mixology class review!

I have done Mixology on all four ships, and each time have experienced both bartender made drinks and guest/self made drinks. On the classic ships, sometimes they take the materials out from behind the bar and set them up on a table, that way guests can still experience that drink making part. I've also done Mojito's, where they have the materials out ahead of time, and you do your own muddling.

The mojito class on the Magic was awesome! They had premeasured everything so the ratios were correct, and we got great instruction on muddling and the history behind the drinks and liquors. We each made our own drinks. I thought it was a perfect mix.
Glad to hear that! I'm signed up for that class on the Magic in August!

The tastings are a really entertaining part of being on the Disney ships. Other cruise lines don't seem to offer tastings. Does anyone know of any other cruise line that does offer them? I have done 3 other lines, so my experience is limited. I have never been to a tasting that wasn't entertaining, enlightening, and tasty. And the mixology tastings are always different. I have been to them when the bartender did all of the drinks, and ones where the bartender asked for assistance. So, mixology is always on our "to do" list.

The tastings are a really entertaining part of being on the Disney ships. Other cruise lines don't seem to offer tastings. Does anyone know of any other cruise line that does offer them? I have done 3 other lines, so my experience is limited. I have never been to a tasting that wasn't entertaining, enlightening, and tasty. And the mixology tastings are always different. I have been to them when the bartender did all of the drinks, and ones where the bartender asked for assistance. So, mixology is always on our "to do" list.

I'm not sure about mixology, but I have done wine tastings on other cruise lines.

Just wanted to say that we love Lionel!

Just got off the 3 night Fantasy yesterday! We did not get off of the ship in Nassau and did not want to do Palo, so I booked us into the Mixology class. We had never done this so it was a gamble, but we had a lot of fun!
Lionel in Skylines was our bartender and he was funny and knew his stuff. We took turns making the drinks, but everyone got 5, made by other class members:
1) a mojito
2)a Tom Collins but made with grape vodka instead of gin (not a lot of gin fans in our group)
3) a "french connection"--a champagne cocktail Lionel has recently made up with Moet, chambord, and orange grey goose
4) a chocolate martini--side note, I had never had a martini before in my life, and since I had the closest BDay(the next day) I was given a HUGE one, which I highly enjoyed.
5) a shot made up of Rum Chata and Fireball which Lionel called "cinnamon toast crunch", and indeed it did taste like it.
Cost was $40 PP, and well worth it! Lots of fun and a little knowledge! And everyone used handwipes before they made drinks, no one touched rims, no one shared straws, etc. if you are worried about germs.
Another funny note: Lionel said he wanted everyone to crawl out of there, so DH took a joke pic of me on the floor of the doorway crawling. At least 3 class members ran over to see if I was OK! I guess I do look my new age (55), they probably thought I broke a hip! ;)

Oh sign me up! I'm putting it on our to-do list for the next cruise. I am SO looking forward to having more adult time since our ratio will be 6 adults :: 2 boys.

We were able to book the mojito tasting that happens on Castaway Cay, it was awesome! Lionel was the bartender and we made our own drinks — five full size drinks — and for the last one, we were able to improvise our own mojito from the many ingredients that were stocked at the bar, it was so fun! I highly recommend!

We were on the 11 night Fantasy before yours. Lionel is our favorite bartender! We did Mixology, also. Well, more like I did Mixology and DH attended. I did not know I liked gin until this class! I was tipsy, for sure, but not all-out drunk. Later in the week a couple came into our dance workshop having just walked out of Mixology. She did just about literally crawl out of there. DH and I took a different way back to our cabin because I didn’t want to be caught in an elevator with her when she spewed.:crazy2:

we had much fruitier drinks on our cruise in January. so this is what we had...
must note: i only wrote down the ingredients and not the names! they were not very common drinks but they were amazing!

pear vodka/grand marinier / lemon juice (this was our favorite)
passion fruit puree/ prosecco/ peach schnapps/ pom liquor
malibu rum/ midori/apple pucker/ pog juice
absolute vanilla /chambord/cranberry juice
kahlua/rum chata

im sure if you are a great mixer you can figure out the measurements! i seriously recommend the class!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter