MK to Grand Floridian?

b00kbug

Mouseketeer
Planning to leave MK for a lunch break at Grand Floridian - first time heading out of the park during the day. How long should I set aside to get there via monorail for an 11:30 lunch? Thanks!

Leave the park around 11. Take a look at the GF/Polynesian resort launch area and if it seems like there will be a boat soon, take the boat across, as GF is the first stop whereas on the monorail you will go all around the loop. Coming back to MK you can take the monorail as it is only one stop. You can also walk either way if you feel like a walk.

Leave the park around 11. Take a look at the GF/Polynesian resort launch area and if it seems like there will be a boat soon, take the boat across, as GF is the first stop whereas on the monorail you will go all around the loop. Coming back to MK you can take the monorail as it is only one stop. You can also walk either way if you feel like a walk.

Thanks! The kids will probably appreciate the ferry ride or monorail :D

I think 11:00 am would be about right. During the day there are fewer people leaving the parks, so I don't see it being that crowded. Monorail will stop at Contemporary, TTC & Poly before getting to GF. Monorail is air conditioned which would good on a hot day. Walking would probably be my last choice as you already are walking a LOT at MK and if going this time of year, it will likely be hot/humid all day when outside.

Returning to MK after lunch will be the next monorail stop.

No, not the big ferry that goes to the TTC. Or the monorail, because getting all the way around the loop with stops at the CR, TTC and Poly can take a good 40-45 minutes.

Save the monorail for a "souvie haul crawl" ;), because there are great shops in the monorail resorts.

You'll want to take the smaller boat at the dock near the ramp up to the monorail station. That's the one that goes MK-GF-Poly. It's a pretty short ride, maybe 15 minutes, fun and relaxing with a cool breeze the whole way. You'd think I'd remember as often as I've done that how long it takes, but I don't.

That boat is a great way to get to the GF, because it's not very far from the GF dock to the outside QS entrance to Gasparilla's. Do look over the Gaspy's menu before doing this. It might be too exotic for your tastes.

Though since you mention 11:30, if you're getting an ADR for GF Cafe, go up onto the veranda at Gaspy's entrance and turn left along the veranda around the side of the main building. You'll come to the veranda entrance that's near GF Cafe--which is YUMlicious, by the way.

No, not the big ferry that goes to the TTC. Or the monorail, because getting all the way around the loop with stops at the CR, TTC and Poly can take a good 40-45 minutes.

Save the monorail for a "souvie haul crawl" ;), because there are great shops in the monorail resorts.

You'll want to take the smaller boat at the dock near the ramp up to the monorail station. That's the one that goes MK-GF-Poly. It's a pretty short ride, maybe 15 minutes, fun and relaxing with a cool breeze the whole way. You'd think I'd remember as often as I've done that how long it takes, but I don't.

That boat is a great way to get to the GF, because it's not very far from the GF dock to the outside QS entrance to Gasparilla's. Do look over the Gaspy's menu before doing this. It might be too exotic for your tastes.

Though since you mention 11:30, if you're getting an ADR for GF Cafe, go up onto the veranda at Gaspy's entrance and turn left along the veranda around the side of the main building. You'll come to the veranda entrance that's near GF Cafe--which is YUMlicious, by the way.

right, thanks for that! I forgot about the small boats, I always associate them with epcot and not MK.

Have never been to Gasparilla's. The adults of the party love exotic, the kiddos not so much! Maybe next trip.

Huh, interesting. I just checked Gaspy's menu and see that the kids menu is pretty standard Disney kids stuff--cheeseburger, chicken nuggets, mac and cheese.

Used to have some more creative items.

The chicken and brie sandwich on the adult menu is DEELISH. We order it every time we stay at VGF. Something to consider for the "growthier" family members. ;)

Definitely the ferry there, the monorail going back, if time is a factor.

If you just want off your feet for a bit and to see all the sights of the monorail, then take it to the GF. It stops inside the Contemporary, shows a nice aerial view of the MK entrance at the transportation and ticket stop, then stops at the Poly, then GF. Barring any breakdown, or waiting stopping in its tracks, waiting for another monrail train to pass, the entire loop MK to GF is about 20 minutes.

With the ferry, its about 5, but keep in mind, you may have to wait 10 - 15 minutes for the ferry to come depending on what time you arrive at the dock.

Walking is 10 minutes a a pretty leisurely pace. But for me, any place to sit for a few minutes looks like an oasis in the desert at Disney! (Not to mention at the end of the ay, the monorail ramps look like Mt Everest! You did well picking lunchtime to take the monorail!)

Planning to leave MK for a lunch break at Grand Floridian - first time heading out of the park during the day. How long should I set aside to get there via monorail for an 11:30 lunch? Thanks!
It’s quicker to walk.

Its not a bad walk.
However, the resort boat is your best option over and agree with monorail coming back.

Definitely resort launch to the GF and monorail back! Grand Floridian Cafe? Lobster Thermidor burger and the salmon are both fantastic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter