MNSSHP replaced by After Hours Event "Boo Bash"

What is the difference? No parade or fireworks but will everything else be the same?

The fact that they are calling this something different is making me hopeful that this is a just this year kind of thing and not what it will be from now on when things are 100% back to normal. If they still called this Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party I'd be more concerned about the future of the party. Obviously Disney could always just never bring back the actual party but I'm hopeful.

The fact that they are calling this something different is making me hopeful that this is a just this year kind of thing and not what it will be from now on when things are 100% back to normal. If they still called this Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party I'd be more concerned about the future of the party. Obviously Disney could always just never bring back the actual party but I'm hopeful.
This is my thought as well. After reading the article that inspired this thread, it really does make sense with the anniversary celebration just beginning and the crowds that may bring to MK as well. By next Halloween, we should hopefully be past any masking and capacity issues and the anniversary celebration will be winding down. I hope they do something like this for Christmas also.

I don’t think it will be necessary to have an MK park reservation for the day you are going to Boo Bash, as it’s a separate ticketed event. Whatever park you are in, you would just hop over to MK when it opens for event guests (or earlier if you have a hopper ticket).

This is my thought as well. After reading the article that inspired this thread, it really does make sense with the anniversary celebration just beginning and the crowds that may bring to MK as well. By next Halloween, we should hopefully be past any masking and capacity issues and the anniversary celebration will be winding down. I hope they do something like this for Christmas also.

I don’t think it will be necessary to have an MK park reservation for the day you are going to Boo Bash, as it’s a separate ticketed event. Whatever park you are in, you would just hop over to MK when it opens for event guests (or earlier if you have a hopper ticket).
Think they will still close mk at 5 those nights like mnsshp or possibly later since it’s only 3 hours long?

Think they will still close mk at 5 those nights like mnsshp or possibly later since it’s only 3 hours long?

I wouldn't expect them to close for regular guests more than an hour before the start time. MNSSHP started as 7 and they closed at 6. I think the After Hours events went started immediately at close.

It's basically what you got for free last year but now are paying for. I don't see the benefit of it. I guess people will buy whatever the Mouse sells.

What did they have last year? i was there in early October, don’t recall anything except early closings.

What did they have last year? i was there in early October, don’t recall anything except early closings.
There was nothing last year. However, they did have decorations and Halloween themed cavalcades, guests were also allowed to dress in costumes during the day for a specific time frame - which is not normally allowed.

There was nothing last year. However, they did have decorations and Halloween themed cavalcades, guests were also allowed to dress in costumes during the day for a specific time frame - which is not normally allowed.

This is open until midnight, which they didn’t have last year, I think they closed at 6:00. I don’t understand “paying for what you got free last year”. We were typically in the room by 8:00 last year. Would have loved to pay to stay until midnight.

This is open until midnight, which they didn’t have last year, I think they closed at 6:00. I don’t understand “paying for what you got free last year”. We were typically in the room by 8:00 last year. Would have loved to pay to stay until midnight.
Not sure what that quote refers to. It's not going to be identical to MNSSHP, but definitely more than last year. I think it is a good compromise, considering. It will be interesting to see the price structure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter