MNSSHP replaced by After Hours Event "Boo Bash"

For those hoping for low capacity, think again as apparently Disney has added more tickets to days that were previously sold out.

so disneyland is getting halloween times and oogy boogy bash as if nothing happened and we get this boo bash? really? this is getting rediculous. WDW is getting treated like the evil stepsister and we are the ones who produce most of the revenue in the parks division. we need to get a nighttime parade and new castle show at least for the 50th and bring back character meet and greets since cast members should be vaccinated by now.

so disneyland is getting halloween times and oogy boogy bash as if nothing happened and we get this boo bash? really? this is getting rediculous. WDW is getting treated like the evil stepsister and we are the ones who produce most of the revenue in the parks division. we need to get a nighttime parade and new castle show at least for the 50th and bring back character meet and greets since cast members should be vaccinated by now.
It’s why we’re headed west in October rather than to WDW. It would appear DLR knows how to re-open.

the excuse they are giving isthat they don't want to take away from thee 50th however the 50th is supposed to run until april of 2023 so that is now two holiday seasons that we will be cheated out of that of course then gives them an excuse to not bring things back. so far they haven't announced the story tellers or candelight processional yet universal is having everything back for the holidays this year and their parade is back as well. disney needs to get their act together and stop trying to do things on the cheap because it makes the brand look bad.

the excuse they are giving isthat they don't want to take away from thee 50th however the 50th is supposed to run until april of 2023 so that is now two holiday seasons that we will be cheated out of that of course then gives them an excuse to not bring things back. so far they haven't announced the story tellers or candelight processional yet universal is having everything back for the holidays this year and their parade is back as well. disney needs to get their act together and stop trying to do things on the cheap because it makes the brand look bad.
It's the Chapek way.

the excuse they are giving isthat they don't want to take away from thee 50th

I don't believe Disney has said that. As far as I know, that's just a theory being tossed around and one I don't believe for a second. They're doing these because they're cheaper and they can charge more. In their defense it does take time to plan these and as far as they've been behind in getting up to speed, I'm sure these were planned very late in the game.

Does anyone happen to know if tickets are transferrable for events? And, if so, where people usually list them for sale? I saw one on eBay, but the wrong date. I surprised my best friend with a trip down to see her and we are short one ticket for 10/8. I never imagined it'd sell out this fast.

I don't believe Disney has said that. As far as I know, that's just a theory being tossed around and one I don't believe for a second. They're doing these because they're cheaper and they can charge more. In their defense it does take time to plan these and as far as they've been behind in getting up to speed, I'm sure these were planned very late in the game.
that comes from Josh himself. it's not a rumor they said that they didn't want to take away from the 50th and thatis also why the castle lights won't be back.

that comes from Josh himself. it's not a rumor they said that they didn't want to take away from the 50th and thatis also why the castle lights won't be back.
Do you have the link to the quote? I hadn't heard this before and would like to read what he had to say. Thanks. I can understand replacing the castle lights with another look, not sure how a Halloween party interferes with the anniversary celebration though.

Do you have the link to the quote? I hadn't heard this before and would like to read what he had to say. Thanks. I can understand replacing the castle lights with another look, not sure how a Halloween party interferes with the anniversary celebration though.
this was reported on one of the dis shows. and frankly to me it's an excuse. they wanted to do something and they decided quickly that this would be a great idea. and people wonder why they can't get into universal these days. disney needs to get back to meet and greets and they need a nightly parade. keep the cavalcades but update everything else. no wonder iger and chapek aren't getting along

Because ya gotta make something up to cover yourself!

I also remember reading this as well about the fireworks show. The castle lights, I feel, is purely being cheap.

I personally like after hours events. But they only make sense if the capacity is limited. Being in the parks with low crowds is the major selling point to me. If Disney starts over selling the after hours events then it would kind of kill the purpose. I hope Villains after hours come back!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter