• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I never thought of that! We've decided to dress up too and maybe go trick or treating at a Bonus location. It just sounds like fun! I'll ask Bob how he feels about standing while eating and get back with you. Thank you FOXC63 for your help.
So pleased to read your dressing up and trick or treating. I was reading yesterdays post this morning and was going to write that we love the treat and treating part.

Hmm, I think 2:30 is a bit early, 3:15 for a sold out party is ideal and 3:30 for non sold out works very good. If you choose to arrive early make sure someone stands in line while you take photos of the surrounding fall decorations. :earsboy:
We were thinking about going around 2:00. Can you share your thoughts on why you said this is too early? We are having a resort day in the morning, hoping for a nap for my 3 year old. We were going to do a crystal palace late lunch and then try to get regular park things done before 7. We will want to trick or treat, watch the parade, see the fire works and hop on rides if the waits aren't long. We probably won't be doing any meet and greets. I felt I needed a little more time than the 4-7 window.

Villain Unleashed was a one night hard ticket event at DHS on August 23, 2014. Villains are out for M&G. I don't remember any special magic shot. There were dance parties, a Hocus Pocus show (3 shows) and fireworks. Hollywood Brown Derby offered special Villains food and drink menu items. They were delicious and wonderfully themed. We lined up at 6 to enter Hollywood Brown Derby at 7. The website stated that we might get to ride rides with the villains. It did not happen and wasted time lining up for TSMM and ToT. There was a special villains edition Fantasmic which was not special at all. No Disney villains were there. When we tried to line up for the characters, the lines were either already very very long, or closed for the night. I was only able to use zoom to get a few pics of the villains. A very disappointing experience indeed. Some people dressed up but most did not. I hope to have better experiences at the MNSSHP.

Our family was also at the party. I think they had way too many people for the small park. However, we concentrated in mainly meeting the characters so we've met Bre' Fox and Bear, Bowler Hat Guy, Gaston, many characters from the Star Wars. We've also rode TSMM, ToT and Star Tours and on Star Tours, some characters rode with us. They actually sat next my DS and behind him and was doing their "character" with him. It was really fun. However, I do agree otherwise, it was pretty disappointing experience.

Our family was also at the party. I think they had way too many people for the small park. However, we concentrated in mainly meeting the characters so we've met Bre' Fox and Bear, Bowler Hat Guy, Gaston, many characters from the Star Wars. We've also rode TSMM, ToT and Star Tours and on Star Tours, some characters rode with us. They actually sat next my DS and behind him and was doing their "character" with him. It was really fun. However, I do agree otherwise, it was pretty disappointing experience.

Captain Gantu was the only character DD wanted to meet and they closed the line right when we tried to get it. Star Tours is never our favourite ride. If I knew that it was the ride Disney intended to advertise, we wouldn't have lined up for TSMM whose line was very long and we wasted so much precious time waiting in line. I asked DD about the night and whether we should have skipped eating at Hollywood Brown Derby so that we could meet Captain Gantu. Her reply was "That was the best part of the night!" It's still a memorable night and we still had fun.

Thanks to this great thread! I feel like I am better prepared for my first MNSSHPs!!
:thumbsup2

We were thinking about going around 2:00. Can you share your thoughts on why you said this is too early? We are having a resort day in the morning, hoping for a nap for my 3 year old. We were going to do a crystal palace late lunch and then try to get regular park things done before 7. We will want to trick or treat, watch the parade, see the fire works and hop on rides if the waits aren't long. We probably won't be doing any meet and greets. I felt I needed a little more time than the 4-7 window.

The original poster I was responding to was not planning on using a regular day ticket to enter MK earlier on their party night. During MNSSHP they allow guests to enter the park at 3:45/4pm and it usually takes 20+ minutes. There is no need for them to arrive at 2pm since lines don't start forming until 3:15/3:30.:flower3:

When is your party date and what time is your ADR?

I think it depends on how long you normally spend in a park with your three year old. We are knackered by the end of the night and we get there around 3. Dressing up, we start getting ready at 12:30. There is lots of standing waiting for the parade and fireworks, maybe that's what does us in.

The original poster I was responding to was not planning on using a regular day ticket to enter MK earlier on their party night. During MNSSHP they allow guests to enter the park at 3:45/4pm and it usually takes 20+ minutes. There is no need for them to arrive at 2pm since lines don't start forming until 3:15/3:30.:flower3:

When is your party date and what time is your ADR?
Gotcha. I'm debating if I should use the regular ticket that day. We have 4 day, but to add a day would only be $20 to make it a five day ticket. I guess I'll have to decide if a couple more hours is worth $20 each. Our reservation is at 2:00.

Have you Heard? :listen:

With summer vacation right around the corner and kids on break I thought I'd bring to lite a great book series called "The Kingdom Keepers". The grade level is 5 - 8 but in earnest my husband and I have been enjoying them with our son since he was 7 years old.

"Using cutting-edge technology, five Florida teens have been transformed into Holographic Hosts at Disney World. Their images appear throughout the Magic Kingdom, giving visitors information about the various attractions. It all seems to be going well, until the participants begin having disturbing dreams that start affecting their everyday lives. They sneak in after the park has closed, and Wayne, a retired Imagineer, directs them in their fight against the Dark Side, embodied by Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty. Audio-animatronic pirates from The Pirates of the Caribbean travel through the Magic Kingdom in the little cars from the Buzz Lightyear ride. The dolls from It's a Small World clamber into the boats and start biting the occupants. Cinderella's Castle is filled with an eye-popping array of staircases, à la Escher. There's a certain coolness factor for the notion that people could be both human and hologram at the same time, and the illicit thrill of seeing all the things you don't normally get to see (both real and imaginary) makes this a must-read for serious Disney fans."

Wikipedia: Brief summary on published books:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kingdom_Keepers

I hope you enjoy them as much as we do! :thumbsup2

Y'all I finished my costume skirt and the look is starting together and I'm so excited I just have to share:
IMG_2747.JPG

I'm going for Ariel as a Newsie, and I need a different shirt- a button up probably. I'm also on the lookout for the perfect pair of argyle socks and if I'm feeling adventurous I may add some suspenders. Hoping the outfit isn't too warm for the early November heat.

Does anybody else have costume progress they want to share?? I love hearing everyone's ideas and it would be great to see some of them!!

Gotcha. I'm debating if I should use the regular ticket that day. We have 4 day, but to add a day would only be $20 to make it a five day ticket. I guess I'll have to decide if a couple more hours is worth $20 each. Our reservation is at 2:00.

You would have to use a regular ticket at MK for your ADR at 2pm. Am I missing something?

Y'all I finished my costume skirt and the look is starting together and I'm so excited I just have to share:
View attachment 241953

I'm going for Ariel as a Newsie, and I need a different shirt- a button up probably. I'm also on the lookout for the perfect pair of argyle socks and if I'm feeling adventurous I may add some suspenders. Hoping the outfit isn't too warm for the early November heat.

Does anybody else have costume progress they want to share?? I love hearing everyone's ideas and it would be great to see some of them!!

VERY nice!!! I think it will be perfect for the weather. Are you planning on decorating the cap with a pin or brooch? Here's a link of what I'm thinking:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ari...k6KTUAhULyoMKHVAyAEEQ_AUICigB&biw=995&bih=753

Also I like the shirt you have pictured, it's a great color!

View attachment 241953

Exciting! Love the look you put together.

We are still getting all the material together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter