Mom/Daughter Trip to MK & Wonder Cruise 3/12/09: TR starts on page 4

Leaving from the Wonder::guilty::sad:

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn102/***********/DISNEYCRUISEALL690.jpg

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn102/***********/DISNEYCRUISEALL691.jpg

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn102/***********/DISNEYCRUISEALL692.jpg

A few thoughts:

Staterooms: We really loved our room. It was a cat 12, upgraded to cat 11.
We don't really need balconies, windows, etc because we're
hardly ever in the room anyway. We've been on Carnival and
Royal Caribbean, and I have to say I like the DCL room better.
It just felt more "homey" with the couch & table and
the "bedroom" blocked off with the curtain.

Food: This is the only area where I felt Carnival was better.
I liked the food, but it wasn't as great as I thought it
would be.

Dining rooms: We really loved this part of the cruise, especially
Animator's Palate.

Shows: The best shows ever! I don't think any other cruise line
could compare!!!

Safety: On our previous cruises, I would not let DD go anywhere
by herself or stay in the room by herself. I know, I'm
really over protective. On the DCL I gave her lots of
freedom and I felt safe letting her spend some time
doing things separately.

I like reading your thoughts on the overall cruise! Very interesting that you liked Carnival's food better. I've never cruised on any line other than DCL, but I will be honest in saying that there were a couple of times on our cruises that I didn't think so highly of the food either.

I'm glad that you felt safe with the DD. I'm sure you're not as over-protective as you think-just a good mother who cares about her child!!

Do you think y'all will ever cruise again?

I like reading your thoughts on the overall cruise! Very interesting that you liked Carnival's food better. I've never cruised on any line other than DCL, but I will be honest in saying that there were a couple of times on our cruises that I didn't think so highly of the food either.

I'm glad that you felt safe with the DD. I'm sure you're not as over-protective as you think-just a good mother who cares about her child!!

Do you think y'all will ever cruise again?

Thanks! We are definately going to be looking for the 2011 dates to come out for our next Disney Cruise for my DD's 16th birthday! She really wants to go & celebrate on the DCL.

Another thought:

Check your bill daily!! I had a couple of issues with my bill.

1. At Animator's Palate, which was Pirate's night, the servers were offering milkshakes in a collector's cup for the kids. Our server offered, and of course, I asked how much it would be. He said no charge, and offered me one too. I wouldn't have actually paid for those, considering I could go to the ice cream station and make my own if I wanted one. So anyway, the 2nd day, I checked on my bill, and there it was, I was charged $13 and change for them.
I went to the purser's desk and explained the situation. The supervisor wasn't in, but she said they would fix it and call & leave me a message on the stateroom phone. Next day, no message. So I went back to the desk, still no help, she said she will call. So the morning of departure, the final bill showed the charge removed, but no one ever called me.

2. At Castaway Cay, they had a BOGOF drink special. I went to the bar & asked if it included non-alcoholic drinks. He said yes, so I got me & DD a drink.
On that final bill, I was charged for both. I was too aggravated by the first issue, that I didn't even bother.

I know most people would probably not even bother with it, but to me, it's the principle. I don't like to be over charged or mislead.

Another thought:

Check your bill daily!! I had a couple of issues with my bill.

1. At Animator's Palate, which was Pirate's night, the servers were offering milkshakes in a collector's cup for the kids. Our server offered, and of course, I asked how much it would be. He said no charge, and offered me one too. I wouldn't have actually paid for those, considering I could go to the ice cream station and make my own if I wanted one. So anyway, the 2nd day, I checked on my bill, and there it was, I was charged $13 and change for them.
I went to the purser's desk and explained the situation. The supervisor wasn't in, but she said they would fix it and call & leave me a message on the stateroom phone. Next day, no message. So I went back to the desk, still no help, she said she will call. So the morning of departure, the final bill showed the charge removed, but no one ever called me.

2. At Castaway Cay, they had a BOGOF drink special. I went to the bar & asked if it included non-alcoholic drinks. He said yes, so I got me & DD a drink.
On that final bill, I was charged for both. I was too aggravated by the first issue, that I didn't even bother.

I know most people would probably not even bother with it, but to me, it's the principle. I don't like to be over charged or mislead.

Do they issue a receipt everytime you order a drink from the bar or in the dining rooms?

Do they issue a receipt everytime you order a drink from the bar or in the dining rooms?

Yes, they do. That's why it surprised me about the milkshakes being on the bill, because I never signed anything for them, just a verbal "yes, I'll take it".

As far as Castaway Cay, I did sign a receipt but didn't really pay attention to how the BOGOF was broken down or written on there.

I'll pay closer attention next time. I usually just signed away, thinking I wouldn't have to worry about it.

It wasn't even a big deal, but I will definately pay more attention next time: Lesson Learned!

Gotcha, thanks! Also I really enjoyed your trip report and all the pictures. We are taking our first Disney cruise this Oct/Nov 09 and I'm even more excited about it after reading all the reports. My kids will be 6 and 8 and we're surprising them so I can't wait!! I hope you and your daughter have another opportunity to cruise. Looks like you had a blast!

Looks like you had a blast!

We did. Best trip ever!

I think with us being alone made it so much more special and fun than any other trips we've done. It's usually with friends or family that we travel with, but I really enjoy these one on one Mom/Daughter trips. With the hectic and stressful single parent life, it's really refreshing to our relationship to do these things together.

I wanted to share an update with all you that have joined in on my trip report. My DD wanted a DCL birthday cae, so I had this made for her.

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn102/***********/Marissas14thBirthday019.jpg

Also, this was one of her early birthday gifts:

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn102/***********/Pookie018.jpg

Wow, that cake is AMAZING!!!!!! :worship: I bet she had a wonderful birthday! And the puppy is sooooo cute!!
Glad to hear from you!!

Just an update for anyone that followed me on my TR.

Just booked our next cruise on the Disney Dream to celebrate my DD's 16th birthday!!
:cool1:

That was the first thing she said when we were on the way back from our cruise last year, that she wanted to go back to celebrate her 16th B-Day!

We also have a Disney World/Sea World trip planned for Spring Break, but still working on the plans.

Thanks for your TR. I loved looking at all of your pics. In my opinion , you could NEVER have too many pics of A. your children and B. a Disney vacation!

:goodvibes

Thanks for your TR. I loved looking at all of your pics. In my opinion , you could NEVER have too many pics of A. your children and B. a Disney vacation!

:goodvibes

Thanks for reading my TR!! I am still working on my other one from our Spring Break trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!