Meryll83's SBP/Citrico's/Morocco PJ - Update: Trip Report now underway!!

So I think there is a set charge for the coach isn't there and then do you pay by the hour after that?
Can you remember how much the charges are?

Mine was $803 for 8hrs. I cut it down to 7hrs, and its around $700. I cant remember exactly and I only have my old BEO at home with me. But roughly its $100/hr.

Dont worry about location size. I've seen plenty of brides who've had only one or two guests at the WP. There's also been a few girls who've had only 30 or 40 guests at the LSS. As for the desert party, there are locations that are smaller than Italy... unless you're really set on that specific venue.

Hey Meryll! Congratulations!! I love your PJ so far!

How did you get hold of a DCL DVD? I've checked DCL about a gazillion times and they only send out to USA and Canada :(

Thank you! :goodvibes
I know, I'd looked previously and noticed we couldn't get the DVD over here too!
Using the 'Contact Us' section on the DCL website I had sent an message with a couple of question I had regarding booking of a cruise, and I also asked if they had any planning info for us in the UK and put my postal address at the bottom.
When I got my response back they said they had forwarded my address on to whoever regarding the planning info request.
DVD and accompanying brochure arrrived about a week later by FedEx. I think the DVD must be region free as I don't remember setting up our newest DVD player to accept all region DVD's.
It's funny coz I'm sure I asked about UK planning info a long while back and they told me they didn't have any, but hey, go for it now while it's hot! :thumbsup2

Mine was $803 for 8hrs. I cut it down to 7hrs, and its around $700. I cant remember exactly and I only have my old BEO at home with me. But roughly its $100/hr.

Dont worry about location size. I've seen plenty of brides who've had only one or two guests at the WP. There's also been a few girls who've had only 30 or 40 guests at the LSS. As for the desert party, there are locations that are smaller than Italy... unless you're really set on that specific venue.
Cool thanks for that, I'm trying to get a rough idea of budget after speaking to my dad at the weekend when he asked if I would want to know how much him and my mum would put towards the wedding :woohoo: Yes please I would! He said they might stretch to £500, he was joking though. I hope :eek: It's hard though coz I have to remember that everyone has their own holiday to pay for as well.
I've also been trying to figure out what's taxable and what has a service charge to know how much over the minimum $10k we will be spending before we start!

I'd completely forgotten that me and Si would get annual passes though, so that knocks almost £400 off our personal holiday budget to start with! Is there a list anywhere of discounts/benefits available to annual passholders? If we're only going to get one trip out of it, I want to milk it for all it's worth!!
I need to remember though, it's not an officially published perk, is it, getting the annual passes? I suppose they could be withdrawn at any time :sad2: Has this offer been going for a long time though?

We had originally thought about one of the UK terraces for the dessert party, but when we've recently been to WDW I just loved how the Italy isola feels like it's own seperate island and seemed to be really central.
Is there a country that's better than the others for viewing Illuminations?

Back to the conversation with my dad, we met up with my parents for my dad's birthday at the weekend, and as I was telling Summer when I crashed her thread (sorry hun!) I think I've managed to get my mum out of flat out refusing to fly to Florida, she still needs working on though, but my Dad says if I don't push her too much she may come around. She says she's not scared of flying she just doesn't like it, especially on such a long flight. Sigh. :rolleyes2
She was forcing me to eat some carrots at the meal (some things never change however old you get!:lmao:) so I was like "Ok, I eat the carrot, you come to Florida".
Well maybe we're making progress gradually, I just can't imagine her not being there though....

Ok, so presuming me and Si will still get the annual passes, and after doing some research on the benefits, I have a couple of questions:

1) Is what we receive actually an unactivated voucher? Can benefits not be used until the voucher is activated and if this is the case, is there any way to activate the pass before we leave?

2) The reason for the above question, relates to the next one - if we can use pass benefits before we leave, would we get better room rates for ourselves with the annual passholder discount, or with the DFTW discount?

3) Depending on finances, we may take everyone to Le Cellier one day to take advantage of the 10% off lunch. If we have a pass each does that mean six guests can also enjoy the discount (3 guests per each of us with a pass)?

4) Again this may relate to the first question, but to take advantage of the discount MNSSHP / MVMCP and the Disney Tours, if the voucher is unactivated, can we still book these events once the pass is activated when we arrive and will the tickets be collectable at WDW instead of being mailed out? I worry though that the events may sell out, if eg we have friends and family get tickets for a specific night and we say "we'll buy ours there" and end up not being able to get tickets.

Ok, so maybe more than a couple of questions there!

Thanks Meryll! Sorry for crashing your thread a bit! Just booked our cruise yesterday, so I'm so excited!

I can't answer your annual pass questions, but I am looking forward to more planning stuff :teeth:

Thanks Meryll! Sorry for crashing your thread a bit! Just booked our cruise yesterday, so I'm so excited!

I can't answer your annual pass questions, but I am looking forward to more planning stuff :teeth:

Ooooh how exciting!!!

I'll forgive you for thread crashing if you help me out with the cruise stuff!
I've already started a thread over on the cruise board, but if anyone doesn't know something there, I'm coming after you!!

I wouldn't worry about your guest count in the WP. We have booked the WP and we only have 10 guests and most of them are in the bridal party.

Don't give up on your Mum my Dad said he would never fly to Florida and we even went as far as booking our wedding in England as I didn't want to get married without my parents there. When he saw how sad this was making me he soon changed his mind and let me live my dream of a DFTW :cool1:

I've also been trying to figure out what's taxable and what has a service charge to know how much over the minimum $10k we will be spending before we start!

I know exactly what you mean. I didnt find these boards until months after I started planning, and It was hard to figure out all the hidden charges. I have my new BEO right in front of me, so I can tell you exactly whats taxable and what isnt.

The wedding pavilion and LSS are both taxable (6.5%), but the DJ is not and neither is the transportation (vintage car, limo or motorcoaches). I can't figure out why the WP & LSS would be taxed and I'm afraid to ask my EM just in case she made a mistake by not taxing the transportation ;) By the way, my 7hr motorcoach is $714.

Floral is taxed and i'm being charged $100 in delivery and set fees.

Cake is taxed also, theres no service charge, but there is a "handling fee" of $117 that is taxed.:confused3

Then all the food, drinks, etc at the reception is taxed and then the 20% service charge (tip) is added also.

Not sure how long the AP's have been given out for. I'm thinking it's more of a "gift" instead of something everyone is guaranteed to get. I dont think they advertise the free AP's. You could always ask your coordinator, say that a friend of yours had a DFTW and got AP's ;)

Every country is a great place to watch illuminations, the show takes place on the lake that all the countries sit around.

1) You'll receive a little green paper that you turn in to get your AP. You probably dont want to activate it until you get there, it only takes a minute and its good for a year, so maybe you could use it for your 1st anniversary.

2) The DFTW discount is about the same as the AP discount. Depending on when you go, your DFTW discount may be better. If you're really looking to save money, look into renting DVC points from someone.

3) Not sure what you mean by a pass & guest. Is this an AP discount?

4) Ask your EM, maybe they can book for you and you can just pick it up and show your AP when you pick it up. There really is no way to activate before getting to the parks, you need to do it at guest services.

Kristen!

Thanks for all the advice there! It's really really useful to know.

I could ask a wedding co-ordinator these questions but with 2 years to go I don't think they'd even entertain me just yet. :sad2: I'm going to call at 18 months out and hope they'll let me get registered then.

I've only seen Illuminations from round near the Outpost, and I know that wasn't THE greatest view, I just wondered where the best spots seemed to be.

Yeah the Le Cellier question (number 3!) was regarding annual pass discounts also.

I wouldn't worry about your guest count in the WP. We have booked the WP and we only have 10 guests and most of them are in the bridal party.

Don't give up on your Mum my Dad said he would never fly to Florida and we even went as far as booking our wedding in England as I didn't want to get married without my parents there. When he saw how sad this was making me he soon changed his mind and let me live my dream of a DFTW :cool1:

It's good to know I'm not alone here in both respects!
Thanks for the reassurance :goodvibes

Kristen!

Thanks for all the advice there! It's really really useful to know.

I could ask a wedding co-ordinator these questions but with 2 years to go I don't think they'd even entertain me just yet. :sad2: I'm going to call at 18 months out and hope they'll let me get registered then.

I've only seen Illuminations from round near the Outpost, and I know that wasn't THE greatest view, I just wondered where the best spots seemed to be.

Yeah the Le Cellier question (number 3!) was regarding annual pass discounts also.

I'm glad I could help! I'm sure if you have 3 annual passes it means 6 discounts (if the discount is for you and a guest). You may just have to be creative with the way the checks are done.

Hi Meryll83! Just found your PJ and everything looks great so far! I was having trouble finding some hairstyles that I liked, but the ones you found are really pretty. I might have to borrow some of those. :goodvibes

I'm glad I could help! I'm sure if you have 3 annual passes it means 6 discounts (if the discount is for you and a guest). You may just have to be creative with the way the checks are done.

Oooh I just re-read and it says 10% discount for the passholder and up to 3 guests. So that would be 8 discounted meals in total if 2 of us have annual passes!

Hi Meryll83! Just found your PJ and everything looks great so far! I was having trouble finding some hairstyles that I liked, but the ones you found are really pretty. I might have to borrow some of those. :goodvibes
Borrow away! I haven't yet decided on who to book to do hair and make up, but if I show these pictures to whoever I go for I'm hoping they can get what I'm going for.
I'm wondering whether to use fresh of fake floral in my hair, I suppose the fake ones would last longer, especially if we do the MK shoot a couple of days later, rather than getting more fresh flowers in. Need to find some good looking fake flowers though as I'm sure fresh ones would look a whole lot prettier and at least match the bouquet flowers! Does Disney deliver personal flowers to the hotel rooms? And at what time before you need to be heading out to the ceremony?
And while I'm bringing up the MK shoot, are people opting for doing their own hair and make up on these days or getting the stylist back in? Will they come out that early as I worry my attempt to recreate style would go far, far astray!:rotfl2:I thought it would be a good idea to do it on the weddding day and then the hair and make up doesn't need to be done again, but I didn't realise my inner voice would be such a traditionalist and tell me the bride and groom can't see each other before the wedding! :bride::scared1::groom:

Ok, so on to the next big question.....

Are there certain time slots that are pre-set?

And do these differ depending on location?

I've been playing on the wishbook and noticed that if I put the ceremony 'Before 2pm' with the settings currently chosen it was about $1000 cheaper than the 'After 2pm' option.
Can you have it actually AT 2pm? Does this class as before 2? Think we'l be going for 1:59pm to be on the safe side!! :rotfl:

Seriously though, I'd prefer it to be as late as possible, but within the cheaper earlier time frame! I'd rather have the extra $1000 to spend on other neccessities than spend it on what time of day it is!

I also notice you can't seem to add on dessert parties or floral decoration for the ceremony. I suppose these are all things that get added on with the wedding planner. Are they forthcoming with keeping you up to date with what your budget is as you go along? There are all these little things you can't see on the wishbook that are going to add up considerably - the cake, the meal choice, it goes on and on!

we are having a 2:30 at the wp i think the alstest was 7pm when we asked and there is a 5:30 slot as well. with the wish book as long as your reception starts before 2pm you get that cheaper bit anything after 2pm its more expensive. to be honest the wishbook is not very good as its not up to date with the prices and mine is not even unlocked and we have contracted.
The cakes range from around$8 a slice to $16.50 a slice. we have just got that info sent through. As for floral I have asked about this and got the answer that it will be discussed at our planning session! We then wont really know prices till 6 months out when its locked in!

As to the Wedding Pavillion, I would definately go for it if that's what you want! Me and DBF took a walk to see it in August and it was really beautiful - it took our breath away! We snooped around the outside before a maid spotted us and opened the door for us to take a look inside... it was gorgeous!!

Here are a few pics I took (sorry that me and DBF are in a few!):

img7851copyqj0.jpg

WP Far away across the beach

img7857copyff9.jpg

WP Close Up

img7864copyax8.jpg

Door to Bride's Vestibule

img7866copyyv2.jpg

Inside WP

img7869copymo8.jpg

The main window close-up

img7870copyji1.jpg

Looking back from the 'altar' towards the door (you can just see the door to the Bride's Vestibule through the open door - opposite the WP)

img7871copyiz0.jpg

Where the Magic happens!

img7875copylw8.jpg

Groom's Room

img7876copypy2.jpg

Groom's Room

img7877copygd3.jpg

Posh bathroom in Groom's Room

img7878copyag9.jpg

DBF outside Groom's Room

img7880copykv9.jpg

Looking into the WP through both doors - Groom's Room is through the first door and to the left if I remember. Bathroom is on the right.

img7881copymv6.jpg

Bride's Vestibule - Rose Room

img7882copyig9.jpg

Doors to Bride's Vestibule - it splits into 2 rooms through the doors

img7885copycd2.jpg

Bench overlooking Poly - good photo point

img7889copybl3.jpg

Another good photo point

img7897copyol5.jpg

Outside the WP, looking onto the 'Wedding Announcements' Board and towards the bridge.

I have a ton of more photos but they're all on DBF's laptop. This definately where we're getting married!

with the wish book as long as your reception starts before 2pm you get that cheaper bit anything after 2pm its more expensive. to be honest the wishbook is not very good as its not up to date with the prices and mine is not even unlocked and we have contracted.
Hmmmm.... the wish book says ceremony after or before 2pm, does it actually mean reception? As this would be at least an hour later wouldn't it?
I take it they don't honour any of the wishbook prices, they are bound to have a disclaimer somewhere saying prices may change I presume?
I did ring DFTW as soon as we came back from our hols and the girl I spoke to just sounded appalled that I had rung so early (ok so it was over 2 years away at that point!:rotfl:) and told me to look at the wishbook. She really wasn't any more help than that. I understand that they won't take info so far out, but I'm wondering when will be a safe bet to give it another go and try and get some "real" prices. 18 months out?
As for floral I have asked about this and got the answer that it will be discussed at our planning session! We then wont really know prices till 6 months out when its locked in!
And if you aren't having a planning session? I wonder if there is a timescale for this or if they would send details out once contracts are signed...

As to the Wedding Pavillion, I would definately go for it if that's what you want! Me and DBF took a walk to see it in August and it was really beautiful - it took our breath away! We snooped around the outside before a maid spotted us and opened the door for us to take a look inside... it was gorgeous!!

Here are a few pics I took (sorry that me and DBF are in a few!):
I have a ton of more photos but they're all on DBF's laptop. This definately where we're getting married!
Thanks for these pictures - it does look beautiful. Disney brides must get the most stunning photos of any!

What colours are actually in the carpet, is it green and pink? Not that it really matters I suppose, I'm sure it's designed not to clash with anything!

I notice that the sign you have a picture of says 'Wedding Rehearsal', does everyone have one of these or is it an optional extra? Or could it be something that is involved if you have a planning session?
Omigod, what would I do without these boards!

If I can remember correctly I believe the times offered for ceremony's are 9:30am, 12pm, 2:30pm, 5pm and 7:30pm. Once you pick a time they will work with you on reception times.

I got penciled inat 18 months out bu that was with alot of pushing. I then got to talk with a consultant and then they saw me through the contract part and then I got my planner. When we spoke about that its mainly for the 10, 12 ceremony times for the before 2pm amounts

I got penciled inat 18 months out bu that was with alot of pushing. I then got to talk with a consultant and then they saw me through the contract part and then I got my planner. When we spoke about that its mainly for the 10, 12 ceremony times for the before 2pm amounts
What finally tipped them over the edge to letting you get pencilled in?

Hmmm I'm wondering if even with a 2.30pm ceremony, would that be ok for guests to stay right through til the dessert party or whether they would need a break for a couple of hours. I suppose it's not enough time for them to go back to a hotel though really.

What time do dessert parties begin?

Eg, if that starts at say 7.30pm, then the reception could be from 4.30pm, with the ceremony at 2.30pm I guess. 12.30pm would be nice though if it would make it a wee bit cheaper. Maybe I should just stop being tight! :rotfl:

Do these sound like reasonable timescales or should I allow longer/less at some locations?

Desert parties begin 30 minutes prior to the event. So, if you are doing an IllumiNations Desert Party and IllumiNations begins at 9:00 - your party will begin at 8:30. Not sure what time you would need to get everybody rounded up by. I would think you should be in the park by 8:00 to give you enough time to get over to your party location.

We are planning a 9:00 ceremony in Epcot, a pre-reception in either ADH or Ariels to begin at 10:00, our reception to go from 11:00 to 3:00 and then giving our guest time to either go back to their hotel to relax and use the pool or head to one of the parks for a few hours and then getting back together around 7:30.

Our site inspection is in two weeks so hopefully the timing of all this works out.

Linda

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter