooner had we checked in and gotten under the cover of the balcony then another heavy downpour started. At this point I had just about given up on the weather for the day. I figured we would have our meal and then make a beeline for the bus trying to stay as dry as we could manage in the process.

After a fairly short wait, we were called in for our reservation within 10 minutes. It must have been that we were one of the few parties of two that evening as we went well ahead of many other families.

Once again, we had a great time at this character meal. Both the food, service and character interaction was great. In fact, our male server here seemed to be a Disney veteran and gave us the best service we received the entire trip! The added plus was dining in such a beautiful building.

We also enjoyed some Table Visits from our Friends.

First Piglet:

CopyofIMG_8061.jpg

CopyofIMG_8062.jpg

Then Tiger - high five man!

CopyofIMG_8060.jpg

CopyofIMG_8058.jpg

Then, everyone's Favourite Bear:

IMG_8054.jpg

CopyofIMG_8056.jpg

Katie getting frisky with Winnie:

CopyofIMG_8057.jpg

IMG_8053.jpg

Our one teeny disappointment was that we never had a table visit or pictures with Eeyore. When we were first shown to our table, Eeyore had already gone by our table for pictures. (You can actually make him out in the background of our Winnie picture.) We were advised not to worry and that before we finished our meal Eeyore would be back to see us. However, he never did return.

If it had been a big deal to us I have no doubt we could have waited until he came back around for the next seating, but particularly given that we had already taken pictures with Eeyore in Epcot it was not a high priority.

As we were finishing our meal (after a very leisurely pace, and a long coffee for dessert), we were surprised to see that the rain had stopped!!!

We ventured outside leaving the stroller behind (it was absolutely soaking wet!) and made our way towards Fantasyland. En route, we stopped to take a picture in front of the Castle:

image746-1.jpg

We then proceeded on to Fantasyland and then to Frontierland riding all of our favourite rides with very minimal, if any, waits. I guess that was the benefit of the hour rainfall while we were eating - it cleared the Park out!

After about 45 minutes of Park touring, we started to make our way to Frontierland for SpectroMagic. By this point, miraculously, the crowd levels had returned. We kept walking, inching along trying without luck to find a spot to see the Parade. Finally a young couple from the UK who were sitting high up on a fence wall along the back sidewalk offered to make room for us.

While I was a little nervous of hoisting DD up so high to watch the Parade, fortunately I spotted a trash can of all things immediately in front of the fence. I lifted her up on top of the trash can after tearing up our cheap rain ponchos to give her something to sit on. She ended up having a great view from a far less dangerous position than perching up high on the fence. I then hoisted myself up on the fence behind her. As it turned out, we ended up not only having an excellent view, but we also got to sit without being on the ground which would have been impossible as we were both wearing short skirts!

While I still have not mastered the art of taking nighttime photos, here are a few poor quality shots of the Parade which do nothing to show how great it really was:

CopyofIMG_8068.jpg

CopyofIMG_8075.jpg

CopyofIMG_8076.jpg

CopyofIMG_8078.jpg

CopyofIMG_8081.jpg

CopyofIMG_8086.jpg

IMG_8105.jpg

IMG_8107.jpg

IMG_8115.jpg

IMG_8117.jpg

IMG_8118.jpg

After SpectroMagic, we began to make our way to the Castle Hub for the Fireworks. Once again, it was crush-level crowds and we were literally inching along all the way from Frontierland.

Finally we found a really nice spot just outside Crystal Palace where we could sit on a bench and observe the Fireworks. While we did not have a completely perfect view (being somewhat obstructed by trees), it was great to have a bench all to ourselves in an uncrowded area.

Once again, the Fireworks were great. This time DD was still awake to enjoy them! This was DD's first time seeing Fireworks at WDW and it really charged her up. Afterwards she did not want to leave so we decided to stay and check out Tomorrowland as we had not visited here the entire Trip.

First we went on Buzz Lightyear for the very first time. I was actually surprised how fun it was. We both enjoyed it. Then we moved on to the Astro Orbiter. Again this was a first for each of us. We both enjoyed it, and especially the views! I will admit that before this Trip, I did not even know this ride existed! While I had seen it flying around, I always thought it was special effects, not an actual ride!

Our last stop of the evening was on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority, or the "People Mover". Although the concept is simple, it is actually a decent ride, especially after a long day. I really enjoyed doing it at night.

By this point it was almost 10pm!!! We actually made it to Park Closing! Again another great day. Once again I got my workout that evening after DD fell aspleep on the bus ride home and I had to carry her and all of our bags from the Jamaica bus stop to our room - Whew!

However, it was certainly worth it as we had another wonderful day at the Magic Kingdom!

Next Up - Day 4 Including:

Our Return to the Little Ones Extra Magic Hour at Magic Kingdom

A Special Princess Tea Party

Afternoon and Evening at Epcot's Food & Wine

Dinner at Chefs de France

Illuminations

I love CP. Only been for breakfast but I do love it.

what a great update. so glad the rain stopped.

What a great TR!! Your little Katie is lovely and her outfits are wonderful! Your fantastic TR is making me think that someday I could do this with my DD, just the two of us!

I am looking forward to hearing all about the tea party!

Suz

great pictures and updates as usual!!

It's a good thing the weather held up!! Your castle picture is very nice!!

Can't wait to read more tomorrow!!

Great Trip Report! Your little PRINCESS is a doll! I think 4 is just the prefect age to enjoy the parks! That was how old I was on my first trip and at 31 I can still remember it!

Dana

This TR makes me so excited for my January " Mommy and Me" trip with my DD, who will be 3.5! We leave the 30th, and have already decided to copy you on some ideas!

Loving your trip report...your daughter is adorable (do you ever get sick of hearing that?)..my favorite pictures are her at the CRT breakfast...love the outfits!

Thanks so much for sharing your trip with all of us, you truly made magical memories for your daughter and yourself :thumbsup2

:tinker:

I love the Spectro Magic Parade. We have never been on Buzz either. My two sons at the time were afraid to go in the dark :confused3 even after I told them Buzz was in there. I love the CP but next time I would like to go there for breakfast.

I love this little shirt your DD is wearing! It doesnt happen to be a 3 and you are ready to part with it? LOL Finding our Disney clothes is 1/2 the fun of planning!
Dana

I'm anxiously awaiting more of your trip report. I leave tomorrow for the World, so I'll have to catch up when I return.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter