Mickey's very merry christmas party worth it?

Kim Gillihan

Kluvdisney
Is it worth the extra money? We are doing both Universal and Disney and we can do Universal our first night at no extra charge, they have a special buy 2 days get 2 days... so doing the party is an extra 100 bucks pp we don't have to spend....

Thanks in advance!

Judging by your post it doesn't sound like you think its worth it so I'm not going to try to convince you.
For ME its worth it.
I have been to it one time 5 years ago and I really liked it and if it were just my family going we would be doing it, my challenge is we are going with friends and money is more tight for them so I don't think I can talk them into spending the money... thats the real issue.. so I was hoping to figure out if it was worth me trying to talk them into it not... make more sense?

For them its an extra 400 bucks... for 4 hours. Its been so long for me, are the crowds a lot less? Why is it so worth it to you? I wouuld like to pass that info on so we can make a final decision. Thanks so much!

I have been to it one time 5 years ago and I really liked it and if it were just my family going we would be doing it, my challenge is we are going with friends and money is more tight for them so I don't think I can talk them into spending the money... thats the real issue.. so I was hoping to figure out if it was worth me trying to talk them into it not... make more sense?

For them its an extra 400 bucks... for 4 hours. Its been so long for me, are the crowds a lot less? Why is it so worth it to you? I wouuld like to pass that info on so we can make a final decision. Thanks so much!

Helps if you lead with the info.
If money is tight I wouldn't bring it up.
They may feel too pressured and spend money they don't have.
Its not 4 hours. Its 7pm-12am plus you can get in as early as 4pm.
I find it worth it because I love Christmas.
There's just a different atmosphere during the party.
You get treats.
Lines are short.

I would save your money. Between the holiday events at DHS and EP that are included in your ticket, the resort decorations and the DS events, there is plenty of Christmas to do at Disney without spending money on the party.

Just read this part - I wouldn't do it. As I said, there are plenty of Christmas activities in DHS and EP that are included with your ticket. You could see Jingle Bell Jingle Bam in DHS, do the Candlelight Processional at EP and see the Christmas storytellers, tour the monorail resorts, etc. (and even see Holiday Wishes from an MK resort) and not spend an extra dime. I would definitely not try to convince a family with a tight budget to spend an extra $400 on MVMCP.

They can enjoy a lot of meals and souvenirs for that same 400 dollars. If you know money is tight for them, I don't think you should bring it up.

My husband and I have enjoyed the party in the past, but it's unlikely we'll do it on this trip. Not because it isn't a heck of a lot of fun, but because there's plenty of other Christmassy things for us to do and we've decided we'd rather spend our money elsewhere.

And if we change our minds, we can purchase tickets on the day of the party.

The party doesn't make or break our trip. It's just a nice extra, and not something we need to do every time.

Thank you for all the great advice.. I agree that the party would be nice and I would love to but we will be able to get the Christmas spirit with out it.. I don't want to cause any stress this is already an expensive vacation with air and tickets to both disney and universal so... I thnk we will be fine.. we don't want to split up as we don't have tons of time in general and my son wants to hang with the other family's son etc. It will be a great time!!

Is it worth the extra money? We are doing both Universal and Disney and we can do Universal our first night at no extra charge, they have a special buy 2 days get 2 days... so doing the party is an extra 100 bucks pp we don't have to spend....

Thanks in advance!
We were planning on doing the party as well. But after hearing how crowded it gets, I find it’s not worth it for ME. The “free” cookies and hot chocolate are not worth that much. IMHO there are plenty of other ways to get into the Christmas spirit and not spend an extra $100 pp.
We went to our first MNSSHP last year at the end of August and it was great. We did it again this year and it was clearly over sold. It was super crowded, even more crowded than a regular day...lines for everything were insane. The kids still loved it but it was super disappointing me and DH.

Thanks in advance!

I have been going to Disney since 2004. I did the Christmas party for the first time last December. It was ok...

I liked the treat stations. I enjoyed the special shows/fireworks/parade. However, I felt like it was too crowded for a hard ticket event. The lines were long and it felt congested. I’d rather pay $20 or $30 more for my ticket and have smaller crowds.

I don’t regret doing it, but I also won’t go out out of my way to do it again.

Lines are short.

So, if you have seen some of the other posts about the hard ticket events, that is not always the case.

We did the Christmas party about three years ago, and I do agree, at that time the lines were short. In my case, we have AP, so I was not really inclined to pay more for the evening. However, we were meeting up with other family who were in town for just a day (they were on a cruise), and it was a better option for them to do the MVMCP.

The impression that many people have is that there is a limited number of tickets sold, which would translate to shorter lines. However, Disney does not promise shorter lines...

I did it several years ago and for me it was a one and done. It was very crowded the night we were there and I didn't think the lines were that much shorter or the parade less crowded than during the regular days there. I'd take the extra day at Universal.

So, if you have seen some of the other posts about the hard ticket events, that is not always the case.

We did the Christmas party about three years ago, and I do agree, at that time the lines were short. In my case, we have AP, so I was not really inclined to pay more for the evening. However, we were meeting up with other family who were in town for just a day (they were on a cruise), and it was a better option for them to do the MVMCP.

The impression that many people have is that there is a limited number of tickets sold, which would translate to shorter lines. However, Disney does not promise shorter lines...
I've been to MVMCP and MNSSHP several times including last month. Each time I've done one the lines have been short. That is what I based my post on.

We are in your shoes as well. Our trip is from 12-8 to 12-16 and I'm leaning towards not going. There are four of us and we could do a lot for that $400. Our "kids" are 18 and 22 and this is our first Christmas trip. I'm intrigued by the above post about watching Christmas fireworks from outside the park. Has anyone done that? Are they different from regular show?

We've done it 2 separate years and that's enough for us. The crowds are absolute insanity. I mean--beyond.
I think it's worth it to do once to see what it's all about.
If it's decorations you're after, you can see those at night on non-party nights.

I just advised my own family not to do the party. Years ago, it was definitely worth it but I believe that they sold a lot less tickets then and I felt it actually had more of a party type atmosphere. We have gone in recent years, however, and it was very overcrowded; we experienced longer waits during the party than there were earlier that day. It was absolutely not worth it to us, the prices do not justify the experience, in our opinion. The only things that we went for were the parade and the fireworks, otherwise we felt you could do everything else during regular park hours. And, if you think about it, even the fireworks can be seen from somewhere outside the park.

We loved it. Did it last year and wasn’t that crowded at all. Kids got to do what ever they wanted, and we made it all around the park. Got tickets again for this year and we can’t wait.

We were planning on doing the party as well. But after hearing how crowded it gets, I find it’s not worth it for ME. The “free” cookies and hot chocolate are not worth that much. IMHO there are plenty of other ways to get into the Christmas spirit and not spend an extra $100 pp.
We went to our first MNSSHP last year at the end of August and it was great. We did it again this year and it was clearly over sold. It was super crowded, even more crowded than a regular day...lines for everything were insane. The kids still loved it but it was super disappointing me and DH.
wow, if it is that crowded... does sound a little dissapointing...we are just saving the money and doing universal... just makes the most financial sense!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!