Microwave for medical reasons

Catlover77

Earning My Ears
Unfortunately, my ability to eat is severely limited due to a plethora of medical conditions. Is it possible to request a microwave at a deluxe hotel?

I don't know the answer, but I think there is a microwave in the CS locations at these resorts. How long is your trip? Just doing a quick look, there are some small microwaves on amazon for $50-75. If you can't get one from the resort and the CS is a mile away, perhaps you can order one at a local store and have it delivered and just leave it there after the trip. I know it's an added expense you'd like to avoid, but sometimes it comes down to you just have to , in order to enjoy the trip.

For something as important as your health, I think I'd call disney directly to get an answer.

There was another thread asking about this fairly recently. I can’t find it right now.

You can certainly ask but I’d be prepared with an alternate plan in case it can’t be accommodated. If you need to prepare food in your room, you should reserve a room type including a kitchenette. There may be fire code rules against cooking (microwaves, toasters, hot plates, etc.) in standard hotel rooms that weren’t designed to include such devices.

There was another thread asking about this fairly recently. I can’t find it right now.

You can certainly ask but I’d be prepared with an alternate plan in case it can’t be accommodated. If you need to prepare food in your room, you should reserve a room type including a kitchenette. There may be fire code rules against cooking (microwaves, toasters, hot plates, etc.) in standard hotel rooms that weren’t designed to include such devices.
I think I saw that thread too, but can’t find it.
If I remember correctly, someone posted a link to a question in the Disney Panel with pretty much the same answer as you gave.

This was a few years ago but we were able to get a microwave at Port Orleans Riverside. They said they had a limited number of microwaves they have for medical purposes and it’s just a request, but we did receive one for our stay.

Unfortunately, my ability to eat is severely limited due to a plethora of medical conditions. Is it possible to request a microwave at a deluxe hotel?

I have requested (and recieved) a microwave before. It's really hit or miss. They are few and far between (though I was told it's easier at Deluxes because they have them around for the DVC rooms) and first ask, first get.

Good luck.

All the WDW DVC have microwaves. You could rent points and stay DVC.

So as an FYI there is a hot discussion in the DVC threads as the new VGF2 builds do not have microwaves in the studios.

They are 2 queen bed ooms with just a fridge/beverage cooler. So just good to know for folx who may do DVC rentals because of a microwave.

So as an FYI there is a hot discussion in the DVC threads as the new VGF2 builds do not have microwaves in the studios.

Well, VGF2 does not even exist yet, so no one knows whether or not it will or won't have whatever. As of right now, all of the WDW DVC rooms have microwaves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!