Mission Breakout: can it cause motion sickness?

I have no idea if it is the song but sure seemed like our last ride (with the song “Free Ride”) had an incredible number of drops. More than I remember.

I have no idea if it is the song but sure seemed like our last ride (with the song “Free Ride”) had an incredible number of drops. More than I remember.

I’m fairly certain the different songs have different video and drop sequences. “Free Ride” is the craziest IMO followed by “Born to be Wild.” 😳😵‍💫😆

I'm fine on Incredicoaster until the very end

This was my issue too! I think it had to do with the way it decelerates so rapidly. It was like my 'vision' couldn't stop as fast as my body did. My brain was telling my eyes I was still moving and simultaneously telling my body it had I'd stopped moving (or vice versa), which caused a sort of disorientation that resulted in nausea. I had the same thing on Everest. The Scopolamine patch removed 99% of that feeling on Everest which made it 'tolerable'. But even so, chances are I'll skip Everest next year.

I may be willing to try Incredicoaster next time I'm at DL, but I'm going to time it very carefully. Maybe make it the last ride of the night so if I do get nauseous it won't ruin the rest of the day.

I have a bad inner ear issue that causes me to be dizzy on most fast rides. Guardians doesn't trigger it.

most rides don’t bother me. The only ride type that does is the dragon swing at knotts, and others lIke it. For whatever reason, that carnival ride makes me nauseous for at least a half hour afterwards.

the only other rides That bother me now are ones that leave you looking down at the ground or straight up in the sky for long times, and those I just get dizzy.

I tried the velocicoaster and that got me very slightly queasy.

I can do guardians multiple times no problem, and pretty much any ride at Disney as well. The tea cups get me very very slightly queasy.

I have to have a full but not overly full stomach and have lots of air when I ride Space Mountain. A coke always helps too. If I ride it in the morning before I’ve eaten, it’s nauseous city.
I had a hard time with masks on it. Much better without.

I had a hard time with masks on it. Much better without.

Oh yeah I couldn’t ride it with a mask…. And for a time we were wearing masks indoors when it wasn’t required and I’d take mine off for Space. I just couldn’t.

Drops don't bother me, but DH and DD got very sick. DD felt obligated to go when she was 17 on her band trip, because all her friends were going as a group. I tried to talk her out of it via the "chicken exit" right up until we entered the elevator, but she bravely insisted she'd be fine. She was so nauseated! The picture from it features me clutching her hand hard and looking at her with a manic smile like, "THIS IS OKAY! THIS IS FUN! YOU ARE FINE!" while she just looks catatonic. She will never let me forget that picture, even though I tried to talk her out of it! :rotfl:

My whole life I've loved rides and coasters. As I've gotten older I've started to experience motion sickness and its a real bummer. We were in Universal Orlando in October and I decided to give SeaBands a try. It made no sense to me that they could work, but they absolutely did. It didn't absolutely eliminate the motion sickness, but knocked down the severity a ton and it didn't end up ruining my entire day. Your mileage may vary, but it worked for me.

I'm fine on Incredicoaster until the very end

This was my issue too! I think it had to do with the way it decelerates so rapidly. It was like my 'vision' couldn't stop as fast as my body did. My brain was telling my eyes I was still moving and simultaneously telling my body it had I'd stopped moving (or vice versa), which caused a sort of disorientation that resulted in nausea. I had the same thing on Everest. The Scopolamine patch removed 99% of that feeling on Everest which made it 'tolerable'. But even so, chances are I'll skip Everest next year.

I may be willing to try Incredicoaster next time I'm at DL, but I'm going to time it very carefully. Maybe make it the last ride of the night so if I do get nauseous it won't ruin the rest of the day.
remember that Incredicoaster closes early now so they can do World of Color.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!