• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Military discount 2011

sarahrip

Mouseketeer
What do you think the chances are of the military discount continuing for 2011. My husband is a retired navy man and we are saving now for a disney trip for May of 2011 for our 3 kids... DS 14, DS 8 and DD 4

Disney has had military discounts for years. So I don't see them pulling the discounts next year.

We may see you there in May, 2011.

My son in law will be deployed in 2011, so DD and I are taking grandson for his first disney trip. May is a good month to go. Not too hot.

herc.

11.gif

I am wondering that myself. DH is retired Army and we want to go soon, but it all depends on the job situation. So, I'd like to get in on the discount 0f 99.00 for 4 park days.

Does anyone know when they usually release the information for the following year? We're going again next March and would love a deal like this time. I am little nervous though since there really isn't any ticket deal (that I know of) for the fall/winter of this year.

I know that you can always buy discounted park passes through most military bases and they will mail them to you (for a small fee of course). We always purchase our tickets from the nearest base community center. I would recommend calling the base located closest to you.

Good luck!

I've been communicating with Disney Parks Public Relations. They've confirmed that this year's offer will not be extended and implied no offer next year. I'm still waiting for conformation though.

I've been communicating with Disney Parks Public Relations. They've confirmed that this year's offer will not be extended and implied no offer next year. I'm still waiting for conformation though.

We're starting to plan a trip for April '11 and was hoping there might be another offer like the 4 for $99 for next year as well... let us know if you hear back anything :)

Or you can always go to the Shades of Green military resort and buy the discounted tickets when you arrive. It's a great resort to stay at also, and the rates go by rank. It is in Disney, so you get all the perks--transportation, early/late hours, etc.

Or you can always go to the Shades of Green military resort and buy the discounted tickets when you arrive. It's a great resort to stay at also, and the rates go by rank. It is in Disney, so you get all the perks--transportation, early/late hours, etc.

Yes you do get all the perks, except you can not get the Disney Dining Plan if you stay at SOG. I think that is the only downfall of staying there.

I think we're going to be looking at normal ticket discounts not the great ones that have been offered these last couple of years. We went ahead and schedule a trip in September for one last hurrah with the discounted salute tickets. Actually right now got a better deal on the hotels with travelocity that the military hotel discount offered.

Our local military ticket office also said Disney is not going to extend the 4-day/$99 ticket offer. That's really going to hurt us for our trip this November. I'm really surprised Disney is not extending this courtesy to our military, especially after raising their ticket prices during this slow economy.

I didn't know that. Wonder what the reasoning is behind that decision.

Because then NONE of the military members would stay in Disney resorts!!! SOG is a much better value than what you can get for the same price in the WDW resorts. If you could get the DDP, I wouldn't even think twice about where we would stay, it's a no brainer! They've got to find a reason to get us to stay in their hotels somehow... (and it works, we stayed at CBR last time and this time too just because of the DDP.)

For the past 2 years Disney has posted their military discounts in January for that year...For the location,size and cost you will not get better than Shades of Green..With the way that the economy is I would assume that Disney will still offer the same discounts as last year..

Just spoke to CM on phone 2011 military discount is out there. Still no info for tx but guessing same as last year. I am so excited. Was unable to book due to the computer and system updates.. Will be calling back tomorrow!!!!!

Welcome to the DIS!!

It is frustrating that they gave people (including myself) detailed information regarding the tickets from a memo and now they are taking it back and revising it. Let's hope they get everything sorted out ASAP!

I have spoken to disney cast members and they confirmed that there is a 2011 military discount. Currently the discount includes 40% off rooms. Ticket prices have not been announced yet but I am told to check back around the third week of October for the announcement.

A Manager at Shades of Green was able to verify through their Disney contacts that: Disney will be offering Discounted Military Salute Theme Park Tickets; They did not confirm the start date or number of days, but there will be blockout dates.

Through another contact in the Disney Company: There will be a 2011 Military Salute Ticket Offer; Purchase dates will be 1 January through 1 October 2011; Last day of use will be 11 October 2011; Blockout dates will be 17-23 April and the fourth of July; This contact also confirms that Disney was prepared to release the Military Salute Ticket info on 3 October with the room only offer but decided not to at the last minute.
Not confirmed info but sounds about right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter