Mickey, Minions & more. 2 week holiday. Updated 9/14 - FINAL THOUGHTS

Wow, I sure do hope Disney had gotten better at processing FP+ at attractions. Just getting to that mickey scanner is a chore. I understand it opens up after that, but there has to be a better way. Yikes!

Hahaha, awesome shark photo!!!

OK, I still have about five more pages until I get caught up, you are really updating like crazy with your trip coming up, but I need to reply now because while I was looking at threads on my phone I accidentally unsubscribed myself from your TR! :headache:

I do that quite often, it took me a little while to figure out whose report was missing from my subscriptions!

Here are the comments so far of how far I've got, I was really behind!

Oh no! Not the dreaded Magical Depress envelope!
Don't you guys have the double loader buses in NYC? We've had them in LA for forever!
I really need to go on the People Mover next trip!
I really need to go on the Carousel of Progress too! That's one of my favorites as well. They just need to update the last scene.
I don't think I've taken the Train at WDW, I should do that.
Those Holiday popcorn buckets are really cute, but how many souvenir popcorn buckets does one need around the house?

Great pics of the Land display. As you know I adore the Land! That is an insane FP line for Soarin :scared1:

The shark pic spot empty...that is unheard of. I think our last pic there was 2009 :rolleyes1 You and Vinny got a nice pic there!!! :thumbsup2

Love this! :thumbsup2

I can honestly say I have never been in the mouth of that shark!

Wow to the Soarin FP line! Yikes!

The Christmas display in the land - what that chocolate? It looked really cool.

I love LWTL. It's a great ride!
Thanks.
It was a first time for us.
it was scary.
I think it was but I am really not sure.
it is great.

I wouldn't say I love the Land, but Mark does, and I do enjoy it...it's a good place to cool off, rest your feet and see a different plant that you've missed on previous trips.

WOW....I can't believe that line for the FP for Soarin'.

What a great pic of you and Vinnie with the shark. And I really like the pics of you two outside with the fish.
I definitely do. So peaceful and relaxing.
it was very long. Thank god I didn't have to wait in it.
Thank you.

Living with the Land is one of our favorites, too. Love the picture of you guys in the shark's mouth.
:thumbsup2
Thank you.

I love the christmas display in the land. Never knew they did that. very cool :thumbsup2

wow, that soarin fast pass line looked nuts :scared1:

Cute shark pic :goodvibes
it was very nice.
I would have walked away if I had a pass.
Thanks.

Wow, I sure do hope Disney had gotten better at processing FP+ at attractions. Just getting to that mickey scanner is a chore. I understand it opens up after that, but there has to be a better way. Yikes!

Hahaha, awesome shark photo!!!
Let's hope so.
Thanks.

OK, I still have about five more pages until I get caught up, you are really updating like crazy with your trip coming up, but I need to reply now because while I was looking at threads on my phone I accidentally unsubscribed myself from your TR! :headache:

I do that quite often, it took me a little while to figure out whose report was missing from my subscriptions!

Here are the comments so far of how far I've got, I was really behind!

Oh no! Not the dreaded Magical Depress envelope!
Don't you guys have the double loader buses in NYC? We've had them in LA for forever!
I really need to go on the People Mover next trip!
I really need to go on the Carousel of Progress too! That's one of my favorites as well. They just need to update the last scene.
I don't think I've taken the Train at WDW, I should do that.
Those Holiday popcorn buckets are really cute, but how many souvenir popcorn buckets does one need around the house?
I am trying to finish up being we leave in a week. I know it is a lot but need to finish.
:lmao: to the unsubscribing.
We do. For crosstown buses only.
I do wish they would update the last scene.
You should try it. Relaxing and fun.
I have 4 and don't need more. Okay maybe I do. :rotfl2:

Great pics of the Land display. As you know I adore the Land! That is an insane FP line for Soarin :scared1:

The shark pic spot empty...that is unheard of. I think our last pic there was 2009 :rolleyes1 You and Vinny got a nice pic there!!! :thumbsup2

Thanks. It was crazy and crazier people were waiting.
I was shocked and didn't let the opportunity pass by.
Thanks

Now it was lunch time. I picked an 11:30 lunch so we could be one of the first in (I wanted a table by the tank).

We slowly arrived.

It wasn’t quite 11:30 yet.

We had about a 15 minute wait. A monorail passed us as we waited. I think we all played with our phones. LOL.

Then 10 minutes later another one came by.

Now it was time to go in. Vinny checked us in and we were the first to be taken in. Empty restaurant.

A tree.

Their menu. I always get the same thing here.

As we were first we did get a table by the tank.

Then the food came.

Apps: All three of us got the same thing.

Creamy Lobster Soup - tarragon and brandy $8.49

I looked over and saw this going by.

Bad pic of Jaws.

Can you see the turtle swimming away from us?

Entrees:
Vinny & Scott:

Looks like they changed the menu. I do not believe I have had it with shrimp. I hope it is just as good.

Lobster and Shrimp Orecchiette Pasta - with White Cheddar Cheese and asparagus $29.99

Renee:
Caesar Salad - with grilled chicken breast $15.99

Then the ray came back.

Then we were done and we left.

I love this place. Only one time did we have a bad experience and I think it was because they put us in the back in a booth and back then booths were my enemy. LOL I would recommend this place but I would say get there early so you can choose where you sit.

Total = $77.85 with discount and tip.

Then we took a minute to regroup outside the restaurant.

I think this is a good place to stop.

Up next,

The ride I love and hate.

I always wanted to eat in there, but I hate fish. Good to see they have ceasar salad with chicken during lunch. Might have to consider that for a future trip:goodvibes

Good idea making an early adr to get a good seat :thumbsup2

Very cool to eat with the fishies! We never ate there, but we really don't do ADRs as my family is allergic to being held to a schedule :rotfl: Glad you were the first ones in and got a prime spot!!!!:love:

I always wanted to eat in there, but I hate fish. Good to see they have ceasar salad with chicken during lunch. Might have to consider that for a future trip:goodvibes

Good idea making an early adr to get a good seat :thumbsup2
I think they do have other choices besides fish. You should give it a try. MMM, MMM good.
It is the only way to go. :lmao:

Very cool to eat with the fishies! We never ate there, but we really don't do ADRs as my family is allergic to being held to a schedule :rotfl: Glad you were the first ones in and got a prime spot!!!!:love:
I would love to go with no adr's but Vinny will NOT go without them. He likes to eat. We also go so often we have seen it all so it is nice to take breaks from the parks. :thumbsup2

Lunch looks absolutely YUMMY!
It was. :)

mmmm! lunch looks so good!
It was delicious. :thumbsup2

After lunch what is the best thing to do? Go on a car ride speeding at 65 mph around a track. LOL. Let’s get over there.

My fountain.

I kind of like the way this came out.

Mousegears decorated.

Then we were there.

We entered.

This is the part I HATE.

Here is the car we built.

Sardines I tell you.

Looking back after all got out.

Then we were on the ride and ready to go.

And that was the last of the photos I took on here as I sat back and enjoyed the ride.

Looks like Renee sat this one out. LOL.

I do not think I found us on the board.

The cars.

Then I guess we shopped.

Vinny tried on a hat.

Then we started walking towards the front of the park.

Some of the greenery or redery. LOL.

Hmm, Spaceship Earth. Should we ride or not?

Up next,

Do we ride or go to resort?

Great updates.
I love the Land but that queue for Soarin' is crazy. That was for a FP???
Lunch looks really delicious.
Your pictures of TT are great. Fun ones of the ride; and your car is totally rad!

Scott, I LOVE this picture

I'm with you...I could do without that whole design your car thing. In fact, Mary, the girls and I didn't even do it in June and I don't have a FP for it next week when we are there). Vinny looks bored out of his mind on the car.

And Vinny looks like he has a tail in his face on the hat picture.

I'm going to guess you go back to the resort.

Great updates.
I love the Land but that queue for Soarin' is crazy. That was for a FP???
Lunch looks really delicious.
Your pictures of TT are great. Fun ones of the ride; and your car is totally rad!
Thank you.
Yes it was. The new system working at its best. :lmao: I did like the new system but not that time.
it was very good.
Thanks

Scott, I LOVE this picture

I'm with you...I could do without that whole design your car thing. In fact, Mary, the girls and I didn't even do it in June and I don't have a FP for it next week when we are there). Vinny looks bored out of his mind on the car.

And Vinny looks like he has a tail in his face on the hat picture.

I'm going to guess you go back to the resort.
Thanks. It is one of my faves.
He has ridden it so many times he knows how it goes. Probably thinking of dinner. LOl.
:lmao: he does.
Find out now.

We chose to go on Spaceship Earth.

Renee sat this one out.

Then we were on the ride. Bad pics ahead.

Selfie.

Then it was over.

Here is the video of our future.

Then it was really time to leave the park. Goodbye Spaceship Earth.

Goodbye Bambi.

Goodbye Goofy & Donald.

Then we at the buses.

We had the bus to ourselves.

Decoration at the entrance of SSR.

We still had some time before the Magical Express back to the airport so Vinny and I decided to check out the Grand Floridian Villas. Okay really the model at SSR but still.

Everywhere was decorated.

Then we went inside and asked for a tour. We waited 30 seconds and were on our way.

Here is the shower.

Bed.

Living room area.

Potty.

Looking from kitchen to living room. As you can see we were not alone.

Nice size closet.

Nice tub. Hey Vinny.

The sink.

Their tree as we were leaving.

It was very nice rooms we both agreed but cannot justify the price for it so we will stick with SSR and hopefully next year we will buy in AKL on resale. We are cheap. LOL.

I think I will stop here.

Up next,

We go home.

Guess I was wrong. Those weren't bad pictures on SE.

Love the Bambi topiary.

The GF Villas do look nice, but very pricey...even for renting. But Mark would really like that Dumbo headboard bed. :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter