Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Returns in 2022!!!

Any predictions on the "limited capacity" they are touting?

Are we thinking something between MNSSHP and Boo Bash as far as numbers?

Or the "limited" capacity we saw in the last few years of MNSSHP? (Which is to say not limited at all, and very crowded)
Sadly, I think it's the "limited" capacity from the last few years before the pandemic. They are calling this "MNSSHP" not "Boo Bash." Unlike last year, there is no language in the promotional materials promising shorter lines for rides. And the price is more in line with the old party prices than with the After Hours Boo Bash prices from last year.

are these going to be the acutal prices? we are going to be there aug 30, and it seems like the party tix are like, the same as a regular day in the park tickets? my travel agent is making it seem like we'd be better off with another normal day in the park....we were planning on making that an mk day anyway, but it seems like 3 day tickets and mnsshp would cost pretty much the same as 4 day park tickets?

are these going to be the acutal prices? we are going to be there aug 30, and it seems like the party tix are like, the same as a regular day in the park tickets? my travel agent is making it seem like we'd be better off with another normal day in the park....we were planning on making that an mk day anyway, but it seems like 3 day tickets and mnsshp would cost pretty much the same as 4 day park tickets?
I don't know about this time but in 2019 I was able to buy our MNSSHP tickets for a bit of a discount at Sam's Club. If you don't need to buy the day it goes live it does help a bit.

We booked before the halfway to Halloween LAST year and was so bummed when it looked like Holiday celebrations came back differently so (I am a lover of MVMCP) so I have been wringing my hands over our trip this December and let me tell you my heart basically stopped and I started crying when I got the
That's a given.

I don't assume anything with Disney anymore.

We will be there at the end of August and the 23rd looks perfect for us. I think weekends will be very busy. Really looking forward to it and $109 actually seems ok - based on last year I was expecting $159.

I may or may not have impulsively booked a trip for a long weekend yesterday :rolleyes1

After the announcement, my eldest said she wouldn't mind going to MNSSHP this year (we only did it in 2019 for the first time and we weren't impressed at all with Boo Bash).

It clearly didn't take me much convincing at all 🤣

I am so thrilled that they listened to their customers and brought back the best Halloween event in town. I’m going multiple nights. Thanks to all you Disney Executives who heard us all. 😘😍😘
Ummm...are you doing multiple party nights?? I'm pondering doing that too - we did the Christmas party last year and that was our first time and have never done MNSSHP and feel that we might need to 2 nights to see/do everything!

So, I'm not crazy on planning 2 party nights?? :confused3

:rolleyes1

I am so thrilled that they listened to their customers and brought back the best Halloween event in town. I’m going multiple nights. Thanks to all you Disney Executives who heard us all. 😘😍😘
Second best Halloween event in town IMO. HHN surpasses it

Trying to figure it if this is worth it for my family. Can anyone explain what makes this event so special/why you enjoy it so much?

I messaged WDW this morning on the "Chat With Us" part of the MDE app on my phone. Asked them if guests are allowed to bring a WDW light saber into MK during the Halloween party events. CM said yes, those are allowed.

This is going to make my YDD very very happy!

Is it a bad thing if someone reschedules their annual physical because it conflicted with the day MNSSHP tickets go on sale for onsite guests? Asking for a friend :goodvibes .
Heck no!
You can get an appointment any old day!!
Well, it may actually take 2-3 months but whatever!

Edit for incorrect wording/spellcheck 😒

Last edited:
Ummm...are you doing multiple party nights?? I'm pondering doing that too - we did the Christmas party last year and that was our first time and have never done MNSSHP and feel that we might need to 2 nights to see/do everything!

I am thinking of 2 nights too! In 2019 we saw Boo to You and Hocus Pocus but watched fireworks from BTMRR because the kids were obsessed with rides. No meet & greets, didn't do any overlays or Tomorrowland. Would like to do 8/12 and 8/16 so we can see friends and do H2O glow nights too but sounds like the first night is just chaos. Hmm.

I am thinking of 2 nights too! In 2019 we saw Boo to You and Hocus Pocus but watched fireworks from BTMRR because the kids were obsessed with rides. No meet & greets, didn't do any overlays or Tomorrowland. Would like to do 8/12 and 8/16 so we can see friends and do H2O glow nights too but sounds like the first night is just chaos. Hmm.
It’s impossible to do it all in one night. We had the party pass in 2019 and it took us 3 or 4 to check everything off the list.

It’s impossible to do it all in one night. We had the party pass in 2019 and it took us 3 or 4 to check everything off the list.
What do you think about the first night? I'm wondering if we should do 8/12 and 8/16 (would work better with other plans) versus 8/16 and 8/19.

Ummm...are you doing multiple party nights?? I'm pondering doing that too -

I love the way y'all are thinking! I'm actually wondering if I can risk *only* buying tickets for a two nights. Our third party would be the Friday of Columbus Day weekend. We would have been two other parties - a Friday and a Sunday. I'd hate to want to go but have the party sold out, but maybe I'm being greedy and two will be enough? Arggghhh. Anyone want to speculate on expected sell out dates yet?

Trying to figure it if this is worth it for my family. Can anyone explain what makes this event so special/why you enjoy it so much?
I love Halloween and dressing up. This is my favorite time of the year, so everything is decorated for my tastes. The trick'er'treating is amazing, and as an adult it's the only place I get to do that. Also, the only place where I feel safe eating the candy immediately. The Halloween shows are really great. The Parade though... OMG the feeling when the Gravediggers send sparks up and down the street, nothing beats it! Unless it's the clip-clop of Headless. It's the only parade I'll watch twice in one night. Also, the Cadaver Dans, in their costumes singing lonesome cowboy spooky songs. Not to mention special photo opps you can't get anywhere else. Yep, it's definitely worth a try if you like Halloween even a little.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter