Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Central 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
HollyJoy - I was there the 7th and haven't received our pictures yet. BTW I have exactly the same picture of my kids in Bruce's mouth!

My 2cents,
a little dissapointed this year, not enough to keep me from going again. This was our 2nd MVMCP. Only 2 stops for cocoa and cookies, it was really cold on the 14th, this treat was necessary. I went into the ice cream shop on mainstreet to get treats for my family of 4, CM asked to see all 4 tickets! DH had the tickets. Come on!!! For what we spend at DIsney, I can't get 4 cookies and some cocoa?!? Anyway, little things like that tick me off. I simply took one treat at a time out to the family, all wrapped up cozily watching the parade. My biggest disappointement was the weather, 42 felt like 30. This was nobody's fault, but I will have to choose an earlier date next time.

As we were leaving MK on Friday, 17th around 4:30, we saw a family with 2 small kids being turned away and were told the earliest they could get in was 6:00!!!! Oh My Goodness!!!! I am so glad we were 'late' for our party (we got there at about 5:45). I felt sorry for the family that had to entertain 2 little kids for 2 hours before they could get in. At least the reason we were late is everyone was sleeping at 4, so they could make it past midnight...:)
Had a great time anyway. :wave:

We went to MVMCP for the first time on the 30.

I thought that it was fantastic!!!

We got our pictures Friday. My in-laws got theirs Thursday!

I loved the snow on Main Street. It was just like the Christmas snow we get without the bitter cold!

Paula H said:
HollyJoy - I was there the 7th and haven't received our pictures yet. BTW I have exactly the same picture of my kids in Bruce's mouth!

Wasn't it hard to climb in there? Us making such silly faces wasn't so far fetched! LOL We have a couple of just the girls smiling, but thought it would be funnier to act like we were being eaten! LOL Fun!

We did MVMCP on the dreaded final day Decemer 17th. It was great! I prepared mentally for the worst crowds. All advice said go another night! We could only go on the 17th. I'm so glad we did! We didn't find the crowds that bad. Then again, we're kind of use to them. We only go during holiday season. Thanksgiving or Christmas. I wouldn't hesitate to go to MVMCP on it's final night what-so-ever! We entered just after 4pm without a problem. We saw the special shows we wanted to see. We ate at LTT as encouraged by fellow DISers. We even got in main attractions with short waits.

We went on 12/16 and had one of the most wonderful nights at Disney we've ever had. It was not too crowded, the shows were terrific and watching the Christmas parade at night (while drinking hot chocolate) is fantastic! We'll watch it on Christmas morning but it won't be as good in the day as night. I was getting a little worried after hearing all the negative comments about it, but I HIGHLY recommend MVMCP!

kate7047 said:
We've gone for 10 years in a row and I feel that for the past 2-3 years things have really been going downhill steadily. (We went on 12/10.) They have really "cheaped out" in a ton of ways, but the biggest slap is no pins this year. I NEVER had not gotten one before. They have steadily decreased the number of hot chocolate and cookie stations. There used to be at least 6, one in each "land" and another near Liberty Square. This year only 2. There were also only 2 photo stations this year, tho they did have 4 photographers at the one between Adventureland and Frontierland. Even the cookie and hot chocolate quality has decreased! Plain round sugarcookies, no cookie shapes, no sprinkles, no marshmallows etc. Last year they substantially dropped the photo quality. My photo from 1994 is less faded that 2003! I also suspect they are really cramming more people in. We've always gone on a Friday (well, at least since they stopped doing Saturdays several years ago) which has always been "sold out", but the "sell out" crowds are MUCH higher. I'm really mad about the pins and if anybody got pins that night I'd be surprised. I saw lots of people who (like me) have all their pins from MVMCPs past on their Mickey-Santa hats but NO ONE had a new pin. Sheesh! We've gone annually since my 13 year old daughter was 3, and I had fully expected to be bringing my grandchildren to MVMCP some day, but this may very well be our last year for this event.

Captured a lot of my feelings. Still not sure we will skip it next year, as my DD8 thinks of it as a "tradition", but that decision is now far from automatic

We went on Dec. 12th and it seemed very crowded to me compared to every other day on our trip. My best guess is that more locals go on a weekend night so next time we will get tickets for a weeknight.

Just wondering if anyone who attended the 12/5 (or earlier) MVMCP has received their complimentary photo yet? I believe the photographer said 7-10 business days. Thanks!

From Sunkissed: Just wondering if anyone who attended the 12/5 (or earlier) MVMCP has received their complimentary photo yet? I believe the photographer said 7-10 business days. Thanks!

Hi Sunkissed! I just called the number on the photo order sheet this morning -- I went in November and have not received mine, either. The lady told me that they had a hiccup in getting them out to us and we should expect them by the end of this week. She said that if we did not receive them by then, to call back and they would re-send the photo.

We went to the party on 12/5. We took our pictures in Adventureland around 7:45. We got both sets in the mail last week on the same day. We had a picture taken of the four of us and we also took one of just the kids. They sent us two of each one for a total of four pictures. We had filled out two forms while we were in line. The pictures came out pretty well.

Sunkissed said:
Just wondering if anyone who attended the 12/5 (or earlier) MVMCP has received their complimentary photo yet? I believe the photographer said 7-10 business days. Thanks!

We attended 12/10 and got our pics last week.

Just wondering, if you were going to send a "critique" regarding MVMCP where/how would you send it? I looked under the Disney site and didn't see any "contact us" info.
We were at MVMCP 12/10 and while my DH & I put on a "happy face" for our kids we thought it was terrible! We had a window from 4:30 until a little after 6 where there was no one there & we got on alot of rides...then it turned into a mob scene! We didn't get on any rides after that, since we were there all day and had very minimal lines during the day it was hard to get the little ones to stand in line 30min or more. We didn't get our photo since the 4 times we went by the lines were ridiculously long. People were so rude during the parade pushing/shoving etc., I think everyone was just aggravated by how unbelievably crowded it was. It was our first party of any sort and we were very disappointed.

THanks for the feedback! Anyone know if I call tomorrow, will the office be open? THanks again puckerup:

We also went that night.. got ours in the mail a week or so ago. Turned out OK.. I didn't realize you could fill out more than one form, but we did get 3 pictures since there were 3 of us in the group. I wanted 2 poses, but they were too busy to even think about it! We did use them for Xmas gifts though!

We went on the 14th it was cold and aweful, but we all learn from our mistakes, some people enjoy it and others do not, to me it was not worht te money, there was nothing done that night that i could not have done during the day. So even though i am returning in dec 2006 and going to disney, i will not do the party again.

I was just wondering this myself. I was there Dec 2nd and haven't gotten my photo yet. Can people post when they get their photos? I'm not sure where my photo receipt is either (oops).

Sorcha

Just received our picture today December 24, 2004 and it’s not us! :confused3
My wife said it was the family in front of us (she has a good memory).

We had our picture taken after the first parade at the Time Keeper
In Tomorrowland on Thursday, December 2, 2004; after waiting 25 minutes
in line.

We will try to call and see if we can get our picture; we’ll let you know
What happens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter