MNSSHP - candy lines question

TiggerBouncy

DIS Veteran
We are going to our first MHSSHP party in September! We have been reading up on threads and youtube posts about the party so we are moderately prepared. However, I do have one question about the Candy Trails.

There are a number of different candy trails, and details about how to get to each one. However, in all the videos I see the CM's have these large barrels that they just pull a handful and give you.

is the candy different in each trail (like at MVMCP)? Or is it the same bunch of candy?

In other words, is there any reason I have to go wait in 12 different candy trails to get candy or could I just circle the one with the shortest line and then focus on meet & greets, rides, and shows?

It has been awhile since we have done MHSSHP but from my memory, most of the stations were about the same. I know they had one specific Werthers spot but overall the rest had mostly the same candy. We went two different years and hit only half the spots both times and had a crazy amount of candy. The bag they give you is relatively small so we purchased one of the candy bags they had that lit up and had the year.

Side note: The day of the party we just stay at the pool, so before we left for the pool (they went a bit ahead) I left the bags on the kids bed with a note from Mickey. When they saw them they were so happy and surprised that Mickey had walked into our room ;)

It has been awhile since we have done MHSSHP but from my memory, most of the stations were about the same. I know they had one specific Werthers spot but overall the rest had mostly the same candy.

Yes, the candy is mostly the same, however if a company wants to sponsor a spot, then they can and that might be the only place to get that candy. Werther's was one at a party I went to a couple of years ago as they were promoting their new caramel apple candies. They were giving them out at Village Haus. Anyway, it works because those things are delicious and I still buy them from time to time!

Yes, the candy is mostly the same, however if a company wants to sponsor a spot, then they can and that might be the only place to get that candy. Werther's was one at a party I went to a couple of years ago as they were promoting their new caramel apple candies. They were giving them out at Village Haus. Anyway, it works because those things are delicious and I still buy them from time to time!

I buy them too! We love them in our house!!! :)

It is mostly the same but there are a select few that have specific items, usually sponsor-related as mentioned above. Keep an eye on the MNSSHP thread, all of the details about what/where will be known this Friday (first MNSSHP).

All the same candy but there is a wide variety of candy in those barrels so when they toss a small handful in your bag you're not gonna get one of everything.
So unless you want to just keep walking through the same line over and over you'd want to go to a least a few different ones.
My sister and I don't go crazy like some people do hitting up every one multiple times. We go to maybe 5 of them and then we are done as our bag is full.

My DS and I did two of the lines last year and we got PLENTY of candy! It's really pretty much the same in each line and even if there are specific, special candies at each spot (which I didn't notice), it's certainly not worth it, IMHO, to go in candy lines over doing meet and greets, shows, parade, fireworks, etc.

It’s been several years, but in my experience we only got a few pieces of candy early in the party (with longer candy lines) as if they were worried about running out.

but we got large handfuls later in the night when candy lines were short).

Agree with PPs that its the same, but we found the lines relatively short to non-existent. For the most part, it was walk-up so we hit a few different ones. That being said, if there were any kind of line, I would not have waited. The candy is the same kind you'd find in any Halloween section at home, and IMO, your time is better spent on the party activities than waiting for the candy.

Agree with PPs that its the same, but we found the lines relatively short to non-existent. For the most part, it was walk-up so we hit a few different ones. That being said, if there were any kind of line, I would not have waited. The candy is the same kind you'd find in any Halloween section at home, and IMO, your time is better spent on the party activities than waiting for the candy.
Not that I disagree but to be fair trick or treating is a party activity.

Not that I disagree but to be fair trick or treating is a party activity.

LOL, yes true, you are technically correct. I just meant that party things like the shows, characters, parade, etc. should take priority over the candy, since the candy is nothing special or unique to WDW. One or two candy stops should suffice for most people in the essence of time.

LOL, yes true, you are technically correct. I just meant that party things like the shows, characters, parade, etc. should take priority over the candy, since the candy is nothing special or unique to WDW. One or two candy stops should suffice for most people in the essence of time.
It also depends on what each person thinks is more important.
See my sister and I think meet n greets are a waste. We honestly go to the parties mostly just for atmosphere and short wait times. If we catch a parade or show treat but they don't take priority for us.
Everyone has different agendas which is fine.

Have no idea what to do with the candy after i grab them all. Can i give it back?

It also depends on what each person thinks is more important.
See my sister and I think meet n greets are a waste. We honestly go to the parties mostly just for atmosphere and short wait times. If we catch a parade or show treat but they don't take priority for us.
Everyone has different agendas which is fine.

I understand. I was merely pointing out that the candy is the same you can find at any store at home - not unique or special to Disney. If someone wants to spend their limited hours at the party (and $100+ party admission) waiting in lines for candy, that is definitely their prerogative!

Unless its been 40 years since you last trick or treated. :flower1: LOL

Do make sure you skip any lines for candy early in the party. You can debate whether spending time in a long line for a unique character is worth it but there is no value in waiting in a long candy line. The lines will be significantly shorter during the last 1/3 of the party and the CM's will typically be more generous in candy quantity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter