Meryll83's SBP/Citrico's/Morocco PJ - Update: Trip Report now underway!!

I have no idea other than the flavours which when I read Summer's trip report I knew I just had to have:

Chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse filling
Almond cake with amaretto mousse filling

So it needs to be 2 layers!!

Do Disney have a limited range of cake styles to choose from? Does anyone have any details on this, coz I presume Disney won't send me any details on things like this until at least a year out when we've officially registered with them?

howdy, finally managed to get logged in!! Lovin the back of that white dress, something to look forward to after xmas!!! xx

I have just got my cake cd!! its a powerpoint presentation with over 76 pages of cakes!!! I got a 3 page a4 sheets with all the prices on!!!

I LOVE :love: dress #1. I havn't been looking for dresses at all and nothing has appealed to much to my taste for me to take notes of. I might have to steel the style number for you and keep it in my wedding notebook so that I see if I can find it once I am looking for dresses.

Anyway...orangetigs (sorry if the name isn't totally right im doing it from memory) what is the cake dvd you speak of? I mean I assume it is what it is :rotfl: . However how did you get it. Did you request it. Do you get it once you sign your contract? It's something that I would be interested in seeing. Anyway...my DFTW won't be till December 2009 but im just absorbing as much info as possible till then.

I have no idea other than the flavours which when I read Summer's trip report I knew I just had to have:

Chocolate cake with peanut butter mousse filling
Almond cake with amaretto mousse filling

So it needs to be 2 layers!!

Do Disney have a limited range of cake styles to choose from? Does anyone have any details on this, coz I presume Disney won't send me any details on things like this until at least a year out when we've officially registered with them?

if you pm me your email address, i'll send you the powerpoint presentation of the cakes that disney sent me. it is HUGE. so it might take a long time to send...

I signed my contract ages ago and have just got the pack with the music and cakes.

I have just got my cake cd!! its a powerpoint presentation with over 76 pages of cakes!!! I got a 3 page a4 sheets with all the prices on!!!
Ok so maybe the choice isn't that limited then! :lmao:
if you pm me your email address, i'll send you the powerpoint presentation of the cakes that disney sent me. it is HUGE. so it might take a long time to send...
Thanks Caryn, I've PM'd you my email address, this is really helpful!
I LOVE :love: dress #1. I havn't been looking for dresses at all and nothing has appealed to much to my taste for me to take notes of. I might have to steel the style number for you and keep it in my wedding notebook so that I see if I can find it once I am looking for dresses.
You have my permission to steal the style, I'm sure I'm stealing it from many other previous brides and brides to be anyway! I don't actually know the style number, but it's called the Capri Lynette, the second dress is the Jenna.

It's one of the few dresses I've really loved the sight of, but once I manage to hunt one down and try it on it may look completely wrong on me, so I'm going to keep searching for more styles too.

I see you've jumped right in and started the planning process;)

As for wedding dresses, well you remember my fiasco? I prefer the first one, but I am biased as I love the pick up styles. Make sure you try on loads of dresses and even if you think you are sure, look again and then look some more. I cannot stress this enough, this would have saved me money and alot of unecessary problems.
If the store orders the dress you ar obliged to pay it, if however it is off the rack, then they would normally only keep the deposit.
The cake flavors you are going for, well what can I say? They are divine! I am so glad I chose them, next time we go back to Disney I am getting replica cake, although much smaller, made for us. It was the best cake I have ever eaten.
I agree with looking at the States to get things like veils, shoes etc. I ordered plenty from there and even though I sometimes had to pay customs, it was still so much cheaper than ordering it from the UK.
Everything looks great so far though, it's never too early to start the planning process!

I see you've jumped right in and started the planning process;)

If the store orders the dress you ar obliged to pay it, if however it is off the rack, then they would normally only keep the deposit.
The cake flavors you are going for, well what can I say? They are divine! I am so glad I chose them, next time we go back to Disney I am getting replica cake, although much smaller, made for us. It was the best cake I have ever eaten.
I agree with looking at the States to get things like veils, shoes etc. I ordered plenty from there and even though I sometimes had to pay customs, it was still so much cheaper than ordering it from the UK.

I know, I'm an eager beaver aren't I?! Well I always start planning (well booking) a normal Disney holiday over a year in advance, and this is like the ultimate Disney holiday for me! I do love to plan....

So if a store doesn't have the dress you want, are you supposed to try on similar styles in the shop and if you like those, order the one you wanted and just hope for the best? Eeek, scary thoughts!

2 of my favourite flavours are peanut butter and amaretto (along with cinammon mmmmmm) and who doesn't love chocolate right?! I remember first reading about what flavour your cake was and being so excited, I expected your average fruit cake to be a normal offering for a wedding cake! Not that there's anything wrong with that, but the above really appeals to my sweet tooth!

How does the customs/tax things work? When do you pay it if applicable? I've ordered a couple of things online from the US before and I don't know if I've ever been charged this.....

Ok, so I thought SBP was the one, but having walked past on our recent holiday, I felt a bit uncomfortable with how close all the park/resort guests are just walking past.
Possibly leaning towards the WP now, although it is an extra expense.

Definitely interested in LSS for the reception, although the Attic looks really cute.

Question - if the reception is at LSS and the dessert party is at the Italy isola (I'm pretty definite about this one!:lmao: ), are you allowed to walk it, or do you still have to use the coach hire and go via backstage? Seems like an extra expense that may be enforced here!

I was wondering about that too, as we're also having our reception at LSS and having a Desert Party (Lower UK), but my DF reminded me that we have to have the bus rented anyway to take our guests back to their hotels. I don't know if this is the same in your situation, but definitely something I never thought about. I'm all about trying to budget and cut corners any way I can at this point! :rotfl:

Ok, so I though SBP was the one, but having walked past on our recent holiday, I felt a bit uncomfortable with how close all the park/resort guests are just walking past.
Possibly leaning towards the WP now, although it is an extra expense.

Definitely interested in LSS for the reception, although the Attic looks really cute.

Question - if the reception is at LSS and the dessert party is at the Italy isola (I'm pretty definite about this one!:lmao: ), are you allowed to walk it, or do you still have to use the coach hire and go via backstage? Seems like an extra expense that may be enforced here!

That's exactly why I'm leaning towards the WP over SBP. I dunno how comfortable I'd be with random people making lots of noise near my wedding... heh. :)

That's exactly why I'm leaning towards the WP over SBP. I dunno how comfortable I'd be with random people making lots of noise near my wedding... heh. :)

i started a thread about sbp noise and a bunch of brides say it's no big deal at all...it was definitely a concern of mine, i wanted to have my wedding at the bw, since that's where df and i met, i originally wanted it in the garden on the bw inn side, but they don't do weddings there anymroe since they had to take a tree out :confused:...so sbp was my only choice...

I was wondering about that too, as we're also having our reception at LSS and having a Desert Party (Lower UK), but my DF reminded me that we have to have the bus rented anyway to take our guests back to their hotels. I don't know if this is the same in your situation, but definitely something I never thought about. I'm all about trying to budget and cut corners any way I can at this point! :rotfl:

It just seems that if, for example the wedding was at say 2.30pm, and your dessert party finishes after Illuminations is over, that's a looooong time to be hiring a coach for.
Although if it goes per hour, it might be cheaper than hiring a coach twice (if you get what I mean - once for the afternoon and then again for the evening).
Not too sure how all this works yet....

i started a thread about sbp noise and a bunch of brides say it's no big deal at all...it was definitely a concern of mine, i wanted to have my wedding at the bw, since that's where df and i met, i originally wanted it in the garden on the bw inn side, but they don't do weddings there anymroe since they had to take a tree out :confused:...so sbp was my only choice...
I'm sure it's not really a big deal, I was just suprised when we walked past and saw a wedding taking place that we were able just to walk freely past. I had assumed it would be more private. Although it would cause havoc to block the route of and force everyone to walk right round the BW and past YC and BC to get to Epcot!
For the same reason I think the YC gazebo is out, all those nosy patrons looking out of their windows! Although I suppose it's pretty quiet during the day.

I do love the Boardwalk area though.... :love: We spent a lot of time round this area on this last trip.

I know Simon also loved Sunset Pointe, but it looks like we have about 30 guests wanting to attend now so unfortunately this one is out. Incidentally, Simon keeps saying he's going to leave everything to me, don't worry I'm going to run all the decisions by him anyway though, giving me a free reign could be dangerous :thumbsup2

I'm not sure if there's anywhere else I really fancy, that's why I need to do some more research on the Wedding Pavilion. Or am I forgetting any other locations?

Hey - I saw you were asking about October weddings. I just got married on October 15th and it was perfect! The weather was beautiful - the humidity broke and it was warm and sunny. And the parks really were not crowded at all! I think we waited for about 15 minutes the most for rides. It was great!

Hey - I saw you were asking about October weddings. I just got married on October 15th and it was perfect! The weather was beautiful - the humidity broke and it was warm and sunny. And the parks really were not crowded at all! I think we waited for about 15 minutes the most for rides. It was great!

We just came back from WDW on October 13th and we found the same, other than the Columbus Day weekend, the crowds were easily manageable.
I'm wondering how busy it's been the past week as this was our UK school half term, and when we are planning to go for the wedding.....

Ok, I found some ideas of how I would like my hair done on the big day.
Trouble is, I would like it half up half down (probably with some loose at the front so it's not too severely scraped off my face) with flowers in the part thats up, and a veil coming from under the up part - if that makes sense - the piccies will probably help!
I have very thick hair (although it's not quite as long as on the first pic I posted now, I'll try and find an up to date one, as I normally have naturally curly hair too but I've straightened it on the pic I posted and my avatar), so there should be plenty of it to play with, but I worry if it will look too much with the flowers and veil, what do you think?
hair.jpg

The front fringey bit and down part of the hair being most like the last picture, the veil coming out like pictures 1 and 2 and the flowers probably most like 7 or 8, just on the top section above the veil.

I finally managed to figure out the issues I was having with Paint on my home PC, so here are some Bridesmaids Dresses I like, in the colour I'm thinking....
after6-1.jpg

This is the one (above) I pinched from TamTab's PJ, but now in my colours - thanks Tammy!
snowwhite.jpg

From the Disney Maidens collection, so may not be a possibity as I think there is one shop down South that stocks these and it's too far for us to travel :sad1:, but perhaps we can find something similar a bit closer to home.
I love the colour of this one though.

The next two are a couple of styles I like again, although I'm not sure the second is quite "bridesmaidy" enough:
after64-1.jpg

dessy-1.jpg

Not sure which sash colour on the next one, white to compliment the wedding dress, or pink if some of the floral includes pink...
after63-1.jpg

after62-1.jpg

I also like the style of this last one, but there wasn't an option to see various colours, but again, imagine it in the red.
alfsung-1.jpg

I would like my bouquet to match the red colour I've been using, with some white accents, and the bridesmaids bouquets to be white with some red accents if possible, just to tie everything in.
Maybe having a little bit of pink in there too but not sure as yet.
Does Disney send a powerpoint presentation for floral like they do for the cake? Does anyone have a copy of this or anything that they do send to help you select your bouquets and other floral?

I also found another bridal gown I quite liked, this one I thought might be more appropriate for the climate, but I think I still prefer dress 1.
dessyuk-1.jpg

Thanks to Caryn, (and the cake thread!) I can now decide on more than just flavours!
Seeing as though the wedding itself isn't going to be "obviously Disney" :earsboy: I'd quite like the cake to have a bit of Disneyness about it.

Incidentally, that reminds me, I know I'd like some crystal Mickey's in the bouquets, but I remember seeing some posts a while back about a bridal purse you can get with crystal Mickey's on it. Does anyone know anything about these (link to the concerned thread or piccies would be fab!) and how to get hold of one? Thanks - sorry for the sidetrack there!

I think this one is lovely if we are having the LSS for the reception:
CoralAndShells-LightDecoration.jpg

But I suppose it doesn't match with any of the colours I've planned.:sad1:

This one, on the other hand, completely matches the colour scheme:
DrapedLinen-FreshFloral.jpg

But doesn't have any, even subtle, Disneyness in it. Although I suppose we could have a castle or something on top instead of the group of roses.:idea:

This one is also very pretty:
RosesAndDrapes.jpg

Does anyone know what sort of price we're talking for something like these?
Currently working on the figure of around 30 guests, so I don't know how many layers we'd need or if you're supposed to cater for so many more or whatever? I didn't think we would be able to transport any home!
And can I have my flavours inside, or are there any limitations with certain cakes?

Sorry for all the questions, I did warn you all in the thread title though, maybe I should alter it to "subscribe at your own risk"!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter