Mickey, Minions & more. 2 week holiday. Updated 9/14 - FINAL THOUGHTS

Boo for leaving :santa: But, Europe is SO close now!! Hey, what if you stay at SSR in the model for VGF (for the number of points for SSR) of course. You may not get the GF location, but that's one pretty villa! :goodvibes Love the :love: topiaries at Epcot

NOOOOO! You can't be walking to the front of the park....that means it's almost over!
We were and left too. :rotfl2: It is almost over.

Very cool car you guys designed :thumbsup2

Nice hat Vinny :rotfl:
Thanks.
:rotfl2:

Guess I was wrong. Those weren't bad pictures on SE.

Love the Bambi topiary.

The GF Villas do look nice, but very pricey...even for renting. But Mark would really like that Dumbo headboard bed. :rotfl2:
There weren't many. :lmao:
So did I.
It is very pricey and I cannot justify it in my head. I will use our points and stay there eventually. :rotfl2: I am sure he would.

VGF look lovely. Wouldn't it be nice to stay there?

Thanks for sharing.
Maybe one day. Little pricey for points.
:thumbsup2

Boo for leaving :santa: But, Europe is SO close now!! Hey, what if you stay at SSR in the model for VGF (for the number of points for SSR) of course. You may not get the GF location, but that's one pretty villa! :goodvibes Love the :love: topiaries at Epcot
It is close. We leave on Thursday.
I would do that. :rotfl2: That seems fair.

I had my pic taken by the horse.

Ooh! I had a snack. YUM!

Then this showed up.

However it was the right time but not the right bus. We got this.

Then we were on our way. We watched the video they play.

Soon enough we were at the airport and through security and on the monorail.

Night was descending on us.

Not sure if that was our plane or not but it seems kind of early for it according to the pics.

At 7:33 we were on the plane.

8:26 we were here.

I was not allowed to drink yet so I had a cup of tea.

9:18 we were flying over Virginia.

9:37

Then we were over Philadelphia. Hi Lorrie.

I can see you down there. LOL.

9:52 we start our descent into NYC.

You can kind of see the city there.

Might be Queens here. Not really sure. It could be Brooklyn.

One of our many bridges.

Now let me say this. When the announcement came on to buckle up as we start descending the kid in the front row was not happy. He started screaming and crying. NOT because his ears bothered him but because he could not play on his Ipad but because he had to buckle up. LOL. He did not want to wear his seatbelt but he had to and he cried all the way down.

Here is a video of the landing and you will hear him.

http://vid1383.photobucket.com/albu...ember 2013/Day 15/12-20135029_zpsae1d4cb9.mp4

Then we landed and all was good.

10:15 we were seeing this.

Thank you. I feel welcomed.

Then we got our luggage and Renee went to the car she hired to pick her up and we took a taxi home.

The walking for this day was.

And that folks was our Holiday trip.

Up next,

Thoughts and final post

I can't wait to have a Mickey Bar.

Sounds like an uneventful flight home (well, except for the crying kid on the descent).

One of these days I will get to New York.

Enjoyed the TR as always, Scott.

Look forward to your final thoughts.

9:47 you were over Dover De and 9:52 you were starting your descent and you were out of the plane by 10:15? Wow - that would never happen in Philly! Impressive!

So that whole map thing makes me really want to fly Jet Blue (which, of course, does not fly direct out of Philly or fly at all out of Baltimore). I am a total map geek and I would love that. I always want to know where I am when flying.

Loved your TR Scott! Thanks for all the great pictures and details and movies (although I could have done without the crying kid - that would have plucked my last nerve).

Glad you got to tour the VGF models. I hear ya on being cheap, which is which I still can't believe Denny actually wanted a small contract there. :confused3 I'll never figure that one out.

Your TR also made me totally excited to visit the world next Christmas. I miss Christmas in the world and just love all those decorations!

All caught up, Scott!

Those villas at the GF are awesome. We stayed there in February and even though I am not a fan of the GF itself, our studio was just WONDERFUL.

Love the pics of the flight home. And I thought I was the only one who would take pics of the maps on the screen.

Thank god, you have another trip coming up! :thumbsup2

The unMagical Express :sad: but YUM a Mickey Bar :mickeybar

Another great TR Scott, thank you!! And have a great trip!!! (even though it is not a Disney trip)...we shall get back to Disney planning when you get back!!!:flower3:

Welcome home. It's always bitter sweet for me. I am usually happy to head home but I'm always so sad to leave the Disney bubble.

Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to read your wrap-up.

I can't wait to have a Mickey Bar.

Sounds like an uneventful flight home (well, except for the crying kid on the descent).

One of these days I will get to New York.

Enjoyed the TR as always, Scott.

Look forward to your final thoughts.
Jealous.
yes and that is how I like it (not the crying kid though). LOL
I hope you do. I will show you around.
Thanks.
They r brief. LOl

9:47 you were over Dover De and 9:52 you were starting your descent and you were out of the plane by 10:15? Wow - that would never happen in Philly! Impressive!

So that whole map thing makes me really want to fly Jet Blue (which, of course, does not fly direct out of Philly or fly at all out of Baltimore). I am a total map geek and I would love that. I always want to know where I am when flying.

Loved your TR Scott! Thanks for all the great pictures and details and movies (although I could have done without the crying kid - that would have plucked my last nerve).

Glad you got to tour the VGF models. I hear ya on being cheap, which is which I still can't believe Denny actually wanted a small contract there. :confused3 I'll never figure that one out.

Your TR also made me totally excited to visit the world next Christmas. I miss Christmas in the world and just love all those decorations!
The map is why I love flying on Jetblue and also the Bloody Mary.
Thanks for reading. I could have done without too.
That is great you got one. Vinny won't do add-ons for some reason so it will be always resale for us. I won't complain though. LOL.
It is a great time to visit down there.

All caught up, Scott!

Those villas at the GF are awesome. We stayed there in February and even though I am not a fan of the GF itself, our studio was just WONDERFUL.

Love the pics of the flight home. And I thought I was the only one who would take pics of the maps on the screen.

Thank god, you have another trip coming up! :thumbsup2
Lucky you staying there. It did look nice in the model version so I can imagine what the real thing is like.
:lmao: Nope I do it all the time.
3 days to Italy.

The unMagical Express :sad: but YUM a Mickey Bar :mickeybar

Another great TR Scott, thank you!! And have a great trip!!! (even though it is not a Disney trip)...we shall get back to Disney planning when you get back!!!:flower3:
I do love me a Mickey bar.
Thank you. I do have a BIG trip to plan for next year.

Welcome home. It's always bitter sweet for me. I am usually happy to head home but I'm always so sad to leave the Disney bubble.

Thanks for sharing. Can't wait to read your wrap-up.
Thanks. I was happy to head home. It was a long trip.
Thanks for reading.

It was a great trip. It was great meeting Vinny’s friend Gerry as she is a great lady and cannot wait to see her again or possibly be neighbors one day. She welcomed us into her home and was a great hostess.

It was great seeing Vinny’s son, Scott. We do not see him enough and I think that is why Vinny will move once gay marriage is legal in Florida.
The hotel we stayed at by Universal, The Four Points by Sheraton was a great place to stay. If we do Universal again we might stay there as we do not stay on property but now with Cabana Bay we might try that.

Universal was so much fun. It is not Disney but that is good as it is its own park and has a different kind of feel. The thrill rides there are real thrill rides and love them. The Mummy almost made me buy a new pair of shorts but thankfully I was laughing from nerves that it didn’t happen. Still bummed I could not ride Harry but next time I KNOW I will be able too. The water rides were so much fun and so very wet.

The weather on this trip was perfect. It was warm but not too hot. We could swim during the day and it was pleasant at night. I do not remember it raining.

Art of Animation resort. It was a very nice resort and I loved the room but will be in no rush to stay there again unless I can stay in a suite. The food court there is my favorite. Don’t get me wrong the place was very nice but I kind of prefer POP and walk over the bridge to eat.

SSR is such a great resort. It gets a bad rep for being farthest from the parks and not having a Disney feel. I think it has the perfect Disney feel and Grandstand is the best place for us to stay. Next time we go I do want to see if we can get a resort by the Boardwalk area. That would be great to try.

Renting a car. I love this and think we should do it every time as long as it is not too expensive. Just the convenience of running to Walmart or going somewhere else is great.

Of course we love it when Aubrey comes up to see us. Hopefully the next we go she will be able to again.

The parks overall are still great. I personally feel they are making too many changes at once. Kind of is taking the magic away for me but we shall see. We also do not feel the need to rush through the parks. Vinny started going in 2007 to Disney and this was his 9th trip. I feel like we have seen all the rides (some are just definite no's) and it is great we can take the time now and slow down and see what we were missing rushing to a park.

I was worried about my eating there being I was only 2 months our from my surgery but sharing meals with Vinny really worked out and I am hoping in Italy we can do the same thing.

So that was our trip. I want to thank everyone who had read along on this really long journey. Thank you those who have posted and also to the ones who have not posted but read.

Our next trip looks like it will be September or October 2015. We will be starting in San Francisco and working our way down to Disneyland then flying to Orlando for 1 week there. We do have the Italy/Paris trip in 19 days and so excited for that and of course when I return from that I will be posting the pics on my travel blog.

Again thank you for reading and see you real soon. If you want to follow my Italy blog click the link below for my travel blog. Not sure if you have to sign up or not. I do hope to see some of you there when I start it in early October. If you are friends with me on FB than you will see a link posted there.

Again thank you all for following and I will be reading your tr's and I wish you magical dreams.

Nice wrap-up Scott. Your holiday looked like it was so much fun and you really took me through a lot of resorts that I may not ever see. I thank you for that.
I wish you a safe trip to Italy and I hope to see your TR for the Sep/Oct 15 trip posted on the boards.

Safe travels to you too.

Thank you for sharing your trip with us. It has been great!! Loved all your pics

Hope you and Vinny have a great trip!!

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:

Great wrap up! Your 2015 trip sounds wonderful too! I wish I could slow down more, but I am always rushing.
My goal is to eventually have 2 weeks at Disney World! You know after I win the lottery! :thumbsup2

Loved your report Scott. You take such beautiful pictures.

I agree, Universal is it's own thing that doesn't need to be compared to Disney. You can like both. And seeing your photos on FB, there is no doubt you'll be riding HP next time. :thumbsup2

I agree also about the weather. Probably one of the best runs of great weather I've ever had. Just awesome.

I wish you an amazing upcoming European trip which I'm sure is going to be mind blowingly beautiful and fun.

What a nice final thoughts post, Scott. I'm sooooo looking forward to hearing all about your upcoming trip which, by the way, is coming up very very soon.

Great recap, Scott. I enjoyed reading along and meeting everyone. And even more importantly, I enjoyed meeting you on this trip.

Have a great time in Italy!

Nice wrap-up Scott. Your holiday looked like it was so much fun and you really took me through a lot of resorts that I may not ever see. I thank you for that.
I wish you a safe trip to Italy and I hope to see your TR for the Sep/Oct 15 trip posted on the boards.

Safe travels to you too.
Thank you. it was a fun trip.
Thank you. That will be here.
Thanks.

So sad to see the trip end. But a great way to end it - with a Mickey bar!!
Thanks. It was a good way to end it. :thumbsup2

Thank you for sharing your trip with us. It has been great!! Loved all your pics

Hope you and Vinny have a great trip!!

:dance3: :dance3: :dance3:
Thanks for reading. Thank you.
Thanks.

Great wrap up! Your 2015 trip sounds wonderful too! I wish I could slow down more, but I am always rushing.
My goal is to eventually have 2 weeks at Disney World! You know after I win the lottery! :thumbsup2
Thank you. I am looking forward to that and will start planning when we return.
You will get 2 weeks there. :thumbsup2

Loved your report Scott. You take such beautiful pictures.

I agree, Universal is it's own thing that doesn't need to be compared to Disney. You can like both. And seeing your photos on FB, there is no doubt you'll be riding HP next time. :thumbsup2

I agree also about the weather. Probably one of the best runs of great weather I've ever had. Just awesome.

I wish you an amazing upcoming European trip which I'm sure is going to be mind blowingly beautiful and fun.
Thank you.
Thanks. I think now I would be able to get on the ride but you never know.
Same here. We certainly lucked out with weather.
Thank you.

What a nice final thoughts post, Scott. I'm sooooo looking forward to hearing all about your upcoming trip which, by the way, is coming up very very soon.
Thanks.
We leave 3 days from now.

Great recap, Scott. I enjoyed reading along and meeting everyone. And even more importantly, I enjoyed meeting you on this trip.

Have a great time in Italy!
Thank you. I enjoyed meeting you too and hopefully one day in the future our paths will cross again.
Thank you and you have a great time in Florida.

Great report Scott. I read long but didn't always post but I was here. Was great meeting you but I wish we could have spent more time, maybe another time. Enjoy Europe I will look forward to your posts on fb.

Great report Scott. I read long but didn't always post but I was here. Was great meeting you but I wish we could have spent more time, maybe another time. Enjoy Europe I will look forward to your posts on fb.

Thank you. It was great meeting you and yes wish we had more time. Hopefully our paths cross again. Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter