Meryll83's SBP/Citrico's/Morocco PJ - Update: Trip Report now underway!!

Mine runs 2:30-3:30 ceremony. 3:30-4:30 pre reception 4:30-8.30 reception and then 8:30-9.30 dessert party

thats what i can remember off the top of my head

I didnt want a break as we wouldnt have one here so made sure it all ran smoothly

So if I allow:
  • 1 hour for ceremony.
  • 1 hour for pre-reception (is this for while we have our photos done? Any suggestions of where would be good for pre-reception if guests are going from WP to LSS for reception and we would probably like some of our photos done around the WP area and possibly the Boardwalk area if Randy lets us!?)
  • Up to 4 hours for reception.
  • Break here if there is to be one, I suppose at least 3 hours needed for it to be worthwhile.
  • Then 8pm for dessert party (does this finish at 9.30pm latest?)

Yes I'm sure thats how ours goes but all my paperwork is at home adn I'm working so cant remember

i'm not sure where our pereception is just yet but i know that our dessert party starts at 8:30 and i'm thinking of walking from ariels sow e can get some good photos alont the way. We have misty booked for 6 hours but our usher is a photographer over here but he is DF sisters husband so we didnt wantt oask him to take photos all day so he is just doing the dessert party

Meryll,

Did you say you were having your reception at LSS? I believe they have a separate room in the LSS for just the pre-reception.

We have misty booked for 6 hours but our usher is a photographer over here but he is DF sisters husband so we didnt wantt oask him to take photos all day so he is just doing the dessert party
That's mighty handy!

Meryll,

Did you say you were having your reception at LSS? I believe they have a separate room in the LSS for just the pre-reception.
So is that! :lmao: Well at least that may be one problem solved pretty quickly if that's the case! We now have a prospective pre-reception location. Now to find some pictures of it....

I'm wondering whether to have a photographer all day, but that might get expensive.
Are there any parts of the day we could manage without one and then perhaps have them return for the dessert party later on?
Mind you, it's only gonna happen once and I don't want anything to get missed!

Generally the pre-reception is in the same location as the reception (just in another room). I know for Ariels the Martha Vineyand Lounge is right next door and for ADH they have an upstairs.

Linda

OK, so now I'm wondering, if we want some of the wedding party and possibly friends as well to be in the photos we have taken after the ceremony, how would this work with the pre-reception?
I'm thinking if we do group pictures at the WP area and then the guests can go off to the pre-reception after that, we could then go to the BW just the two of us for some photos done in that area.
Does this sound about right?
I don't expect we'd be more than an hour getting to the LSS after we leave the guests.
Is there a minimum time a pre-reception needs to be?

I found another bouquet I like whilst looking up Halloween Horror Nights on Theme Park Review of all places!
ceremony14.jpg

But I still like this one best I think:
blurredbouquet.jpg

I just need to remember where I found the picture so I can get a better close up of it!! This particular picture must have come from a photographer's web site, but I must have linked to it through a message board thread somewhere I'm sure!

And MK Photos
Ok so with the MK Photoshoot, do you just get 12 photo prints and that's it?
Or can you get a CD with all of your photos on?
$800 (or whatever it is now, coz everyone keeps saying the online prices are out of date!) seems rather a lot if you just get a limited number of photos, but I've always wanted the MK portrait session since the idea of a Disney wedding first came up!

I'm now caught up in the Misty or Randy trap.

I really like the effects used by Misty and that she offers a CD only package, I also here you get two photographers with her, although whether this still applies for CD only I'm not sure.

I always thought I would go for Randy until I looked at her work. But then a lot of what I like about her work are the special effects, and obviously I would like some standard photos - does anyone know if the CD includes the original photos as well as the altered ones?

Another deciding factor may be the plans I have for our photos. (At the moment anyhow!)
If we are having the ceremony at the WP, then I would like to have all our photos with friends and family around this area and at the beach. I'm then hoping that our guests can go to the pre-reception at the LSS, while me and Si have a quick photo session at the Boardwalk, as this is one of our favourite areas of WDW.
Will either photographer allow this?
And do we need to arrange our own transport there?

I've been wondering about transport in general actually. The guests will have the coach to transport them about, but do the bride and groom have to hire one of the arrival cars for the day to transport them around?

I can see this going waaaaay over the minimums. Shame that the WP adds an extra $1000, but I can't think of any other location that I haven't already ruled out.....
And having the ceremony before 2pm would also help, but I wouldn't know how to fill in the time leading up to the dessert party but I don't think I'd want a break in the middle either.....

from wht i gather you get all the photos both normal and then any photshopped ones from misty. I got a few of the passwords for her online bit and they include both.

I agree with you about photos we are wanting the same and I think as long as you advise disney it will be fine. when we signed out contract with misty she sent us a sheet of photos we want etc and its a lond list so i dont think you will have any props getting the pics you want. As long as you tell her you want pics at the broadwalk and let disney know I'm sure it wont be a problem.

We are going to stick to the min spend and I think its very doable. i saw someones beo on here with taxes added and when I worked out what we wanted it was under the $10k min and I know it was based on this years prices but it was like$2k under! We are not ahving minnie or mickey or anything like that so i guess that can push the price up but i think its very doable to stay within budget

We are going to stick to the min spend and I think its very doable. i saw someones beo on here with taxes added and when I worked out what we wanted it was under the $10k min and I know it was based on this years prices but it was like$2k under! We are not ahving minnie or mickey or anything like that so i guess that can push the price up but i think its very doable to stay within budget

Thanks for the advice on Misty!

We are planning on sticking to the minimums but it's hard whan the majority of what I'm going by price wise is the wishbook, and I'm sure that dessert party / reception / pre-reception prices can vary enormously depending on what food you choose and any drinks packages etc.
Having the WP and the MK photoshoot bumps up the cost a bit, as does the Italy isola (it's site rental fee is higher than many other locations) - guess I just have expensive taste!!

I'm sure all will become much clearer in due course and we can make it work!

have you got all the menus yet?? I have them to forward if you wnat me to p me your meail address and I'll send them over. Itlay is a higher min number of people i think so you might not be able to have that place so that might bring it down a bit. i wanted itlay as it looks so nice but cant have it cos we only have around 30 going

have you got all the menus yet?? I have them to forward if you wnat me to p me your meail address and I'll send them over. Itlay is a higher min number of people i think so you might not be able to have that place so that might bring it down a bit. i wanted itlay as it looks so nice but cant have it *** we only have around 30 going

Thanks hun, I'll PM you my email address now, that would be really useful information to have!

Oh I didn't realise that about Italy :sad2:
I was looking on mouseweddings.com at the info and it only mentioned 100 maximum, it didn't have a minimum like some of the others did. I suppose I should have realised there would be one though.
We have about the same number of guests going, where are you having your dessert party?
I liked that Italy had the 'private island' thing going on with you having to cross the little bridges to get there. Any alternative suggestions?

Thanks, I'll have to go through them at home as I can't get on personal email at work!
Looking forward to drooling over the food options later!

How did you manage to convince Disney to pencil you in before the 12 month mark? And how far out exactly was it when you did this?
Was it still at 12 months when you could actually sign the contract?

I called and spoke to someone who said I could be pencillied in at 18 moonths out, when i then called then said no but i said well i was told that I could and after a little chat! they pencilled me in and then a few days later Heidi called me who would then be our sales consultant. She dealt with everything and was ok but then she was away a few weeks befre we contracted so Bill then took over and he was great.

We could sign our contract at 12 months as we are not using any convention centre places so we could sighn it , ig youa re using places such as GF etc then you cant sign till 8 months.

2 weels after signing the contract we got assigned a planner and the save the dates and website got sent via email for us to proof them, we signed them and faxed it abck and then the website was live and the save the dates were sent (i had to send naems and addresses to them). We then got 10 spare save the dates sent through. This was back at the end of sept around 21st.

Then around 2 weeks ago we got the signed contracts sent back with the annual passes and luggage tags. We also got sent through a cd full of cakes and a music one as well

So did you have most of your choices etc mapped out when you spoke to Heidi at 18 months out?

But then it officially gets confirmed when the contract is sent at 12 months out?

What did they actually need to know when before the contract (ie when you first spoke to Heidi) and what do they not need to know until after contracting?

I'll have to see if they'll accept me at 18 months out as well I think, I don't like the idea of not being able to get anything discussed before guests start booking their holidays!!

I HADNT found this board when i first contacting them so I knew nothing apart from what was on thier site. Theyw ere very helpful and they asked where i wanted it and roughly how many guests i had but theta was about it and I asked loads of things really,c ant rmemeber what exactly now as mos of them i think would have been answered on here if i knew about it then

Did they just want the ceremony location at that stage or all locations you intend to use?

Also, do you know how far out you can book Misty? Possibly swaying more towards her than Randy at the moment....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter