Mission Space Orange vs. Green???

Orange actually spins in a chamber and causes you body to experience about 2.5 Gs of force. Green has no G forces and tilts and blows air in your face to simulate motion.

If you aren't squeemish and simulators don't make you sick then Orange is the best side. If simulators make you sick stick to Green.

Green doesn't have any spinning and is extremely smooth. The only thing to be mindful of is if you experience claustrophobia. It does get a bit tight.

Green also has a shorter wait line, so keep that in mind.

Green doesn't have any spinning and is extremely smooth.

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand. Is it less spinning (that is, slower spinning) or no spinning at all? If it is no spinning at all, it seems that it can't really be "smooth" because it is stationary -- a park bench is not a smooth ride. Does it at least jiggle you around a bit to create some sensation of movement?

I have not been there since they split off the green and orange sides (and, I'm told, slowed down the orange side which makes me very sad) but if green does not spin at all I would think it is not worth it. YouTube probably offers a better experience.

Green does not spin. It does shake, tilt, and move, much like Star Tours. But since it doesn't spin, you don't get the "pressed into your seat" feeling you do on Orange.

The person I am going with absolutely won't do orange. I want do do orange very much. If I book us fastpasses can we split up? With fastpass will we be done at roughly the same time or could one of us end up waiting for the other to finish (not that either of us would mind... just curious).

If it is no spinning at all, it seems that it can't really be "smooth" because it is stationary -- a park bench is not a smooth ride.

:rotfl2::rotfl2:

For me it really felt like sitting on a park bench themed as a rocket.
I can understand when people do not want to experience the orange side, but the green one is really boring.

Even after riding orange side for the first time I thought "that's it??! :faint:". Everyone was talking about how rough and extreme it is. I was a little bit surprised how smooth it was. But anyway an interesting feeling and experience. Everyone should try orange once, but I guess some people would be very :sick: after riding it.

The orange side doesn't make me ill but it does leave me with a headache that last for a good hour. The green side has no effect on me at all.

that's the reason they have the green side in the first place, since so many guests reported instances of motion sickness after riding in the original format (similar to Orange).

The person I am going with absolutely won't do orange. I want do do orange very much. If I book us fastpasses can we split up? With fastpass will we be done at roughly the same time or could one of us end up waiting for the other to finish (not that either of us would mind... just curious).

As I recall (and I could be incorrect), the FP+ scanning is done at the entrance. After the scan, you can choose orange or green.

And to answer the OP, the main difference for me was that orange made me want to die; green did not.

I never feel sick on motion simulator rides, but MS Orange made my stomach do flip flops and left me feeling icky for quite a while after the ride. The motion sickness bags should have been my first clue that it was gonna be rough. lol

Orange actually spins in a chamber and causes you body to experience about 2.5 Gs of force. Green has no G forces and tilts and blows air in your face to simulate motion.

I would love it if Green had no G forces. Then you'd be floating like you're really in space. Unfortunately, in my experience, the ride pulls a consistent 1 G.

DH and I tried orange once. I really liked it but DH did not. He said it pushed on his chest making him feel uncomfortable. So after that we went only on green. I still thought it was fun and could feel it push a little. The good things is, the green side was almost always practically a walk on. The orange side usually was around 20 min. This was at the end of June. So not too bad of a wait either way. Both sides were fun.

... If I book us fastpasses can we split up?

Sure! The fastpasses for green and orange are the same; no distinction. You'll enter the same fastpass queue, then split up when you hand in the green or orange card.

With fastpass will we be done at roughly the same time or could one of us end up waiting for the other to finish (not that either of us would mind... just curious).

Probably pretty close. Orange may run a little slower, but it depends on when they're loading the rides.

Yes you can get FP and then split into the 2 different lines. Green is always shorter than orange so you may not need FP and will have time to see something else while your group is on orange. There are games to play after the ride that are fun and you can make and email videos.

I don't get motion sick - never had a problem on any other ride. I've done both.
On Orange - I had a massive migraine and felt terrible the rest of the day. I rode Green last trip and they do a great job of simulation I didn't miss the motion at all the ride is just as good and I didn't feel bad after!

When I did orange, there was no green except the color of my skin after I got off!!! :sick: I had to sit on the benches just past the exit of the ride for nearly 1/2 hour because I was so dizzy I couldn't stand up. Then spent the rest of the day back at the hotel, unable to do anything else.

If you don't do spinning, don't do the orange. Because even though you can't see it spinning, it is definitely spinning!

Miffy said:
When I did orange, there was no green except the color of my skin after I got off!!! :sick: I had to sit on the benches just past the exit of the ride for nearly 1/2 hour because I was so dizzy I couldn't stand up. Then spent the rest of the day back at the hotel, unable to do anything else.

If you don't do spinning, don't do the orange. Because even though you can't see it spinning, it is definitely spinning!

Back then it was 4 Gs where now it is only 2. Disney made a pretty authentic training simulator but forgot astronauts are in prime medical condition and train for months before even attempting the 4 G simulators. Disney forgot the average person visiting the parks isn't the 100% picture of health and has probably never experienced me than 1 or 2 Gs.

Part of the problem as well is that if you think if it spinning you will feel sick. If you allow your brain to be tricked by the screen and think that you are in rocket taking off with 3G of force pushing down on you and getting you out the earth's atmosphere then you shouldn't feel sick from spinning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter