Mini golf

CVTmarie23

Mouseketeer
We are staying at the beach club in a few weeks and want to play mini golf at the nearby course. Can we walk there? And do they take walk ups? I've spent several hours on hold trying to get through to make a reservation and had 0 luck so far.

We are staying at the beach club in a few weeks and want to play mini golf at the nearby course. Can we walk there? And do they take walk ups? I've spent several hours on hold trying to get through to make a reservation and had 0 luck so far.
You can walk from Beach Club to Fantasia Gardens. They take res or walk ups.

FYI, the Gardens Side (the themed side with the characters) will be closed from May 9 - May 22 if your trip falls within that time frame. The Fairways side will be open, but it can be kind of challenging, and I don’t think it’s as fun for younger kids. It’s basically a miniature version of a pro golf course - no fun statues or anything.

We tried to make reservations when we were there last year and it's basically a lost cause. We were redirected at one point to someone who answered the phone and said, "I can't help you. I'm just a dude out here on a dock." 🤣

If you walk up, the CM will give you an estimated wait time until you can begin play.

It's been years since I've gone, but we must have always hit it at the sweet spot and never had a wait.

We walked to Fantasia Gardens from the Yacht Club when we were there in February. The course is located next to the Swan Reserve and there is a marked sidewalk that goes there. The walkway is located between the Swan and Dolphin buildings and goes past the pool areas. The course wasn't crowded when we went there in the middle of the afternoon. It didn't look like they took reservations. People just walked up to the ticket window.

Bumping this up to ask about the walk -- we'll be coming from the Poly and at first I was thinking about riding the monorail over to Epcot, walking through and maybe getting dinner ice cream at Beaches and Cream and then walking over to the course. But, is that too much walking in the heat? This will be late July. Maybe just Uber over or go to MK and ride a bus from there?

Bumping this up to ask about the walk -- we'll be coming from the Poly and at first I was thinking about riding the monorail over to Epcot, walking through and maybe getting dinner ice cream at Beaches and Cream and then walking over to the course. But, is that too much walking in the heat? This will be late July. Maybe just Uber over or go to MK and ride a bus from there?

It would definitely be too much walking for me. You can take a boat to Swan & Dolphin from the International Gateway. But just walking thru Epcot can be brutal in the summer. If you take a bus from MK, you’ll have to take a BW or Y & B bus & walk from there anyway. Swan & Dolphin don’t use Disney buses anymore.

Just the walk from B&C to the golf course isn't too much of a walk, especially if you get refreshed sitting in the AC at B&C. But, you're talking about getting to the TTC, getting into Epcot, heading through the park to the International Gateway, and then finally YC&BC, that's a bit of a hike just to get to B&C.

Plus, there is the return trip. But remember the MK bus from the S&D (I assume it's not hotel guests only) takes you right to the TTC, where you can walk back to Poly.

Last edited:
You could always take the bus from poly to hollywood studios then take the boat to beach club that would cut out the walking thru Epcot portion. The walk from beach club to mini golf isn't bad.

You could always take the bus from poly to hollywood studios then take the boat to beach club that would cut out the walking thru Epcot portion. The walk from beach club to mini golf isn't bad.
@donaldanddaisy The above recommendation is good, except that I’d get off the boat at Swan/Dolphin and cut through the Swan. Fantasia Gardens is right across the street, shorter walk than from BC.

Or Skyliner over to the International Gatyeway and walk the 5 minutes back to BC. The Friendship boats only travel every 20 minutes, and can take another 15-20 minutes to get to YC/BC (and don't drop off too much closer than the Skyliner, IMHO).

@donaldanddaisy The above recommendation is good, except that I’d get off the boat at Swan/Dolphin and cut through the Swan. Fantasia Gardens is right across the street, shorter walk than from BC.

They said they are going to Beaches & Cream first.

Or Skyliner over to the International Gatyeway and walk the 5 minutes back to BC. The Friendship boats only travel every 20 minutes, and can take another 15-20 minutes to get to YC/BC (and don't drop off too much closer than the Skyliner, IMHO).
Good call forgot about the skyliner so much quicker than the boat and you walk right by the skyliner on your way to the boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter