Moderate Resorts

Buzz2001 said:
CSR has terrific transportation. It does not share with any other resort (like POR / POFQ) and it only has 4 bus stops within the resort (vs 8 at CBR). And since CSR is centrally located, you'll have a quick ride to all the parks.
This is why I would choose CSR. I had a terrible experience with the shared buses at POFQ/POR with my kids and a stroller. CSR rocks!!

I've stayed at all the mods. and here is my order of preference with 1 being my favorite.

1) PO FQ

2) PO RS

3) CS

4) CB

They all offer something different but I like the combination of good pool, boat to DTD, and beautiful surroundings of PO FQ.

johnny

thanks everyone, i think we decided on csr!!!!

I think alot depends on your personal preference. We decided on a Moderate and chose PO Riverside, based on a few things:

I stayed at CBR, and while I loved the room and thought the resort was beautiful, it was a bit too large for my taste, and the farhest rooms from the central area, are quite a walk away.

Coronado, I've never stayed at, but have driven through, and it just didn't appeal to our taste. Plus, I don't like the idea of it being a convention resort.

So, it came down to Port Orleans. And we figured, we can't go wrong with either since they are sister resorts, so close to each other, and share amenities.

According to readers of the Unofficial Guide, Port Orleans has the highest rated pool of the Mods. It's the only Mod that has the boat to Downtown Disney. It's the closest Mod to the Magic Kingdom and Downtown Disney. In all, there are 7 pools at the resort. There's a full service restaurant, 2 food courts, 2 indoor lounges, and 2 pool bars.

I also look at the 2 resorts as a good thing when it comes to buses. At times, the resorts share buses, and at busier times, they each have their own bus, meaning at the end of the day when you wanna get back to your resort, you have the choice of either resort bus to get back.

Andrea said:
thanks everyone, i think we decided on csr!!!!
:thumbsup2 Great choice, and it's close to the parks you want to see. Have Fun :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter