Moana and More AAPI Month Exercise Challenge (May 2022)

Been out of town the last week. Didn't get much actual exercise in (not counting all those steps through the airport!).

But I did manage to get in 20 min of swimming and 32 min of a walk on the beach. Plus a 15 min walk tonight puts me at 408/500. I'm definitely going to surpass that by end of the month but I'm going to leave my goal as is.

Congratulations on all the color changes! You're all really putting in the work. Super excited to see Piglet1979 showing up and immediately hitting pink! Great job! PollyannaMom moved up to orange, with BethisLucy almost ready to make the switch. We've also got a trio of gold - Elizabeth Smith, ColoradoLime, and Sophy1996 all made it there this time! Annnnd I hit green, go me!

I mentioned her when we talked about Star Wars, now I want to talk about her big role in Raya and the Last Dragon. That's Vietnamese American actress, Kelly Marie Tran.
Kelly_Marie_Tran_on_MTV_International.jpg

Tran is considered the first Asian-American woman to have a major role in Star Wars, but the fans were cruel to her. A ground breaking actress who worked hard on her role, she was maligned on social media and in fandom communities.

She was brought into Raya and the Last Dragon to replace another actress, taking over the role was stressful, but we can all agree she did a great job. When the movie debut it topped the box office for 3 weeks! It went on to become the 3rd most streamed movie of 2021!

What I love about Kelly's story is that she was knocked down but got back up and did the hard work to succeed. Thanks to that she'll always be a Disney Princess. :)

I really cannot fathom why people were so nasty about Kelly Marie Tran? She seemed to fit her role in the Star Wars movies just fine, even if the movies themselves were kind of so-so. (To be fair, I am by no means a SW fan).

Adding 45 minutes from a walk in the park.
660/800

Congratulations on all the color changes! You're all really putting in the work. Super excited to see Piglet1979 showing up and immediately hitting pink! Great job! PollyannaMom moved up to orange, with BethisLucy almost ready to make the switch. We've also got a trio of gold - Elizabeth Smith, ColoradoLime, and Sophy1996 all made it there this time! Annnnd I hit green, go me!

I mentioned her when we talked about Star Wars, now I want to talk about her big role in Raya and the Last Dragon. That's Vietnamese American actress, Kelly Marie Tran.
Kelly_Marie_Tran_on_MTV_International.jpg

Tran is considered the first Asian-American woman to have a major role in Star Wars, but the fans were cruel to her. A ground breaking actress who worked hard on her role, she was maligned on social media and in fandom communities.

She was brought into Raya and the Last Dragon to replace another actress, taking over the role was stressful, but we can all agree she did a great job. When the movie debut it topped the box office for 3 weeks! It went on to become the 3rd most streamed movie of 2021!

What I love about Kelly's story is that she was knocked down but got back up and did the hard work to succeed. Thanks to that she'll always be a Disney Princess. :)
I loved her in SW but didn't even realize she voiced Raya! Makes me appreciate Raya and the Last Dragon even more.

Good morning, reporting in with 31 minutes - I was out of commission with food poisoning for a couple of days there. It's amazing how fast you can go from feeling fine to struggling to move.

481/480
Totally agree!!!! I've been down and out this week due to a staph infection I brought home from the beach. The antibiotic prescribed turned out to the be the 5th class of antibiotics I'm now allergic to. Not sure what I'm going to do. The future is not looking good for me and bacterial infections. Will be seeing a dermatologist next since it's so far only on the skin but am putting it off until after this weekend because my daughter and I are having a special mother daughter getaway for part of her graduation present. I don't want another allergic reaction to yet another antibiotic to derail the weekend. Am feeling kind of scared and very down about the whole antibiotic allergy thing.

I took off Wednesday and Thursday last week because I was not feeling great, but got 40 minutes on Friday and Saturday, taking walks.

530/800

I also took off Sunday and I don't know if I'm going to manage any exercise today, since it's my wedding anniversary, so hopefully I'll be pretty disciplined for the rest of the week!
Happy belated anniversary! Hope you two had a lovely day!

Just a quick check-in from Star Wars Celebration. We were surprised and delighted on Thursday to be treated to the red-carpet world premiere of Obi-Wan Kenobi, the new series on Disney+. The stars were there, as was the director, Deborah Chow. Chow is a Canadian with Chinese heritage through her father. She directed a couple episodes of The Mandalorian and is the sole director for Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Today’s main panel was on The Mandalorian and related projects. When introduced, Temuera Morrison, mentioned earlier this month, performed what I assume was a Māori-inspired entrance (not my video, though I was there!). (By the way, Morrison seems to be having a blast here. He kept filming the audience with his phone while he was up on stage.). The audience also was introduced to Natasha Liu Bordizzo, an Australian with Chinese heritage through her mother, who is playing Sabine Wren in the just-barely-started-filming live action Ahsoka show.

ETA: Kelly Marie Tran was one of the few celebrity guests to sell out of photo/autograph opportunities here at Celebration. That puts her up there with Ewan McGregor!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!