Moana and More AAPI Month Exercise Challenge (May 2022)

Popping in real quick to post my runs. Will be back to do maths later. Got up Wednesday morning, and pushed myself out of bed this morning. Spent 4 hours on the phone getting MNSSHP tickets yesterday - didn't get them until after 10pm! It was worth a late start this morning. Wednesday - 37 minutes, today - 31 minutes.

248/480

Color updates! Congrats to our newly pink people - Elizabeth Smith and BethisLucy! Our whole team moved up to pink as well. Meanwhile, my early mornings have gotten me to orange, with Sophy1996 right at my heels. I'm wondering when TwilightSparkle is going to show up and blow us all away.

One of the coolest AAPI celebrations at Disney is the Lunar New Year Festival at Disneyland. I've always dreamed of going to this event, where the characters are all in their festival red costumes:
122-lunar-new-year-disney-california-adventure-mickey-minnie-768x550.jpg

here's Tigger:
122-lunar-new-year-disney-california-adventure-tigger-meet-768x960.jpg

There's Mulan's special parade, and performances:
2020-disneyland-dca-california-adventure-lunar-new-year-mulans-lunar-new-year-procession-1.jpg

It's on my trip schedule for Feb 2022, I'll keep my fingers crossed that I actually make it out there to celebrate!

290 since last check in - horses, walking, walk/jog, squat challenge, obe

835/1860

Has anyone seen ljcrochet around the boards? I'm worried about her. We haven't seen her here in our group in awhile. I sent a pm, but no reply.

With folks starting to turn Rajah Orange, let's take a look at the Maharajah Jungle Trek at Animal Kingdom, home to WDW's tigers.

The Asia section of Animal Kingdom is set in the fictional kingdom of Anandapur. The Jungle Trek takes you through magnificent ruins of the rajahs' hunting palace--be sure to look for the murals depicting long-ago tiger hunts. Fortunately, the tigers survived the hunts and now rule the ruins. The Jungle Trek also features many other Asian animals, including komodo dragons, bats, and a fascinating aviary.

Here's an article from WDW Magazine listing 5 Wild Facts about the Jungle Trek.

There are six living subspecies of tigers--how many can you name?

Amur (Siberian)
Bengal
Indochinese
Malayan
South China
Sumatran

Last edited:
Now at 341/500
I did a Chase The Moon 5k last night and the eclipse was awesome. Got the great shot below right as it was starting.

I have a 10K coming up on Memorial Day (forgot about it when I set my monthly goal). That alone would put me over my goal. And I’ll be doing a few more long walks before then. I’m wondering if I should change my goal? Have to think about that.

IMG_7611.jpeg

Posting my numbers, then back for maths later today - spoiler, I'm going post about an actress who's been in Star Wars, the Marvel-movie 'verse, and major Disney films both animated and live action. Any guesses?

60 minutes Saturday - Gym workout with new trainer, we didn't do the work I wanted to do (lifting) but I was crazy sore afterwards so I guess that's okay.
35 minutes "running" on Sunday. My quads were a disaster so this was more like a glorified hobble than a run.
30 minutes today - "running" still has to be in quotes. My legs are about 90% recovered. Guess the gym kicked my butt more than I thought.

373/480 - 77% :o

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter