• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mommy-Daughter PRINCESS Trip (BBB, CRT, Tea Party) Photos & VIDEO RECAP/HIGHLIGHTS

I love, love, love, your TR and your pictures!! I just now found it and I am loving it!

Love your report so much i logged on from work.... :surfweb:
cant wait for the next chapter in your adventure!

Nice to see you in some pics with your cutie!

Just subbing. I love your trip report, and I can't wait to take my two little girls to disney for the first time.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. I hope to have another installment up later tonite. Still trying to have the whole thing completed by the weekend as I am anxious to reveal my "surprise" at the end!

This TR is fabulous, I love hearing about your mother-daughter adventures! My mom and I have been doing special trips since I was a little girl, and we are still enjoying them now that I am in college. What a special gift for the two of you. The pictures are beautiful, I can't wait for the next chapter.

Thank You!

DAY 4 - LITTLE ONES EXTRA MAGIC HOUR AT MAGIC KINGDOM

If you have been reading along thus far you will have definitely spotted a trend of early mornings and late nights, with next to no rests or afternoon breaks. On this front, I broke all of Tour Guide Mike's cardinal rules, as well as all common sense when it comes to travelling with a 4 year old.

However, for whatever reason, the early mornings, long days, hot sun, and late nights simply did not seem to bother DD on this trip.

Now that is not to say that she did not ever become cranky or tired at certain parts of the trip. However, she also became cranky and tired at points during our May Trip when we followed a basic 8-9am until about 2-3pm touring plan in the Parks with no evening return visits.

In fact, it seemed to me that DD had far more fun on our jam packed September Trip. Perhaps it was because the Trip was solely focused on her (well, her and my need for pictures!). Perhaps it was because she had my sole and undivided attention 24-7 for 5 straight days. Whatever the reason, she handled herself like a trooper on this Trip and showed me that it is possible to train your children to be Park Commandos at the Tender Age of 4!

When we received our Mickey Wake-Up Call on Day 4 at 6:20am it was somewhat bittersweet. As with every morning waking up at Disney, I was immediately excited for the day ahead. However, I was also a bit panicked as it started to hit me that this would be our last full day and evening before we would leave to come home the next day. Of course that was not something I wanted to dwell on so I pushed it aside and instead focused all of my attention of having another fantastic day.

Once again we got ready quickly and left the room shortly after 7am. We took another glorious walk over the Bridge at CBR to the Food Court and had a quick bite to eat for Breakfast. Then on to the Bus Stop for our Second Day of the Little Ones' Extra Magic Hour at the Magic Kingdom.

Surprisingly, we were the only ones waiting to get on the Bus that morning for the Magic Kingdom. So we had the whole Bus to ourselves!

As mentioned before, we had excellent Bus Service the whole Trip from CBR. I think our wait time most mornings ranged from a minimum of 2 minutes to a maximum of 8-10 minutes. And I don't think we shared the bus with more than 10 people on any of our early morning rides. I have heard people complaining that the Buses are packed in the mornings - this was not our experience. But then again, we are Early Birds and tended to arrive each morning at whatever Park we were doing for Rope Drop.

We made perfect time, arriving at the Magic Kingdom about 7:50am. Although we had now arrived at the Magic Kingdom before 8am on 3 of our 4 trip days (twice for the Little Ones Extra Magic Hours and once for our 8:05am reservation at CRT), we had not yet seen the Park Opening Train Show. Everyday we were here we had been inside the Park for an hour before the Show started! Oh well, I like having things to see for the first time on a return trip!

Once again when we arrived we waited in line until they opened the turnstiles. Then we grabbed our stroller, made our way up Main Street, through the Castle and into Fantasyland for the Little Ones Extra Magic Hour.

Today DD was wearing her Cinderella outfit that she had worn for only an hour or two the previous morning to have Breakfast with Cinderella. Here she is with the harsh morning sun directly in her face posing for crazy Mommy:

image749.jpg

image751.jpg

This time when we arrived in Fantasyland for the games, DD was a bit more seasoned as she knew what to expect and what games they were playing. She was therefore less apprehensive about joining in on all the fun right away. Once again, I got some great photos of her with the characters:

IMG_8138.jpg

IMG_8137.jpg

IMG_8136.jpg

IMG_8135.jpg

IMG_8133.jpg

IMG_8141.jpg

Does she look like she's having FUN here????

IMG_8140.jpg

After she played a few games, once again DD made a beeline for Cinderella's Golden Carousel. This is definitely her favourite ride in all of Fantasyland - probably because it has horses. Sometimes the most subtle, simple rides are the best!

IMG_8149.jpg

IMG_8147.jpg

After the Carousel we decided to do all of the rides we didn't quite fit in the day before including Snow White, Peter Pan, It's A Small World and Winnie the Pooh.

We also caught a viewing of Mickey's PhilharMagic - Boy, we love that show!!!

At this point it was close to 9:20am and we started to make our way out of the Park to head over to the Grand Floridian for our Princess Tea Party.

On the way out of the Magic Kingdom we stopped to do a little photo session at the PhotoShop on Main Street:

image765-1.jpg

image766-1.jpg

image767-1.jpg

With that, we gathered up our stuff and made for the exit, trying not to think about the fact that when we crossed through those gates, we would not be returning again for a very long time!

One of the last things that we noticed just before walking through the exit at the Train Station was a street vendor. We both immediately had the same thought - POPCORN!!! DD & I are both HUGE popcorn lovers so that really cheered us up as we made our way out of the Magic Kingdom and over to the Boat Station for our ride across the lagoon to the Grand Floridian.

IMG_8155.jpg

IMG_8154.jpg

UP NEXT: PRINCESS TEA PARTY AT THE GRAND FLORIDIAN!!!

Loved your recent updates - more great Disney magic and wonderful pictures! We've never been to Crystal Palace - looks like a great place. I just love Spectromagic also - a definate favorite. :love: (Your Spectro pics came out much better than mine!)

Isn't the Disney Depression on the last day the worst?? Glad to see you were able to forget about it and enjoy your day.

Can't wait to hear about the tea party! :)

I am loving your TR!!! I would LOVE to do a mommy daughter trip with my DD4....maybe I can convince DH....lol He is just as big of a Disney nut as I am...lol Can't wait for the rest!!

Wow - your DD is a cutie! I love the pic of her in your siggy!

I am loving your TR!!! I would LOVE to do a mommy daughter trip with my DD4....maybe I can convince DH....lol He is just as big of a Disney nut as I am...lol Can't wait for the rest!!

great update and pics. EMH looks like fun there.

I so cannot wait for the princess tea party. I told DH that when we got DD2 will be 4 and we are definately doing that. Of course my two sons will be 10 and 8 at the time so they can do something with dad. Cute pictures even though the sun was in her eyes.

wait, am I miss something? I have been reading this TR since almost day one and I'm confused.

What is little ones EMH??? Is that different than AM EMH or is that just a fancy name for it? Do you have to be a certain age to go to this?? If so that is new to me!! I can't believe all those characters just walk around.

My dad commented on our trip in May that the characters just dont roam outside like they used to when I was little. You very rarely see them just hanging outside, they are always in a specific location which is great to know where to locate them but I did notice that too that they are never just hanging outside.

Little Ones EMH is marketed toward pre-schoolers and is only in Sept. and Oct. for hurricane season.

wait, am I miss something? I have been reading this TR since almost day one and I'm confused.

What is little ones EMH??? Is that different than AM EMH or is that just a fancy name for it? Do you have to be a certain age to go to this?? If so that is new to me!! I can't believe all those characters just walk around.

My dad commented on our trip in May that the characters just dont roam outside like they used to when I was little. You very rarely see them just hanging outside, they are always in a specific location which is great to know where to locate them but I did notice that too that they are never just hanging outside.

I cannot tell you how much I am enjoying your TR! My DD is 2.5 and hasn't been to WDW yet. I'm so very much looking forward to a Mommy and Me trip with her in a few more years! I know Daddy will want to come on the first one, but after that she's all mine!

Your DD is adorable, and her clothes are to die for! I would love a few outfits to take on our cruise in a few weeks, but I think I dropped the ball and waited too long, shoot. You are more than welcome to sell all of yours to me when your DD outgrows them!

Looking forward to the next installment!

I can not wait to see how the tea went...this is something that I want to do with DD when we go down in 2 years....but I was scared she would be to young.

I can't wait to read about the tea party. We're doing that on March 7th and I'm so excited! Someone is working on an amazing Aurora custom set for my daughter to wear.

BTW, what did you wear to the tea? I'm trying to figure out how the adults dress.

I was 4 on my first WDW trip too! And I completely remember it!

It was the one and only time I have ever stayed on Property before we returned to CBR on this Trip.

As I have so many memories of inside the Poly, and was only there one time when I was 4, I knew before we left that DD will also have memories to last a lifetime from this Trip! Plus, I captured way more photos of this Trip than my parents did from our Poly Trip in 1977. I think photos will help her to keep bringing the memories back.

Great Trip Report! Your little PRINCESS is a doll! I think 4 is just the prefect age to enjoy the parks! That was how old I was on my first trip and at 31 I can still remember it!

Dana

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter