Mexican Rivera Travel Alert Concerns

We are only like 6 weeks out now... would they let us make a change like that this close to sail date? This is only our second cruise so still a newbie lol
I think they would allow you to switch. I mean, they're still getting your money even if you cruise later, on a different itinerary. Probably won't refund you though. They were great working with us to change from a Caribbean to a European itinerary back in 2017, the week before Irma.

In 2016 I was booked on the 13 day mediterranean cruise that was supposed to go to Turkey and Greece. A couple months before, they sent out email letting everyone know that due to safety concerns, those 2 ports were being changed. Cruisers were able to change their cruise at no penalty, or get a $1000 onboard credit. Since our flights were already booked, and we had before and after cruise plans in Barcelona and Paris, we opted for the credit. It paid for all my excursions :-) Disappointed at first, but the cruise was AMAZING and the trip could not have been better. Our cruise in 2011 could not dock at cast away due to a hurricane, and no credit was given, just an apology for mother nature. Many passengers were extremely sick due to the bad seas, but we still had a great time. I agree with most of the posts, you have to do what is right for your families. I guess we just have to take more cruises!

In 2016 I was booked on the 13 day mediterranean cruise that was supposed to go to Turkey and Greece. A couple months before, they sent out email letting everyone know that due to safety concerns, those 2 ports were being changed. Cruisers were able to change their cruise at no penalty, or get a $1000 onboard credit. Since our flights were already booked, and we had before and after cruise plans in Barcelona and Paris, we opted for the credit. It paid for all my excursions :-) Disappointed at first, but the cruise was AMAZING and the trip could not have been better. Our cruise in 2011 could not dock at cast away due to a hurricane, and no credit was given, just an apology for mother nature. Many passengers were extremely sick due to the bad seas, but we still had a great time. I agree with most of the posts, you have to do what is right for your families. I guess we just have to take more cruises!
We were on that cruise. It was actually 3 ports that were dropped. Malta, as well as greece and turkey. We did opt to do the cruise since we had never been to the Med, but my wife felt it was too hot, and since she has some mobility issues, some of the ports, such as Monte Carlo, were not very easy to maneuver. She enjoys unsweet iced tea, and iced drinks of any kind were hard to find, and most iced tea's we could find were canned sweet teas, such as Liptons. We did find a Hard Rock Cafe that apologized that the iced tea was fresh brewed. :-)

I've done a few Mexican Rivera cruises on DCL and during the one of my cruises right after we departed Cabo DCL made an announcement that our port stop in Puerto Vallarta was canceled due to safety concerns. We ended up visiting Cabo twice with a sea day in between. All excursions booked through DCL where refunded and although I'm sure they where some people upset I didn't mind at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter