Mickey's -B-Q ???

gayles

DIS Veteran
Tell me about it --- Do the Kid's get to line Dance -- ? Is the Food like on a Picnic Table ? Do you just show up and get in Line ( and of course pay ) Any help will be nice .--- Boy's are 6 & 4 Yrs.

MBYBBQ is one of our kids favorites. We have gone twice. We arrived early & you wait for awhile then 1st time Goofy was there for a photo op, the 2nd time it was Chip & Dale. After that while you wait there are a few tables where you can play checkers & a CM comes around with paper cups of lemonade or fruit punch. Then when you get in there are long rows of picnic tables. The food is buffet style. There is pretty much entertainment going on all evening. For the dancing the kids just went out on the floor with the characters, chaotic at times, lol. Will post pictures.

This is my DD's favorite character meal. It is her #1 must do of the trip. There are long picnic style tables set up around a dance floor. The food is set-up buffet style at the back. There is a live band playing country music. Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Chip, and Dale are there. The characters do not come to the tables. They are only out dancing on the floor (no autographs). There is also a rope trick show. The kids are allowed to sit around the dance floor to watch. They also do a kids conga line around the area. There are free alcoholic beverages for the adults and there is also Mickey ice cream.

Photo of dance floor during show:
Mickey_BBQ.jpg

It appears that I'm in the minority, but my family didn't enjoy it. It was very hot when we went, too hot. The food was good enough, but the dance floor was chaotic and DD hated it. It's the only Disney dining location that DD has requested we never return to. When the characters came out they were mobbed with kids, and parents crowded around the edges to watch/take photos and video. We actually left early. Character interaction was non-existant unless your kid was one of those who pushed up to the front and held their ground. My DD wasn't one of those kids. :headache:

Obviously everyone has a different opinion though, and your family may love it. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter