Mistake you will not repeat next time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take Bonine instead of Dramamine. It is a once a day pill. Take it at night. Here's what I do... start taking the Bonine the night before we leave. Take one each night before bed. No drowsiness and no motion sickness!!!:thumbsup2

What's Bonnie?

That's great to hear on the DDP!!! We are trying it for the 1st time this year and looking foward to it, we also like the idea of it all being paid for before you get there. We booked a BB offer of free DDP and upgraded that to DxDDP. Can't wait to try it!!!

Just a word of advice on the DxDDP... We did it on our last trip. We had our son with us, who was 4 at the time. We decided that sitting down to eat 3 times a day would just make him nuts. So instead we did 1 table service and 1 signature restaurant each day (counts as 2 meals). It worked out really well and we got to try restaurants like CRT, Citrico's, Jiko, etc. We found breakfast and dinner worked best for us. Then we just had a snack in the middle of the day.

Have fun!

This is an easy one. I will be going to sign son up for Jedi Training before rope drop and make sure he gets a spot. He sort of didn't want to do it last time and then when we he said he did, it was too late.

Probably won't get a lot of folks who agree with this one, but next time definitely NOT doing table service with the dining plan. It's just too restrictive having to be at a certain place at a certain time for reservations. Not practical traveling with a small child. I'll still do one or two table service meals, but not every day of the trip.

Probably won't get a lot of folks who agree with this one, but next time definitely NOT doing table service with the dining plan. It's just too restrictive having to be at a certain place at a certain time for reservations. Not practical traveling with a small child. I'll still do one or two table service meals, but not every day of the trip.

I totally agree with this one -- we could never do a TS each day, it would make us crazy.

However I did like the suggestion in a previous post to use the TS credits for a few signature meals. We could manage that :thumbsup2 Right now, I'm reconsidering the DDP :rotfl:

Over the years...

1. Camping in a camp ground. (my first WDW trip with my parents)
2. Taking a two year old without a stroller a week after surgery.
3. Inviting DD's young friend on a ten day trip. I'd do it with an older child with some understanding in place.
4. Ride Kali River Rapids. trying to get off SpaceMountain without getting my bearings, ride the T-cups
5. Take an 85 year old and a 3 year old by myself!
6. Pay for my usually good-natured 85 year old DGM to rent a scooter. I can't believe we weren't sued!
7. Not giving my children their own card or envelop for souvenirs.
8. Leaving a park when it rains/ pours/ hails. We learned this lesson by not leaving! (and I was a cat in a former life!)

That said, I've made plenty of mistakes that turned into "magical moments". I have no regrets where WDW vacations are concerned other than we haven't had nearly enough of them! :)

-No dining plan
-No signatures at this point in our life (too stressful to with young children)
-Skipping Illuminations & Fantasmic in exchange for more pool time
- After picking up a stomach bug, there will be even more sanitizing next time
- Ride TSM immediately instead of getting a FP for 6 hours later and not being able to FP Aerosmith or ToT
- I think I may start trying to wear a hat. My hair a hot mess in FL and never looks flattering.

*These are just for our next trip. I know our needs and circumstances will change depending on how many and what ages our children are at the time of our trip.

I was the same way. It was my 3rd trip (last October) that I FINALLY tried the Dole Whip (after a friend and Disney fan kept asking if I had tried it)!

The Best! :goofy:

I love them so much, I bought a ice cream maker, and the mix to make at home. :goodvibes

But it does not compare to having them at Disney! I look forward to using snack credits on them in April! :thumbsup2

HAHA! That was our story too! When we took our daughter for her third trip Dec 11, we FINALLY tried a Dole Whip....needless to say it will not be the last one we ever have (YUM!!)

melifeld said:
Just a word of advice on the DxDDP... We did it on our last trip. We had our son with us, who was 4 at the time. We decided that sitting down to eat 3 times a day would just make him nuts. So instead we did 1 table service and 1 signature restaurant each day (counts as 2 meals). It worked out really well and we got to try restaurants like CRT, Citrico's, Jiko, etc. We found breakfast and dinner worked best for us. Then we just had a snack in the middle of the day.

Have fun!

Yeah, that's how we're planning on doing it. Most, if not all, of our reservations are going to be for dinner and I'm trying to stick to a lot of places that require 2 points, so our other meal of the day will be the 1 point. I have found the last couple years we have gone we have mainly stuck with 2 meals and a snack. Yes, I can't wait to try the signature restaurants!

Sent from my Galaxy S II

Cape May Clambake---not really it specifically but eating at a resort restaurant that does not have easy transportation or eating "out of my way" (especially if it does not involve character dining). For the most part, I had scheduled our meals to go with our schedule, and I scheduled Cape May on a night where we had nothing else planned but in the end I would have been just as happy relaxing at our resort and eating CS there.

Driving to DTD. Everyone kept saying that buses are bad to DTD so we drove...well parking there is a freaking nightmare!! I actually think I will avoid DTD altogether for our next trip.

Since we drive (about a 6-7 hour drive...maybe 8 with stops)...the best thing I did our last trip was get a hotel about 3 hours from WDW on the way back. It was less than $100, it was a clean, nice, secure hotel. It meant that we could visit a park on our departure date.

Our first trip to WDW, we stayed later than expected on departure day b/c we were having fun. This was great until our car breaks down 90 minutes from home in not a very safe location at 2 am and we spend the last night of our vacation in a Super 8 and wake up to a shirtless man pounding on our door.:eek:

smiths02 said:
Cape May Clambake---not really it specifically but eating at a resort restaurant that does not have easy transportation or eating "out of my way" (especially if it does not involve character dining). For the most part, I had scheduled our meals to go with our schedule, and I scheduled Cape May on a night where we had nothing else planned but in the end I would have been just as happy relaxing at our resort and eating CS there.

Cape May Cafe Clambake is one of our must-dos. If we're not staying at BC, we schedule it for a night that we'll be at EPCOT and just walk to BC through International Gateway. After the meal, we head back to EPCOT (maybe catch Illuminations, depending on the time) and walk to the buses.

We leave Thursday for a week at BC. Sunday we're spending the day at SeaWorld then back to BC for a 7PM ADR at Cape May Cafe. Yummo!

I will not waste a park ticket on our arrival day, no matter how early we get to WDW.

We arrived @ MCO around 9:30a and were in DHS by 1:00p. By 3p we were all EXHAUSTED and ready for bed. We woke the girls up @ 3:45a to get to the airport for our 7am flight out and we were all ready to be done for the day, but we stuck it out until 8:30p.

It was our first time and I wanted to do as much as possible in 5 days, but I really wish we used the arrival day to explore our resort and let the girls swim and play at the resort.

Next time we won't fly out so early, so we can all sleep in, and we'll hang out at the resort and maybe go to DTD on our arrival day -- no more heading straight to a park!
We often fly in the afternoon....like a 3 or 4pm flight, get there around 5-6pm, get to the resort, check in, go to dinner somewhere, stop for some groceries, then go back to the resort and go to the pool/hot tub.

It's a nice segue into vacation and then the next morning we can hit the ground running if we want to, all rested up.

I will add that we do not have children, which may make a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter