• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Military discount 2011

A Manager at Shades of Green was able to verify through their Disney contacts that: Disney will be offering Discounted Military Salute Theme Park Tickets; They did not confirm the start date or number of days, but there will be blockout dates.

Through another contact in the Disney Company: There will be a 2011 Military Salute Ticket Offer; Purchase dates will be 1 January through 1 October 2011; Last day of use will be 11 October 2011; Blockout dates will be 17-23 April and the fourth of July; This contact also confirms that Disney was prepared to release the Military Salute Ticket info on 3 October with the room only offer but decided not to at the last minute.
Not confirmed info but sounds about right.
Robin, would it be OK to post that to my 2010-2011 Military Room-Only Discount thread?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2573766

I read on MilitaryDisneyDiscount (website) that the tickets have been released. Is this true or not?

I came about this info from this great site. http://www.militarydisneytips.com/ Also read the comments on this subject and there is a great reply from Disney about something happening..I myself feel very assured that Disney will once again offer our military a great discount. :cool1:

thats the one i was looking at....gosh between my lack of coffee and my valium not working last night i feel braindead.

This would be awesome! We're going back next year and a military deal would be perfect for us... thx for sharing the unofficial info!

We were really hoping for the tickets for this December. Oh well, I guess we'll have to plan another trip next year! :rolleyes1

Anyway, thanks for keeping us up to date and giving all of those helpful links! :thumbsup2

Woot! :cool1: Thanks for the info! We are headed to DLR next month and this info is perfect timing!

Woot! :cool1: Thanks for the info! We are headed to DLR next month and this info is perfect timing!

You are welcome! We're heading to the EPCOT Food and Wine Fest next month and I'm soooo glad Disney brought the military discounted tickets back :cool1:

So excited! Thanks for posting. I saw it this morning and booked our first trip to Disneyland for Spring Break. We had been planning it, but the $99 tickets make it that much better!:cool1:

Not sure if this can be done but hubby is retired military and can buy 6 tickets. We're taking son and GF next year so they'll use 2 military tickets and we use 2 tickets for 4 days. On the 5th day can we use the other 2 tickets?:confused3

Thanks

I just saw the new discounts!!! Yeah!!!
So, is it better to buy the tickets on base, or wait until you get to Disney and buy them at Shades of Green??

So happy to read this! Was planning to go Feb 2012....but may have to talk hubby into this year!:cool1:

I just saw the new discounts!!! Yeah!!!
So, is it better to buy the tickets on base, or wait until you get to Disney and buy them at Shades of Green??

I would buy them on post because the lines at Shades of Green can be really long. Be sure to check with your ticket office several weeks before you go, though. The office here was out last year right before we left, and it would take them couple of weeks to get them. We ended up buying them from Disney at the gate and paying the tax because the line at Shades of Green was so long.

We are going to be there for a week. I'm going to have my H buy the tickets on base. There are 5 of us.
So... four day tickets. But we want to get on 6 or 7 days. So I assume that we should just buy the military tickets for 2 or 3 days from base at the same time that we buy the others, and then use one set then another?
What may work about this is that the military tickets include the water parks, so we can use those when we want to use the park, and only pay for the special tickets with the park hopper options. It would save us a little money.

Does that all sound about right, or am I missing something here? I know we can't buy more than the 5 of the special, so this is the best way I saw to work it.

...What may work about this is that the military tickets include the water parks, so we can use those when we want to use the park, and only pay for the special tickets with the park hopper options. It would save us a little money.

Does that all sound about right, or am I missing something here? I know we can't buy more than the 5 of the special, so this is the best way I saw to work it.

You could just buy the military tickets with the waterparks and more option. Doing so you have four days in the parks and four options to use at Typhoon Lagoon, Blizzard Beach, Wide World of Sports, DisneyQuest as well as a round of golf at Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course. You could use one visit per day or multiple visits per day. You could do this after your tickets are used up or mix in non park days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter