Mission Breakout: can it cause motion sickness?

disneyerin

DIS Veteran
Just wondering if the drops on Mission Breakout cause motion sickness. I've never been on it and I might try it for the first time on my October trip. I do plan on taking some motion sickness medicine an hour before hand.

As someone who suffers with motion sickness, I am able to ride this. However, be aware, that I also tend to do it with an empty stomach, of well after the last time I've eaten. Just to be safe. I have yet to not do well on it. The coasters are actually a bit more difficult for me than Mission Breakout.

I get motion sickness and I'm a mess after if I don't do something preventative beforehand. I used to take dramamine... but I've since invested in a ReliefBand and it has changed my life. I can ride anything now and ride it all back to back with no issues. My family (who claims they don't get motion sickness) all had to take a break and sit for a bit after riding Mission Breakout.

Now that I’m older, I am a tad more prone to some motion sickness. This one messes with me a tiny bit, but screaming somehow helps on this ride. 😆 Last week we got “Free Ride” and that was a lot. 😳🫢

As someone who suffers with motion sickness, I am able to ride this. However, be aware, that I also tend to do it with an empty stomach, of well after the last time I've eaten. Just to be safe. I have yet to not do well on it. The coasters are actually a bit more difficult for me than Mission Breakout.

Strangely enough, I'm the opposite. I almost never get motion sickness, but back in August of last year, I went on GOTG with a completely empty stomach and I started feeling a tiny bit sick. Human bodies are weird! So now I just make sure I have SOMETHING on my stomach and haven't had an issue since. (But would never go on it or a similar ride with an overly FULL stomach. Just to be safe. LOL.)

To the OP, if you take the medicine, you'll probably be fine.

Just wondering if the drops on Mission Breakout cause motion sickness. I've never been on it and I might try it for the first time on my October trip. I do plan on taking some motion sickness medicine an hour before hand.

It will depend on what triggers it for you. For me my motion sickness trigger is up and down. I've gotten nauseas riding a horse that wanted to trot when I didn't and snorkling in slightly rough water. The boat ride out was fine. First time I did ToT same thing happened. I take meclizine, non drowsy dramamine, and have no issues riding it now and can do more than one ride in a row.

I don't get motion sickness on Breakout, and this is from someone who hates the drop feeling and usually leaves me a bit shaky after especially if I haven't had some 'liquid courage'. Rides like Indy, Space, and Star Tours are much more likely to cause me to feel motion sickness due to the jerky movements.

It doesn't bother me. My 'trigger' seems to be simulators like ST and roller coasters (but not BTMRR or 7DMT, weirdly enough). Just 'up and down' is fine.

I've had great success with Scopolamine patches. Have worn them twice now at WDW and have even gone on Avatar & ST (simulators) and Everest (coaster that goes backwards!) and I was fine.

I haven't been 'brave' enough to test the patch out on SM or Incredicoaster.

My kids and I thought the ride wasn't bad at all, so we talked my wife (their mother) into riding it - she was not only mad at us for the rest of day - she still holds a little resentment I think.
Oh no! Poor thing. And poor you guys! :oops:
I think that would be me...

I think this is really a personal thing.

I'm usually pretty sensitive, but it doesn't bug me at all. However our grandson got queasy, but could handle every spinning ride and 3D ride without issue.

Just no way of telling without trying.

I have menieres and it’s a definite no for me. But to echo others here, its all very subjective, depending on how your particular motion sickness presents itself. Some are positional vertigo sensitive, others it’s spinning, still others it is inversion.

I can’t do Incredicoaster due to the inversion but I can do Space Mountain. Can do ROTR but not Star Tours. It’s weird, but it’s all a matter of learning your personal tolerance Is.

No, Seabands don’t help me, neither does Dramamine. Only meclizine. Yep, it’s a weird affliction for sure.

Most definitely not anything spinning.

I get motion sick and can’t ride any of the crazy rides at Knotts…. Star tours makes me throw up, incredicoaster makes me woozy, tea cups 🤢 but I can ride guardians all day long.

I had no trouble when it was Tower of Terror. Have only tried one time since it was GoG. I had just eaten and it was hot out. I got the kinda sick where you sweat and have an acute headache for 2 hrs. That being said I might try it again. I have more motion sickness with Incredicoaster when it is very hot and not barely any when it is cooler. That being said I could never do Incredicaoster back to back in any temp. Adding I can do Space Mountain but not back to back and I am slightly ick but not bad when I get off. I am fine on Star Tours but not in back few rows.

I had no problems on ToT (at both DLR and WDW), but I do have problems with Mission Breakout. Not sure exactly what changed, but I tried ToT at WDW in June and didn't have any problems at all, but I definitely get sick on MB at DLR. I would love to know what the difference is that throws me off, but I can't ride it now.

I'm fine on Incredicoaster until the very end, but can't do space mountain any more. BTMRR is fine, Indy is fine, Star Tours will make me puke every time. ROTR is fine, but I haven't tried MFSR because I have problems on Star Tours.

I had no trouble when it was Tower of Terror. Have only tried one time since it was GoG. I had just eaten and it was hot out. I got the kinda sick where you sweat and have an acute headache for 2 hrs. That being said I might try it again. I have more motion sickness with Incredicoaster when it is very hot and not barely any when it is cooler. That being said I could never do Incredicaoster back to back in any temp. Adding I can do Space Mountain but not back to back and I am slightly ick but not bad when I get off. I am fine on Star Tours but not in back few rows.

I have to have a full but not overly full stomach and have lots of air when I ride Space Mountain. A coke always helps too. If I ride it in the morning before I’ve eaten, it’s nauseous city.

I had no problems on ToT (at both DLR and WDW), but I do have problems with Mission Breakout. Not sure exactly what changed, but I tried ToT at WDW in June and didn't have any problems at all, but I definitely get sick on MB at DLR. I would love to know what the difference is that throws me off, but I can't ride it now.

I'm fine on Incredicoaster until the very end, but can't do space mountain any more. BTMRR is fine, Indy is fine, Star Tours will make me puke every time. ROTR is fine, but I haven't tried MFSR because I have problems on Star Tours.

I think the drop sequences are quite different now. ToT going for scary vs guardian's fun. If I remember back to last july and sept, guardian's seems to have more short up and down drops vs ToT having fewer but longer drops since the "fear" is on the long drops with the elevator breaking. So if up and down is a problem I can see how you'd have issues on one but not the other.

I think the drop sequences are quite different now. ToT going for scary vs guardian's fun. If I remember back to last july and sept, guardian's seems to have more short up and down drops vs ToT having fewer but longer drops since the "fear" is on the long drops with the elevator breaking. So if up and down is a problem I can see how you'd have issues on one but not the other.

I thought there were more short drops - I told my friend it felt "bouncier" to me than ToT. I can do a few of the long drops, but all the short up and down drops made me feel really sick. My friend said she didn't notice a difference, but I don't think she rode ToT very much before the change. Glad to know I'm not crazy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter