Moana and More AAPI Month Exercise Challenge (May 2022)

We were at DL park for 7 hours last night for Star Wars Nite. I think we circled the park at least 4 times in the pursuit of special foods, special events, characters, and photo opportunities. They finally kicked us all out at 1 am (the first time I’ve made it all the way to park closing in awhile!).

I’ll count 2 hours like I usually do for park days. Plus some additional minutes from today.

1335/1400

Happy Last day of the month everyone! I'll be back later tonight to get all the final numbers in. Is anyone interested in hosting next month?

My numbers from the weekend - 34 minutes & 45 minutes - and one day spent in the ER that should count as a million. Don't understand why holiday weekends always bring up little health emergencies. Everyone is fine now that it's back to normal of course. :faint:

560/480

Did a 10k yesterday - 2 hour, 26 min. Whew! Took a long time as the course has a lot of fun side things to do in addition to the actual race course so there was some fun exercise stops mixed into the grueling race miles!

Now at 554/500! I likely won't be doing anything tonight so that's it for the month.

1064/1800 through the weekend. Todays won't matter much :/ Oh well there is always next month.

I didn't quite make it either. Some stuff popped up this month that just really got in the way, but I like your "there is always next month" attitude and will try again as well. ::yes::

75 minutes since my last post
final total: 525/600

:thanks: @Raya and @sophy1996!

We made it home today! Adding 60 final minutes to end at 1565/1400.

Did a 10k yesterday - 2 hour, 26 min. Whew! Took a long time as the course has a lot of fun side things to do in addition to the actual race course so there was some fun exercise stops mixed into the grueling race miles!

Based on your user name and the description of the race, I'm guessing the BolderBoulder? My DH did that a few years ago and enjoyed it.

For my last post of the month, I'm going to turn serious.

It's belated, but in honor of Memorial Day, here is an article about Nisei (first generation Japanese-Americans) who enlisted in the armed forces in World War II. Many fought to be allowed to serve, as initially Japanese-Americans were declared ineligible for the draft; some went into the service directly from internment camps where they and their families were imprisoned. (Later Japanese-American men were declared draft-eligible, even though they were imprisoned in internment camps as enemy aliens.) About 33,000 served, and about 800 died. There is a Japanese American Memorial to Patriotism During World War II in Washington, D.C.

And finally, during the pandemic, there sadly has been a rise in anti-Asian violence in the United States. Last year during Asian, Pacific Islander, and Native Hawaiian month, the Walt Disney Company produced "A Message from Our Asian American Colleagues" in which employees of Asian heritage reflected on their families' and their own experiences in their former countries and in the United States.

Thanks for hanging out this month! It was a good one.

OK, so not my last post after all. Here are some tidbits I didn't get a chance to post during the month:

8 Movies to Watch on Disney+ to Celebrate AAPI Heritage Month

30 Great Movies to Watch During AAPI Heritage Month and Beyond

Bao is an Adorable Pixar Short that Every Mother Needs to Watch [Bao was directed by Domee Shi, who we discussed in connection with Turning Red]

And a few more Disney Parks Blog features:
Fantasyland Retail Stage Manager (whose grandfather is one of those Japanese-Americans who served in WWII)
Lucasfilm Senior Product Design Manager
Discovery Island Drummer at AK

Good morning everyone! Here are the final numbers - except for Piglet, hoping she checks in soon. :)

Raya 560/480 - 116%
Sophy1996 1565/1400 - 112%

PollyannaMom 525/600 - 88%
Elizabeth Smith 820/800 - 103%
ColoradoLime 554/500 - 110%

Bethislucy 1146/1800 - 64%
Piglet1979 388/930 - 42%
Twilight Sparkle 1730/1860 - 93%

Congratulations to all of us for getting in so many minutes! As a whole our team got the GOLD and made it to 87%. As one of our wise members said, there's always next month - which gives us a new chance to reach our goals!

Did we have anyone volunteer for June? I'm wondering if we could do some sort of "Jump in June" where everyone keeps their own numbers and folks 'jump in' to host with whatever they'd like.

Did we have anyone volunteer for June? I'm wondering if we could do some sort of "Jump in June" where everyone keeps their own numbers and folks 'jump in' to host with whatever they'd like.
That sounds like a great plan, since June is notoriously busy for a lot of us!

Sorry I'm late with my final numbers.

360 more minutes to add - horses, walking, and obe strength class

2090/1860

Thanks for hosting, Raya and Sophy1996!

For my last post of the month, I'm going to turn serious.

It's belated, but in honor of Memorial Day, here is an article about Nisei (first generation Japanese-Americans) who enlisted in the armed forces in World War II. Many fought to be allowed to serve, as initially Japanese-Americans were declared ineligible for the draft; some went into the service directly from internment camps where they and their families were imprisoned. (Later Japanese-American men were declared draft-eligible, even though they were imprisoned in internment camps as enemy aliens.) About 33,000 served, and about 800 died. There is a Japanese American Memorial to Patriotism During World War II in Washington, D.C.

And finally, during the pandemic, there sadly has been a rise in anti-Asian violence in the United States. Last year during Asian, Pacific Islander, and Native Hawaiian month, the Walt Disney Company produced "A Message from Our Asian American Colleagues" in which employees of Asian heritage reflected on their families' and their own experiences in their former countries and in the United States.

Thanks for hanging out this month! It was a good one.
The sad face is for the rise in anti-Asian violence lately. It's one more thing to worry about as my daughter steps into adulthood.

I appreciate the effort you and Raya put into this past month. The subject matter is near and dear to my heart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter