"Mister Fan" vs. "Squeeze Breeze" vs. Disney's misting fan

disneyberry

Dreaming of adventure
DVC Premium
okay so this is what happens when i leave packing till last minute.

i could've ordered those Sport Squeeze Breezes from target.com, but now it's too late, argh, leaving in 4 days.

anyway, i saw a product called "Mister Fan" at Bed Bath & Beyond for about $8, but i didn't buy it yet because it looks HUGE and really heavy to carry around!

can anyone give a comparison of the 3 brands that i mentioned in my post? i don't remember the Disney version being so large, but maybe i'm just not remembering correctly.

i don't know if i should buy the "Mister Fan" before i leave, or if i should go to Walmart or Walgreens once i get to Orlando to pick up a Squeeze Breeze (i read on another post that they go for about $4 somewhere).
i don't really mind taking a trip to buy it because we usually need to buy some supplies anyway.

or i'm even considering skipping the misting stuff, and just buying a personal handheld fan instead. hm... please help. thanks!

This may not be typical or I may have gotten a defective item but...

I purchased a "Mister Fan" at Wal-Mart. I was designed kind of like a squirt gun, but had a fan, which was removable. It didn't work at all. I had to return it. So, I wouldn't recommend that particular style of Mister Fan based on my personal experience.

Here I sit with my newly purchased "Mister Fan" from Wal-Mart sitting right beside me. I didn't even know that's what it was called! I too saw a huge mister type fan and didn't want to lug it around so I opted for the smaller squirt gun version. Even if it does look a bit silly for a woman over 35 to be carrying around....

It has the removable fan. I sure hope it works!!

Hold on I'm gonna try it....

Ugh. Well, the fan works ok. But the "mister" isn't really a mister. It's a squirt of water. Works if the fan is off, or you get a face full of big splats. Triple ugh.

Man! That's that. My neice will love it. She'll get some squirts from her auntie.
:)

Have a great trip, ya'll!!

Less than 30 days and counting!! :bounce: :bounce:
Annemarie

We just came back from Disney, and we had not planned ahead. We definitely needed a mister, one because of the heat and humidity, but also because every single other person at Disney seamed to have one! We bought one for $17 and we all shared it, 3 adults and 4 kids. It was nice because the carrying strap made it convenient to carry around, but it was quite large. I don't think the personal fan would do the trick. You definitely will want the mister.

We used a Squeeze Breeze when we were there a few weeks ago. We purchased it at Target for about $8. My daughter dropped it the last day we were there and the plastic bottle actually cracked and broke. I was in our local Target yesterday and they still had the Squeeze Breezes so I bought another one for next year. I couldn't see paying $17 for the Disney version which was what they cost. The fan on them only had 2 blades vs. 3 for the Squeeze Breeze but don't know if this would make much difference. One thing we did with the Squeeze Breeze was only fill it half full of water to make it lighter to carry. You could always put more water in it if you needed to which we never needed to do. We also have a Misty Mate which you can strap on but I just couldn't see constantly having to pump it up so we never took it with us but it does deliver a nice mist. Sorry never tried the Mister Fan but I definitely agree you need something with water. It was 93 everyday when we were there and the cooling afternoon showers never showed up.

If you have one of the Disney outlet stores near you see it they have a "mister" from one of the minature golf places. If you can'tfind that, find one at WalMart, etc., because they are expensive at Disney and you need them if it's hot!!!! Remember, I am from Florida!!!!!:pinkbounc

so are the Squeeze Breezes and Mister Fans just as good as the Disney version?

also, for anyone who has one of the Disney fans, how big/bulky is it?

the "Mister Fan" we saw in the BB&B was approx the size of a bottle of Lysol cleaner!!! i really don't want to carry that around!

We were there in July and my 7 yo DD wanted one from Animal Kingdom sooooooo bad. I just couldn't see paying $17 for one. We are heading over in 2 days (woo hoo) and I bought each of my 3 kids one from Toys R Us. $8.99 a piece. I also bought my nephew one from Target (Squeeze Breeze) for $6.99. Of the two brands that I have, I think the Squeeze Breeze is nicer. It's a little smaller (about 2 inches shorter) and the bottle portion is round and cylindrical (not like the lysol cleaner bottle that the other's are). It looks like it will be less heavy and easier to carry.

The ones that Disney carries are about the same size as the larger ones that I have (although the bottle portion is round - like the Squeeze Breeze). The ones at Disney are really nice - with the Disney look of them - however, with me having to buy 3 or 4 of them, it made more sense to go the Target route.

I'd try to pick one up before somewhere before you go. One less thing to worry about after you get there. Have a fun trip!!

thanks for the reminder! i leave in about 12 days, i just ordered them from target.com ($1.74 a piece!)
hope they get here in time!

We just got back and bought two Disney ones - but got them the first of 7 days - if your fan breaks or you need new batteries while at Disney they replace them for free.

Crazywig, are you saying that you got the same "squeeze breeze" ones at target.com that they have at Target for $7? I am confused. Also, does anyone know WHERE in the Target store to look for them? I would not even know what department to look in. Thanks!!

I really wanted Squeeze Breeze, but could not find it anywhere so I recently bought the Mister Fan. I opened it this past weekend to test and it is not that heavy.
Things I liked were:
The fan part comes off... so if you just want a fan....u got it. I also like that there was a hole big enough for ice....so that helps keep the water cool.
The thing I kinda did not like.... is that the water sprayer part is just below the fan....so it lost a bit of a fine mist and it was more like a heavy mist. It is still very refreshing. I did not buy Squeeze in the parks last year cause it was $$$$, but I did stop off at the stand and mist myself... I do not remember how they compare. But, I do seem to remember the mister part and the fan being built in together so I think when the fan was on... the mist was finer. I also got another for my brother so if between now and my trip I find Squeeze I will probably get it so we have both.

Jennifer

Wow! I just bought it! You were right, $1.74 on clearance, regular price $6.99. They were sold out of the basketballs, but I got two baseballs and three soccer balls all for $12.65 shipping included. Thanks so much!

The Mister Fan is the same as that sold at WDW - without the Disney logo or price! Beware - my fan lasted only 2 days! The fan blade part kept falling off, and while I was sitting on the WDW railroad, I turned on the fan and the blade flew off onto the train tracks! Needless to say - I wasn't about to hop off the train to retrieve it.

I just ordered 2 of those fans at target.com for the kids. My youngest plays soccer and he will love it!! Ill probably just buy the bigger ones at the store before we go for us since they didnt have them on the website. Thanks for the heads up!

i can't take the credit, i remembered seeing a post a few weeks ago about the fans being on sale! glad you guys could scoop them up!

These boards are so full of info.!! The summery type of products are really hard to find around these parts. With back to school in full bloom, just about all of the summer stuff is gone except for a little sun screen. I was lucky to find the "Mister Fan/Squirt Gun". It was only about 3 bucks and change. I did see a few super duper large Mister type fans. I just want to keep the lugging of stuff down to a minimum. As do many others I'm sure.

Well, if we don't find it helpful. Our 4 year old neice will get a kick out of it.
:) She'll be there with us and I know the mischief will begin!

Annemarie :bounce: :bounce:
Less than 25 days to go!!

For those who wanted to know where to find the Squeeze Breeze in the Target store they are in the health and beauty aids department on an end aisle near the shampoo. At least that's where they were in our store. I would also recommend if you are flying and have to pack them in a suitcase to leave them in their package otherwise the fan blades need to be straightened out before they will work.

hi again everyone, thanks for answering my previous questions. (and glad to know at least some of you early planners were able to get the target.com Squeeze Breezes... :( i don't know why i always leave stuff like this till last minute when it's too late)

anyway.... i think i've decided the Squeeze Breeze sounds right for us. but, we can't find any in NYC area. no time left to shop. so thinking about buying one in FL the first night we arrive.

so... does anyone know if we would be able to find the Squeeze Breeze at stores near touristy areas such as the Goodings as CrossRoads, or the Walgreens on I-Drive near Golden Corral?

those are the 2 places we normally go shopping, and i'm not sure if i want to go on a hunt to find these things. :p we also know how to get to a Target which is on Sand Lake Rd near Red Lobster. that's last resort since it's far from Disney.

i also read that there was some Kissimmee store which had them. if anyone knows exactly which store that is, please also post a reply. thanks again!

and what about, do they sell old versions of the Disney mister fan at the outlet stores at Belz for example? (hehe wishful thinking)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!