Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Central 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy to hear the positive posts for MVMCP, thanks!! We have tickets for Thursday and I was geting a little nervous. I think with all the great info from this thread, we will plan accordingly and go to the second parade, get our picture early and shop for pins and shirts early!! Thanks everyone!! :hyper:

We went Sunday, December 12th.

We had perfect weather. There wasn't a cloud in a sky. We started out in long sleeved shirts for the first couple of hours.

We arrived at 3:55pm and waited and went through the gates at 4:00pm.
We got our free double stroller.

We spent the first 40 minutes taking pictures of the christmas tree and main street. I got a box full of fudge.

We went through Adventureland but it was still busy so we headed over to Splash Mountain and walked right on. How cool is that!

We then headed back to Alladin's Magic Carpet ride and walked right on to it also. After that, we went right back on again without any wait.
They started shutting down the rides a little after 6pm.
We made our way to the shop with all the sports clothes around 6:10 to 6:15. Just after we entered the store, they gated off the store entrance. We made our purchases and headed to the baby station to take care of the kids.

We finally made our way to Tomorrowland around 6:40. We heard the announcement that the party was officially starting around 6:45 so we immediately headed over to Fantasyland. Wow! You wouldn't believe it. We walked right onto Pooh, then Snow White, Dumbo, Carrosel, Peter Pan, and then Mickey's Philharmonic. We had no waits at all and completed all those rides in a little over half an hour. We couldn't believe it. We then went to the Tea Cups and only waited five minutes there. We found Alice, the rabbit, and Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum by the Tea Cups also.
We then went back to Tomorrowland and rode TTA.

After some bathroom breaks and adding another light layer shirts. We headed over to the bridge that connects Tomorrowland to the Main Hug. We staked out a spot on the edge of the bridge at around 8pm for the fireworks. Wishes was wonderful. After Wishes we walked to the front of the castle for the show there. We waited about five or ten minutes there for the show. It was a pretty nice show.

After the show we slowly headed over to Frontierland to find a spot for the parade. Again, after bathroom breaks, we found a spot in front of a hot pretzel and churro cart. I think we waited maybe 20 minutes or so for the parade. It ended up going pretty fast because we picked up some snacks for the kids to munch on. Then they picked out their light up toys from the carts going by. There were cast members going along the route with games for the kids to play also. The parade was really nice also.

The last request from the kids was to ride the Indy Speedway cars so we headed back to Tomorrowland to ride those. We got to the cars around 11:45 or so. We only waited in line there a few minutes. They started to shut down the rides right around 12:00pm.

We finally started to walk out with crowd around 12:30pm. I thought for sure we would have to wait for the monorail but we didn't. We walked right up and got on the very next monorail. The same thing happened with the tram in the parking lots.

I did have a plan mapped our for the evening thanks to all you fellow DIS'rs. We make some changes here and there depending on how the crowds were. All in all, we had a wonderful time.

Thanks again everyone for all the great tips and advice.
Beth
:wave:

We went Thursday the 9th. We were let in at 3:50pm and did rides until 5pm with no lines!! Went on some twice in a row!!! Headed over to tomorrrowland and saw the beautiful xmas show. Did a few more rides like buzz, transit, indy twice....went to adventureland got wonderful seats for the parade and fireworks. got our hot choc. and cookies and made our way down main street and out of the park by 10 pm since the little ones were zonked and tired. No strollers this year for us and they handled it well. By doing the party on a weekday, it worked out with less crowds. Fri the 10th was sold out and I'm sure the lines were longer. I had read posts where people were questioning going to this party and were negative about it. I'm glad we did it. :cool1: Del

We have a single adult ticket available for the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party for Friday 12/17/04. If you are intrested please contact us immediately at: mwisdom562@aol.NOSPAM.com. Just remove the NOSPAM item to email us...

Hi,

Today I was in search of an adult ticket and FINALLY found one. In the process I came across a childs ticket for 12/17 on sale at Ebay (no auction:buy it now) from the same woman. She has 100% positive feedback and health problems in her family which prevent her from going. Just type the item listing #2294738501 in the search box at the right hand top of ebay.com home page. SHe's asking what she paid for it ($28.71 plus $13.95 USPS Overnight shipping. HURRY before it's gone.

Just thought I'd pass along the news. I know there's alot of you out there looking.

We still have an extra adult ticket for Friday, 12/17. We will be driving to Orlando from Jacksonville Friday morning. Please contact us immediately if interested at mwisdom562NOSPAM@aol.com. Just remove NOSPAM from email address to send...

We did the party on Friday, December 10. I doubt I'll do it again. I just don't see what the big deal is. Just an expensive e-ride night. We got there around 7:30 (me, my mom, my sister, my BIL, my 5 yo niece and baby niece). MK was more crowded during the party than the day before. We rode Pirates with no wait and Alladin too. Got our pic taken with no wait and saw some characters. Got ready for the fireworks, saw the late parade and castle show and it was 11:15. We got nothing accomplished and didn't do half the special event things. It just didn't do it for us, but we're glad we tried it and now the MNSSHP is off my to do list!

We're packed and ready to leave in an hour when school is out. Hope everyone going to MVMCP on the 17th has a great time!! Crowded or not, I'm just excited to be going. It's our first December trip in 7 years..

We are going next year to the Christmas party for our first time, to be exact Decemeber 2nd. We were all excited about they're being now crowds, but we are getting worried because the Cheerleading Championships will be there the 4-11th, right during our stay. I was wondering if anyone was down with them this year and can tell me how the crowds were?!? Cause if it was crowded we are considering going down the day after thanksgiving, what does everyone think?

We were there from the 2nd to the 11th this year. We did see cheerleaders, probably starting on the 6th. They didn't take over the park or anything, they didn't make it extra crowded. We heard a few 'team spirit' cheers while in line and saw little cheerleaders (grade school age) having to walk in lines. I actually only remember seeing them in their 'groups' at MK. We went the week after Thanksgiving in 99 and this trip did seem a little bit more crowded, but nothing notworthy. And the lines were suprisingly short, there just seemed to be alot more 'bodies' in the open areas than there seemed to be during our last visit.

We were there last week. I think I started seeing the cheerleader groups on Monday or Tuesday, and there were a few groups on our flight coming home on Saturday. Although there seemed to be "groups" of them in the parks, the lines were short, and all week, we only used two fast passes (Test Track and Splash). I will share, however, a conversation I overheard while waiting for DH and DD to come out of pirates: the man sitting next to me was on his cell phone and was apparently a chaperone or coach. He loudly complained into his phone that the kids were running wild through the hotel (I think they were staying at All Stars) and that alot of the kids were being left in their rooms alone at night while the adults went out. So... I would certainly want to find out where the teams are staying and avoid that resort.

The "crowds" weren't bad at all. I went to MVMCP on Friday and again on Tuesday. The Friday one was quite crowded compared to Tuesday's (which was not sold out), but the daily "crowds" at the parks were non-existent - longest wait? About 10 minutes. Most attractions didn't even have the FastPass machines on - didn't need 'em!! :)

I'll post more about this on the trip report on my site ASAP.

After reading about MVMCP here on the boards, I decided I HAD to go...esp for the snow on Main Street!!!! But December 10 was sold out. I tried everything, as that was the only night I could go...but ;people were willing to pay outrageous prices on EBAY.

I was picking my sister up at the airport Friday and we didn't want to waste a day entry fee for only half a day...so the party seemed perfect ESPECIALLY after reading on this board that we could go in at 4!!!! But because we couldn't find tickets, we decided to go to Universal instead. THEN, my sister's plane was delayed til afternoon. So Universal was out. I got a late message on my cell phone that someone had tickets for us and would meet us at the park at 4:00. But we couldn't make it back from the airport in time...I was hoping they might leave the tickets at Will Call, and they were also eating in a restaurant at the park...but I couldn't get IN to find them.
So we left (at 5:00) to check into our hotel. Came back at 6:30 but no one was selling extras (the parking lot attendant even told us that it was ILLEGAL (not true if selling at cost BTW...and he wouldn't let us park, so we parked over at the Contemporary. Still no tickets but a very nice CM, Matthew, at the will call window, said he would exchange Dec 12 tickets for that night, the 10th. He didn't have to, he just did it so we could get into the park...what a nice man!!!

SO: we didn't get in until about 8:00 but right in time for the parade which my sister videod no problem (less crowded than regular parades). We watched a castle show that was ok, checked out some rides and hidden Mickeys...not much of a line anywhere. We found out where the cocoa was: The Golden Horseshoe Review....as much as you wanted, no lines! Photos had BIG lines, so we waited until we were soaked at Splash Mountain and the park was closing and had photos taken then...about 15 minute line.
Having done it, I don't think I 'd do it again unless I wasn't going to the parks that day...and then it is a good value @ $39 for 4pm-midnight. But the price was worth it JUST to see Wishes. For some reason there was NO CROWD and we watched from just left of the front of the castle....it was spectacular!!! The ending was awesome and we felt we were in the center of the fireworks. I don't know if they do the same ending for regular park Wishes...but I am surely glad I got to see it up close!!!

For those of you with tickets: go and have a grand time. If you aren't into parades (I'm not) then ride rides during parade time. If you aren't a fan of the front of the castle shows....enjoy looking for hidden mickeys. You will have fun, and the crowds weren't bad, even on sold out Dec 10.

If you don't have tickets: depending on other park hours, you may not need to go the extra mile for this party. Wishes is shown to all on Saturdays when MK stays open for all guests until midnight...fireworks at 10pm.

I think if I were staying on site, I'd drive over to one of the monorail resorts and park. I drove to the Contemporary and parked right up against the fence for MK near where the buses let you off...a short walk into the park, no lines. Also, if you go early, at 4, you won't need to deal with the lines that are heavy from @7:00pm until even 8.

Enjoy!

Colorado Belle

Colorado Belle said:
I think if I were staying on site, I'd drive over to one of the monorail resorts and park. I drove to the Contemporary and parked right up against the fence for MK near where the buses let you off...a short walk into the park, no lines. Also, if you go early, at 4, you won't need to deal with the lines that are heavy from @7:00pm until even 8.

It was quite frustrating when I stayed at the Contemporary in 2002 for MVMCP so I could walk or take the monorail, that we could never find a parking space for our car on MVMCP nights because people park there from other resorts to go to MK! It's not what the Contemporary, the GF or the Poly's parking are for. I sure hope everyone going to MVMCP and MNSSHP does NOT take your advice. If you want Contemporary convience to MK, then stay there, IMHO.

We've gone for 10 years in a row and I feel that for the past 2-3 years things have really been going downhill steadily. (We went on 12/10.) They have really "cheaped out" in a ton of ways, but the biggest slap is no pins this year. I NEVER had not gotten one before. They have steadily decreased the number of hot chocolate and cookie stations. There used to be at least 6, one in each "land" and another near Liberty Square. This year only 2. There were also only 2 photo stations this year, tho they did have 4 photographers at the one between Adventureland and Frontierland. Even the cookie and hot chocolate quality has decreased! Plain round sugarcookies, no cookie shapes, no sprinkles, no marshmallows etc. Last year they substantially dropped the photo quality. My photo from 1994 is less faded that 2003! I also suspect they are really cramming more people in. We've always gone on a Friday (well, at least since they stopped doing Saturdays several years ago) which has always been "sold out", but the "sell out" crowds are MUCH higher. I'm really mad about the pins and if anybody got pins that night I'd be surprised. I saw lots of people who (like me) have all their pins from MVMCPs past on their Mickey-Santa hats but NO ONE had a new pin. Sheesh! We've gone annually since my 13 year old daughter was 3, and I had fully expected to be bringing my grandchildren to MVMCP some day, but this may very well be our last year for this event.

We went to MMVCP on Dec 14th. This was our first time. We had a wonderful time. We had no problem with any lines. Including the lines for pictures. Walked onto all the rides except Pooh. We thought it was trully magical. It was even winter like that night. Temps were in the 30's by 11pm. :earseek: Loved the parade. Hot cocoa was a nice way to warm up. We were actually staying at Universal and took a cab to Poly for dinner then took a cab from Cont back. The day after MVMCP DS asked why Universal doesn't love Christmas as much as Disney because they didn't decorate like Disney does. I would recommend this to anyone. In fact we are planning a Disney trip next Dec. just for this!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter