MM Warriors - Three Steps to Good Health (As of 11/18)

Good Morning Everyone!

Pony - glad you're home safe and sound. You did so well with your eating but I'm glad you enjoyed a few indulgences.

Pam - How long are you going to do step1? Have you been off plan for awhile?

Lisa - I think 2 weeks would be a nice round number for a L&P fix.

Nell - Bring your friend on over. If you trust her, so do we :hug:

Anyone else who has slipped up but still reading and not posting, come back and commit to a fresh start :grouphug:

Robin: You gave me a good idea - we should seek everyone out and get them all on board with us on Step 1 for the New Year. We have email addresses for most of us, right? It's so much fun to hear the joy in your voice from your trip. I have a wireless mouse and wireless keyboard that came together for my laptop. Love them. Only about $35 if you ever want to get Ali a gift that you can use when you visit, lol!

Nell: I'm so glad you had a wonderful evening. It's like starting off the New Year like a shiny penny.

I have begun to slowly dismantle my tree, but it's going to be very slow going. My back hurts from so much time in bed. Crazy. I'm not coughing much anymore, but still stuffy and dragging. Could have been worse.:thumbsup2

Good morning everybody! :wave2: It was a bitter 8 degrees here this morning when I got up but at least we have sunshine finally!

Lisa, I hope you continue to feel better today! My DH really is a darling, but mostly he's a funny brat! He's very easy on the eyes and humble so I think I'll keep him for a while longer. Tom sounds completely adorable as well, I think we're a very lucky couple of ladies. I agree with everyone else that two weeks should set you right back on track. You weren't off plan for any extended period of time so the quick fix should work perfectly for you. Me on the other hand, I feel like I since was off for a full month, I'll do the same time to straighten myself back out and am seriously considering going the full eight weeks. I'm really surprised how easily I settled back into Step I, I really dreaded it. I can't wait for my natural energy to kick back in though, I miss that everyday general good feeling. Are you off this week as well? I want to put my Mexico pictures on photo bucket to share with everyone, I'll take the time to set that up today, I'm feeling kind of confident at the moment so I'll give it a whirl here in a bit.

Robin! Welcome back! Sounds like you had a great trip, what did you buy! What did you buy!? lol
I laughed over Ali stressing the mess in her house, that sounds like me and my eldest daughter in reverse. She has two boys and having them here stresses her out so much because she knows how I am about my house.(She remains the only one, the rest couldn't care less) After the gifts were unwrapped on Christmas morning I saw the panic on her face as she herded everyone to clean up the mess and take all the gifts to their bedrooms. I tell her to relax but she won't do it. I come by mine honestly, having four kids and the constant battle to keep things even semi neat while they were growing up was a 24 hr. a day job for me. Now that they're all gone, I feel like I can demand that things stay nice, and if they're not, I only have myself to blame. Yes, I have OCD tenacies about it. lol Do you have the rest of the week off as well? I'm happy to be back on Step I with you, I feel cleaner already!

Kathy, don't forget about Goodwill donations when you're decluttering. This may help you somewhat... When you're going through things and can't decide if you should pitch or keep; ask yourself if you've used it within the last six months and if you plan on using it within the next three months. If your answer is no, then rid yourself of it. Of course this doesn't apply to seasonal, gardening, or holiday decorations but it sure helps keep the clutter down. I love my Christmas decorations and have a hard time taking them down before the new year, the house always feels so empty and bland once they're down.

Nell, I think it would be very nice if you invited your friend to join us. The only thing I miss about LCF's is everyone reaching back to help guide the new folks as they get started. As a group we really have an awful lot to offer anyone new to the plan.

I got crazy excited last night when I discovered I could have my dried beef cheese ball on celery for my snack!! I'm famous in these part for my cheese balls and usually everyone wants to take the leftovers home, but I made us an extra one this year. Now I have it all to myself!!

Barb, I went off plan over Thanksgiving, my planned cheat extended into our vacation then over into Christmas prep. Ugh! But I'm okay with it, I gained only three and a half pounds but it seriously feels like I'm a tank once again. I'm for sure going to do thirty days back on step I, I'll decide later about extending it further.

Well I'm off to see about this photo bucket set up, I'll be back with a link for you all if I'm successful. Wish me luck! lol

Thomas' Everything bagels are 47 net carbs and Carb Kruncher Everythings are approx. 6! We have a smoked salmon bagel concoction from a restaurant in Arcata for Christmas morning every year. It sure was nice for Tom and me to make that substitution easily. They were just as good.

Pam: I can’t wait to see your Mexico pictures! I’m off only because I’m sick and my son is home, which is rare, so I try not to work much when he is here. I’m still in my pj’s taking it easy this am.

We are so much alike! I am the same way about putting away the Christmas decorations. I always feel like it went way too quickly and it’s boring without all the beautiful things around. I do like to clean the floors really well after every one has been here and it’s all put away, though. Everyone thinks I am weird because I talk to my beautiful Santa on the stairs. I’ll have to say, Bye, my beautiful Santa when I put him away. I’m alone too much, lol!

I used to be more of a neat freak than I am now. I like to start off with everything perfect, but once the kids get here, I just like to enjoy them. I really have learned not to care at all if we don’t pick up, but they are getting more considerate as they get older and pitching in kind of naturally, so it’s all working out. I like that my nephew stopped here for food before going to his other aunt’s for the day after Christmas with his Dad’s family. He knows I’ll make him vegetarian options and they might offer him a piece of broccoli. He filled two Tupperware containers here. You’d think they’d get it, but they must not care much whether he eats or not.

I hear J-P rattling around upstairs so we’ll see what the day might bring. He went snowboarding yesterday. Oh, he looks great in his leather jacket and wore it out with a girl the first night. Not a serious contender, but a girl anyway, lol!

It's nice to see all of you this morning. Since I never seem to be able to get off the step 1 bus or train line;), I'll be right along with all of you.

I do just fine and then seem to slip. I was back on track yesterday and slept really well last night. I think the sleeping thing is what I find most amazing about this way of eating. If I eat something sweet (really off plan) or don't eat before I go to bed I am up for several hours a night reading. I do like to read, but I also like my beauty sleep:laughing:

It looks a bit overcast here this morning. We have been having perfectly clear days. It makes it nice for the tourists and we seem to have a good number of them at the moment. I drive through Waikiki to get home and there were a lot of people wandering around. We have not had huge numbers for quite some time due to the economy.

I had a few pecans left in a bag as well as some macadameia nuts. I love sweet/salty things such as kettle corn:lmao: so I decided to make sweet/salty nuts. I melted some butter in a pan in the oven and added the nuts and got them warm and toaste a bit. Then I sprinkled Splenda packets and ground sea salt over them until I got the right sweet/salty combo. They were really good. Bob really attacked them and he usually doesn't eat my cinnamoned nuts. I have a new bag of almonds so will try adding those to the mixture, too. I get unsalted mac nuts for cooking at our Costco here. They are broken pieces and are not as expensive as a can of salted whole nuts. They are in the cooking section, not the nut section if any of your Costco's carry them.

I have also seen where you can mix the nuts in egg white and then add the spices and bake them. I haven't tried that, but it would cut down on the fat.

We haven't been able to transfer any programs to the new computer yet so all my recipes are in hiding on the old computer. The new one said there was not enough disk space!!!! Something is wrong as this is bigger than my old one. The keyboard on the new one is wonderful - it types very easily and is comfortable to hold. I don't like mouses so laptops are perfect for me, but my hubby is like Robin and he HAS to have a mouse. He just adds a wireless mouse and is happy.

On with my day.................

Afternoon all. Nice to "see" you all today.

Lisa, good that you're up and moving a bit. Just take it easy. Your immune system is probably still out of whack.

Robin, hopefully it warms up a bit for you. We are to have another storm here by the end of the week. Usually have snow for my birthday.

I personally can't stand clutter. To be honest the majority of it it is Mike's stuff. His tools are all out in "the office" as our basement was leaking pretty bad. So they will have to stay there until we can grind all the mold off the wall and water proof it again :( He is the world's worst pack rat. But since I have been doing the flylady, I am noticing he and his daughter aren't leaving dishes lay around as much YAAA!

Pam, I always take my stuff to Goodwill. I actually have a bag ready to take to them later today.

I'll check back in later. I am definately going to stay on step 1 indefinately. I have been doing horribly lately :(

I got crazy excited last night when I discovered I could have my dried beef cheese ball on celery for my snack!! I'm famous in these part for my cheese balls and usually everyone wants to take the leftovers home, but I made us an extra one this year. Now I have it all to myself!!
Hello?! Dried beef cheeseball recipe please :laughing: I have become addicted to sliced daikon radish and I'm thinking this cheeseball would go great with it :yay:

Could each of you send me an e-mail - just say Hi and then I can add you to my e-mail address book? This program is different on Windows 7 and we don't think we can transfer the address book.

It would save me a bit of entering and I would be sure I had the correct addresses.:surfweb::surfweb:

Thanks

It's nice to see all of you this morning. Since I never seem to be able to get off the step 1 bus or train line;), I'll be right along with all of you.

I do just fine and then seem to slip. I was back on track yesterday and slept really well last night. I think the sleeping thing is what I find most amazing about this way of eating. If I eat something sweet (really off plan) or don't eat before I go to bed I am up for several hours a night reading. I do like to read, but I also like my beauty sleep:laughing:

I had a few pecans left in a bag as well as some macadameia nuts. I love sweet/salty things such as kettle corn:lmao: so I decided to make sweet/salty nuts. I melted some butter in a pan in the oven and added the nuts and got them warm and toaste a bit. Then I sprinkled Splenda packets and ground sea salt over them until I got the right sweet/salty combo. They were really good. Bob really attacked them and he usually doesn't eat my cinnamoned nuts. I have a new bag of almonds so will try adding those to the mixture, too. I get unsalted mac nuts for cooking at our Costco here. They are broken pieces and are not as expensive as a can of salted whole nuts. They are in the cooking section, not the nut section if any of your Costco's carry them.

Hi Jocelyn. I wonder if those of us with chronic pain are better off with step1? It seems I still tend to use carbs to comfort myself but then pay for it with more pain (inflamation). In a perfect world I would be perfect on step1 24/7 but my life isn't perfect so I'll keep plugging along on step1 with missteps along the way and get back on the bus rather than let the bus leave without me :laughing:

The sweet/salty nuts sound yummy! I need to try those.

Have a great day :hug:

Kathy: Please don’t take off that mold in the basement without reading how to do it safely. You should wear respirators and complete protective clothing, as well as contain the are so it can’t spread. That stuff is HIGHLY TOXIC! If you have any doubts, there are professionals to do the job

Barb: You might really benefit from reading The Perricone Promise. Dr. Perricone has an eating plan with anti-inflammatory foods. I use his recipes which fit into MM model as much as possible. His plan will also do wonders for anti-aging and your skin.

Barb: You might really benefit from reading The Perricone Promise. Dr. Perricone has an eating plan with anti-inflammatory foods. I use his recipes which fit into MM model as much as possible. His plan will also do wonders for anti-aging and your skin.

I can use anti-inflammatory and anti-aging as much as possible :) thanks. I'll check out Amazon for a used one at a good price. Is it low carb?

Hi again everyone! Oh I have such bright sunshine filling my sunroom right now, I'm in heaven! :goodvibes

I'm not having any luck getting my pictures to go from photosmart over to photo bucket. Never fear, I called in my son and he will be here sometime this afternoon to help his ma. He's the one that insisted I use the laptop, so I blame him! It'll get done or I'll die trying. :laughing:

I just found three pieces of cheesecake, two pieces of pecan pie and half of a pumpkin roll in the crisper in my fridge!!!! lol Oh! Talk about your temptations!! But I resisted, I need someone to get here quick to eat it for me though! :lovestruc

Barb, the dried beef cheese ball is the easiest of them all. I use two packages of the philly lite cream cheese, one small jar of the Armor dried beef plus one package of the Budding. One small onion or green onions, which ever you like, or both works well too.(I love onion!) A few drops of Worchestershire sauce. I cut the beef up with scissors. Mix it all together with your hands, leaving the onions until last because it will pick up the brown color of the Worcestershire sauce. Form into ball, cover and refrigerate until it's firm again. This would work well for step two with the crackers we can have. I'm still so excited to be able to add this to my snack list.

I get my granddaughter, Afton, for a few hours this afternoon while they take her brother to the movies. Yay!

Hi again everyone! Oh I have such bright sunshine filling my sunroom right now, I'm in heaven! :goodvibes

I'm not having any luck getting my pictures to go from photosmart over to photo bucket. Never fear, I called in my son and he will be here sometime this afternoon to help his ma. He's the one that insisted I use the laptop, so I blame him! It'll get done or I'll die trying. :laughing:

I just found three pieces of cheesecake, two pieces of pecan pie and half of a pumpkin roll in the crisper in my fridge!!!! lol Oh! Talk about your temptations!! But I resisted, I need someone to get here quick to eat it for me though! :lovestruc

Barb, the dried beef cheese ball is the easiest of them all. I use two packages of the philly lite cream cheese, one small jar of the Armor dried beef plus one package of the Budding. One small onion or green onions, which ever you like, or both works well too.(I love onion!) A few drops of Worchestershire sauce. I cut the beef up with scissors. Mix it all together with your hands, leaving the onions until last because it will pick up the brown color of the Worcestershire sauce. Form into ball, cover and refrigerate until it's firm again. This would work well for step two with the crackers we can have. I'm still so excited to be able to add this to my snack list.

I get my granddaughter, Afton, for a few hours this afternoon while they take her brother to the movies. Yay!

Thanks Pam! What part of the grocery store do you find the Armor beef in a jar?

I was over at Amazon checking some anti-inflammatory food books and guess what else I found? A gluten free ALMOND FLOUR cookbook :yay: Can't wait to get it and see what they have.

I am feeling really sorry for myself. I lost a check that a client's husband sent me for his filing fee with the court. I told him that I misplaced it and asked him to send me a replacement check (I have never lost a check in the 23 years of practicing law - I am sure that it stuck to the envelope he sent it and I inadvertantly threw it away). I offered to reimburse him for the cost of stopping payment on it. He sent me a horrible email at 11:30 last night and an even more horrible one at 4:30 this morning. He said that he was going to report me to the State Bar as an incompetent and as a theif. That was the least offensive thing that he said in the email. I sent him an email this morning again apologizing for causing him such distress. He and my client both think that I should pay the $355 filing fee because I lost the check he gave me. I just don't do well with critisism and I can't seem to shake the feeling of gloom that is hanging over me today.... I NEED HUGS!

I am feeling really sorry for myself. I lost a check that a client's husband sent me for his filing fee with the court. I told him that I misplaced it and asked him to send me a replacement check (I have never lost a check in the 23 years of practicing law - I am sure that it stuck to the envelope he sent it and I inadvertantly threw it away). I offered to reimburse him for the cost of stopping payment on it. He sent me a horrible email at 11:30 last night and an even more horrible one at 4:30 this morning. He said that he was going to report me to the State Bar as an incompetent and as a theif. That was the least offensive thing that he said in the email. I sent him an email this morning again apologizing for causing him such distress. He and my client both think that I should pay the $355 filing fee because I lost the check he gave me. I just don't do well with critisism and I can't seem to shake the feeling of gloom that is hanging over me today.... I NEED HUGS!

:eek: Personally, I can't believe he's being such an a** ! How hard is it to stop payment and replace. There is NO NEED to have you pay it since the lost one will never be cashed! I think your client is just going along with the guy to smooth his feathers and has experienced his tantrums many times before. They are both acting like spoiled children. Try not to let them bring you down honey :hug::hug::hug:

Hey Kate - :hug: I just read your post and I wanted to say, you're human and you will make mistakes. You did the honorable thing by offering to reimburse him for the stop payment fee as well as, apologizing for the inconvenience. There's nothing more for you to do. Sounds like he's trying to use an honest mistake as an excuse to get out of paying the filing fee. Hold your head up high! You have nothing to be gloomy about. :hug:

well, I've read all the post and see that everyone had a wonderful Chirstmas and I know you're anticipating a even better new year. I'm with you all, I was off plan the last two weeks and just went back to step 1 Monday. I'm anticipating being here for a little while. I want to make sure the damage that I did over the holiday has been resolved. It's so good to be a part of group that hands out support like you guys. Keep up the good work and let's do this thing together! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter