Moderate Resorts

Andrea

DIS Veteran<br><font color=<009977>I couldnt decid
:cool1: just a questions of the Moderate Resorts which one do you like better and why ?

my hubby and i are staying at the wilderness lodge but my best friend and her hubby is coming also and they can only stay at a Moderate resort. they have no children.

So which hotels ?

We love CBR -- white sand beaches, hammocks and beach chairs, the pools, the food court and gift shops, the boat rentals on the resort's own 45-acre lake, the Promenade walkway around the lake -- it's a vacation within our vacation!

We love CSR. The pool is awesome and the waterslide is the best! It also has the white sandy beaches w/ the hammocks over in the cabana section. It is situated on a beautiful lake. The food court either you love it or hate it. I personally loved the Pepper Market. We also ate at Maya Grill and it was great. It's such a lovely romantic feel especially at night. We could even see just a hint of the fireworks from Epcot. We were on the hammocks and DH noticed the fireworks, it wasn't the greatest visual but it was nice. The transportation was also wonderful. One of the bus drivers had pulled up and we were the only family at bus stop 1 heading over to AK to catch the bus to AKL for ressies at Boma, well he carried us over to AKL! I thought that was a great touch of pixie dust! Good luck in deciding.

CSR is a large resort that does not share services with other resorts and offers some deluxe amenities because it is a convention resort.

CSR has a salon, spa, and a gym that other moderates do not offer. CSR has full menu room service and offers an internal shuttle system provided by golf carts to assist in getting to and from the main building to the villages.

It is also the only mod to offer suites.

CSR is situated around a 15 acre lake and CBR is situated around a 45 acre lake.

CSR has terrific transportation. It does not share with any other resort (like POR / POFQ) and it only has 4 bus stops within the resort (vs 8 at CBR). And since CSR is centrally located, you'll have a quick ride to all the parks.

And being a convention resort, the buses seem less crowded because guests are busy with their conventions.

eim9ut.jpg

Photo by Ducky4Disney

ehybeg.jpg

ea5ytc.jpg

ea5z7l.jpg

fod6wm.jpg

fod75f.jpg

fod8n4.jpg

CSR has the best pool of the mods and probably the second best on WDW property. Best mod pool. It offers a great slide (123 ft long), an arcade, a sand volleyball court, and a playground at the main pool area.

eaqyk9.jpg

o54511.jpg

c73cd4e144.jpg

Review from mousesavers.com!!

Coronado Springs is my Best Value choice in the Moderate category. It has several advantages compared with the other Moderate resorts. It is newer, so there has been less wear-and-tear on everything. Also, Coronado Springs is a convention hotel, so it has a few extra amenities not offered at the other Moderates, including a salon, a health club and a more upscale food court.

The theming is radically different in the three areas of Coronado Springs. You can request a specific area when booking but there is no guarantee you'll get your request.
  • The Spanish-style Casitas at Coronado Springs are very peaceful, with courtyards featuring tiled fountains. Casitas Buildings 1, 3 and 2 (in that order) are the closest to the restaurants and services. Casitas Building 4 contains the salon and health club, if those are important to you.
  • The Cabanas at Coronado Springs have a beachy Caribbean feeling. Cabanas Building 8A is very close to the feature pool, which may be a blessing (convenience) or a curse (noise, light). Cabanas Building 9B is closest to the marina and relatively convenient to the restaurants and services.
  • The Ranchos at Coronado Springs feel quiet and secluded -- some would say isolated -- and feature desert landscaping and pueblo-style architecture. They look closest to the main pool on a map, but in actuality they are separated from the rest of the property by a swamp, so it can be a fairly long walk from these buildings to the pool, and a very long walk to the restaurants.

I have stayed at all of the Mod's with the exception of Coronado Springs Resort (CSR). It just always seemed to be too far out of the way. My favorite is Port Orleans Riverside (POR) or Dixie Landings as I still sometimes call it. The rooms a very nice, there are muliple pools and it is not as spread out as the other Mod's.

Have a magical time!
Animator13

Port Orleans Riverside. Its beautiful and quiet. The bus transportation is not a problem as long as you get on the bus at the SOUTH DEPOT near the food court. Everything is nice and clean, the staff is helpful and the food court is one of the better courts.

Your friends would fall in love with this place if they saw it. Pictures don't do it justice. If they choose POR, ask for Alligator bayou.

what about Caribbean Beach Resort ?

Andrea said:
what about Caribbean Beach Resort ?

Andrea,
Caribbean Beach Resort is also referred to as CBR.
Both safteymom and catbertdave99 recommended CBR. safetymom has some very nice photos of Caribbean Beach Resort on her link.
Be sure to take a lokk at them.

Have fun at Disney!

CSR! Stayed a week this last October, just the DH and I and it was wonderful! But then we stay at the CSR alot and it has always been wonderful. Where ever you decide to stay have a great time!

Manda's Mom

POR (alligator Alley) or CSR are beautiful. I am not really a fan of CBR. I do like the boat to Downtown Disney at POR. It's a nice trip and it makes getting around super easy and one of the most restful parts of our vacation.

We have only stayed at POR so I really cannot compare it to anything else but we love staying there.

I have stayed at all the mods and the one I liked the best was CSR, the second best was POFQ. I haven't been to CSR since 1998, but really liked it then. Went to POFQ last Sept. and really enjoyed it too.

I think the Pepper Market was really nice, I love the spanish style. I have been to Mexico and it was just like being there.

If we go this fall with the new dinning plan out we will be going to CSR I think.

thank you everyone,

we are doing epcot, ak, and mgm. So they all seem pretty close

Coronado Springs. It is the only one that I am dying to stay at.

Andrea said:
thank you everyone,

we are doing epcot, ak, and mgm. So they all seem pretty close
CSR is the most central to the 3 parks you mentioned. See the map below.

csrmap0kn.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter