Mission: 2013 or Planning Our Return To The World, A 2013 PTR

When should we go???

• May 16-23

• September 28-October 5

• Some other time

Results are only viewable after voting.
Great list of possibilities! I just :lovestruc thinking about and planning our Disney dining too! Here is my 2 cents...

Chefs de France-DELICIOUS!!!!! This was our favorite on our last trip!

Yak and Yeti- very good too! I have a suggestion for you if you do book this one: go right before parade time and ask for the window table upstairs in the far right corner...it will give a fantastic view of the Jammin Jungle Parade! The food at Yak and Yeti was so good, and the kids choices are great too, not just chicken nuggets and cheese pizza. Try the Pinapple Wontons for dessert...so yummy!

BTW~ Kouzzina is on my must try list for our next trip!

Yep...Chefs de France will most likely make my final list for this trip. I have wanted to go both times we've gone, but it just hasn't worked out. I think I'm going to have to make it happen this time.

Great tips about Yak and Yeti! I just put that into my planning journal. What a fantabulous tip!!! I'm glad that the kids choices there aren't the standard nuggets and pizza. I've been tending to book ressies at places that offer better kids choices. I don't want Emma to get bored of eating the same thing day after day. :goodvibes

One of our favorites, too! :goodvibes

We love Cali Grill! YUM! I'd love to get back there ... but since it's 2 credits, it will have to wait. Sigh.

We ate here in 2010 and we LOVED it! It was on the list for this year (as breakfast and dinner), but it got cut because of other things ... but I look forward to going back! So I think you should try to sneak it in! :goodvibes

We had a really great experience here in 2010. DD10 has a milk allergy and didn't like the dessert she ordered. The server brought her about 4 different kinds of treats to make her happy! Plus, I could listen to their accent all day! :lovestruc Food was amazing ... the only thing I didn't like was even though the tables were separated, it wasn't by much space, so it kind of felt like communal tables. But we wouldn't hesitate to go back! (And it's on my list for 2013 possibilities.)

We dined here in 2010 and I thought it was amazing food! DH even agreed. We loved the food, and we loved the "movies". The only thing I didn't like about Sci Fi was the fact that it was hard to talk to your family as you sat two to a seat and the rest sat behind/in front of you. So it wasn't easy to share dishes (especially apps!). Plus, it was really dark, so it was hard to see my food. Granted, I've seen LOTS of recent pics and it looks like they've adjusted the lighting greatly. I wouldn't hesitate to go back!

50’s Prime Time Cafe – I think this one looks like a lot of fun too! Plus, who can turn down fried chicken?? :lmao:

OR....

Disney2011pictures058.jpg

THE POT ROAST!!!! YUM!!! I honestly think 50s is my FAVORITE WDW restaurant. It's FUN, and YUM! Who can beat that? And yes, I get the pot roast every time. It's THAT good. However, DH said he's yet to eat anything there that wasn't amazing. My friend had the fried chicken in March and he devoured it and wished he had more to take home. :lmao:

DO IT!! You won't regret it!! :goodvibes[/QUOTE]

OH MY WORD...that pot roast looks phenomenal!!! (Where's the smiley that's drooling and rubbing it's tummy? :lmao:)

If we were doing the regular dining plan, I would most definitely leave Cali Grill off, but going Deluxe gives you SO many more options. It is ALOT of food, but we felt like it was definitely worth it because we could dine at places that we otherwise wouldn't have the credits for. We rarely eat 3 meals a day, so we usually do a 1 credit for one meal and a 2 credit for the other every day we're there. We really like getting to go to some of the "swankier" places. LOL Ya'll should think about giving it a try sometime. We did it on our last trip just to try it out, and we will never go back to the regular dining plan again. It's a personal opinion though. We weren't too worried about whether or not we would break even. We like the flexibility of having everything already paid for up front and not having to worry about what to order. KWIM? :thumbsup2

50’s Prime Time Cafe – I think this one looks like a lot of fun too! Plus, who can turn down fried chicken?? :lmao:

OR....

OMGoodness...it's Liddy and her PotRoast again! :scared1: Believe me when I say, this Potroast picture just pops up at random times all over the Disboards, so beware!:rotfl2:

I'd love to do the DxDDP, but we just can't afford to eat that nicely. :lmao: Some years, we're literally scraping for the funds just to go. :rotfl2:

But one day ... I will do the DxDDP .. and one day, I will love it. But that will have to be for an adults trip ... I'm thinking a second honeymoon. :thumbsup2

OR....

OMGoodness...it's Liddy and her PotRoast again! :scared1: Believe me when I say, this Potroast picture just pops up at random times all over the Disboards, so beware!:rotfl2:

I have no idea what you're talking about. I've never seen that picture before in my life. :rolleyes1

Just wanted to stop in to let you guys know that I haven't abandoned my PTR. I've had LOTS of stuff going on with me lately, and haven't had a chance to get on. I will be back REALLY SOON with more updates, and some info on what's going on with me. Thanks for sticking around with me!
:grouphug:

Just wanted to stop in to let you guys know that I haven't abandoned my PTR. I've had LOTS of stuff going on with me lately, and haven't had a chance to get on. I will be back REALLY SOON with more updates, and some info on what's going on with me. Thanks for sticking around with me!
:grouphug:

I hope it's good stuff and not bad stuff going on! We're still here! Anxious for you to come back and hang out with us! :hug:

Welcome back! I'm still in!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thank you!!!! It's certainly good to be back! Lots and lots have been going on here. I started a new job back in July, and it's been totally NON STOP ever since! I really love it though. I left the world of banking, and the stressful role as Personal Banker, to become an Office Manager/Account Manager at a Bobcat dealership. I know! BIG change, right?!?!?!

Really, it's been awesome though. I get a little stressed out at times, but I couldn't ask for a better boss. He's wonderful!

I'm hoping to catch myself up on my OWN report, and get some new posts up this weekend. I am so glad you're still here!!! How are you?

Well hello out there sports fans! er...I mean...Disney fans!!! ;)

I figured that I'd preface my return with a little bit of newly discovered information!

I know in previous posts, that I've said that the dates for a fall trip would start on September 28th, but there has been some late breaking news! Our school district, over the last several years, has always done fall break during the first week of October. So I made soft plans that this would be when it would be this year.

BOY WAS I WRONG! They decided to throw me for a loop like a Major League Baseball pitcher confuses a batter with his changeup. First, I heard that they were toying with the idea of nixing fall break completely, and adding in some time off at some other point during the year. WHAT?!?!?!?! :scared: Well THANKFULLY that didn't happen. They finally approved fall break, but not for the week I assumed that they would. Our fall break is going to be October7th-11th. Although I was really planning on break being the FIRST week of October, I am totally okay with them making it the SECOND week instead. My only problem? Monday, October 14th is Columbus Day. Does this affect crowd levels much??? I've gotta do my research on this.

So...once I officially found out that Fall Break for 2013 had been approved, it put me into planning mode again!!! YAY!!!! And actually, I have an announcement to make!

WE FINALLY BOOKED OUR VACATION!!!!!

Yep, you heard right! I finally booked!!! :dance3:

Our dates are October 3-10th. An amazing 8 days and 7 nights in our happy place! I can't wait!!!!!

I'll save some of the other info for my next installment... :rolleyes1

johnsonginad said:
Thank you!!!! It's certainly good to be back! Lots and lots have been going on here. I started a new job back in July, and it's been totally NON STOP ever since! I really love it though. I left the world of banking, and the stressful role as Personal Banker, to become an Office Manager/Account Manager at a Bobcat dealership. I know! BIG change, right?!?!?!

Really, it's been awesome though. I get a little stressed out at times, but I couldn't ask for a better boss. He's wonderful!

I'm hoping to catch myself up on my OWN report, and get some new posts up this weekend. I am so glad you're still here!!! How are you?

I'm so glad that it's been such a good change, even if it's a crazy busy one! I know it's always a hope and pray for the best when you make such a big career move!

We are good! My DH just past the last part of his CPA exam yesterday, so we've got some major celebrating to do this weekend!!! He's looking for a job change too, so hopefully some things will work their way out in the next couple of weeks with this new development!

Can't wait for your new installments! I shall live vicariously through you! :) (and maybe, jus maybe, I'll finish up my TR sometime... Sigh)

I'm so glad that it's been such a good change, even if it's a crazy busy one! I know it's always a hope and pray for the best when you make such a big career move!

We are good! My DH just past the last part of his CPA exam yesterday, so we've got some major celebrating to do this weekend!!! He's looking for a job change too, so hopefully some things will work their way out in the next couple of weeks with this new development!

Can't wait for your new installments! I shall live vicariously through you! :) (and maybe, jus maybe, I'll finish up my TR sometime... Sigh)

Congratulations to your DH! How awesome!!! I know you guys are beyond excited, and that you are so proud of him! :thumbsup2

I know what you mean about finishing a TR. I've got one out there somewhere that isn't finished. Maybe I'll schlep on over there later today or sometime...LOL

So...in my last installment and revealed some pretty big news! We had booked our vacation!

Yep! Two weeks ago today, I was sitting on the couch watching a movie with DD, and decided that it was time to book. I didn't call DH and discuss it with him, which, in hindsight, was somewhat of a scary idea! :scared: But anyway...I got up off the couch and meandered down the hallway to my bedroom and dialed 407-WDISNEY from my cell phone. After a 20 minute wait to speak to someone, a CM finally answered!

The guy that answered the phone, (Vern I think was his name) was so very nice, and made lots of small talk while helping me to hammer out some very important plans.

Now, when DH and I originally started talking about to our "Return to the World" we talked about many different things with regards to resorts. At first, we talked about possibly trying out a Deluxe. We scoured the disboards, and looked at as much info as we could on them. After much debating, we decided that there was one that stood out to us. It was:

images

Yep...The Beach Club!

I had been in love with this place since our very first trip. On our first night at The World, we had ADR's at Cape May Cafe. This was DH's pick because he wanted to stuff himself with crab legs. When we walked into the doors of the resort, this wonderful smell surrounded us. I don't know what it is, but every resort seems to have it's own, unique smell. This one was so phenomenal! It was a sweet, clean, well...beach-y smell. LOL. It was AHHHHHH...Wonderful! Couple that with the sheer beauty of that lobby, and I was in heaven!

Anyway...back to THIS trip. LOL

After finally deciding that this was the Deluxe resort for us, DH came up with another idea. "Honey?" he said "Why don't we look into Club Level at the Beach Club? That would be neat, wouldn't it?"

Once I finally picked my chin up off the floor, and started breathing again, I agreed, and we started off to research it.

So...we were all set...Beach Club...Club Level...

We were having trouble hammering out a dining plan though. You see, we had free dining on our last trip, and paid to upgrade to the DxDDP. That was an experience in itself! The problem we had with this trip though, was if we were going to stay Club Level, then was it really going to be worth it to do DxDDP too? I mean...they have tons of food in the lounge. Would we really need a dining plan with all that food too?

We went back in forth for WEEKS trying to decided what we should do. And I thought we had it all settled:

Beach Club Resort...Club Level...Regular DDP

As I sat there on hold before my sweet CM answered, something hit me. Something was missing from our plan. Something just wasn't right...

So...after all that planning and research...this is what I booked:

Dates: October 3-10

Resort:

images

Dining Plan:

Deluxe Dining

Yep...that's right! I ended up deciding on my own that it just wouldn't be the same if we didn't stay in our usual resort, POFQ. We absolutely adore this resort, and I really thought we would come to regret it if we didn't stay there this time too.

Plus, after being spoiled by the DxDDP last time, I couldn't bare to not do it again! :)

After finishing up making our plans, and putting down my deposit, I called DH. At first I was afraid he might be upset that I just made reservations, out of the blue, without talking to him. But, he was ECSTATIC!!! And we've been in planning mode ever since!

Now that the vacation has been booked, and the deposit paid, it's time to get down to some serious planning! Stay tuned, because this weekend, we have big plans to start mapping out some possibilities! Next post will include crowd calendar info from Touring Plans, and possible touring/dining that is in the works! Stay tuned, I'm getting excited!!!

johnsonginad said:
Now that the vacation has been booked, and the deposit paid, it's time to get down to some serious planning! Stay tuned, because this weekend, we have big plans to start mapping out some possibilities! Next post will include crowd calendar info from Touring Plans, and possible touring/dining that is in the works! Stay tuned, I'm getting excited!!!

Yay! And I think POFQ with Deluxe Dining sounds great! I mean, BC sounds awesome too, but personally, I think I'd enjoy extra yummy food instead of the extra $$$ on the room. Especially with your DD at her age. Save the fancier digs for when she'll appreciate them more, right? :)

cbcrockett said:
Yay! And I think POFQ with Deluxe Dining sounds great! I mean, BC sounds awesome too, but personally, I think I'd enjoy extra yummy food instead of the extra $$$ on the room. Especially with your DD at her age. Save the fancier digs for when she'll appreciate them more, right? :)

Yep! My thoughts exactly!!!!

Hi y'all!!! We've been so busy lately mapping out our trip! We've been totally focused on dining, because our 180 window opens soon. April 6th to be exact!

Here's what we've come up with so far...

Arrival Day:

We will start our trip out with something that has become quite a tradition for us. We will check in and head straight to Downtown Disney for lunch at Earl of Sandwich! We usually go straight for the Original sandwich, but I think it'll be different this year for at least me. I cannot wait to try this!

EoS_holiday-sandwich.jpg

Yep! The Holiday Sandwich. I've read so many great reviews of this, and I cannot wait to sink my teeth into it!!! Yummmmmmm....

That night, we are planning to head to Epcot for dinner at a place we've never been before. I'll give you a hint:

Yep! Via Napoli, baby!

I'm really intrigued by the cantaloupe and prosciutto appy they have there. That might be something I'll have to try!!! Emma is beyond excited about this place. She's already requested that either me or Gregg get the yummy looking sundae thingy. Ugly But Good? Here I come!!!

SAM_0338.jpg

So there you have our arrival day plans! Stay tuned for Day 1!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter