Merry and Bright Dessert Party..Any Rumors?

THANK YOU for posting the link! I could not move forward (click on it) on the dining page but this link worked perfectly. Booked for Nov 6th! So excited as this will be my first (and last) time seeing the lights!

Nov 6th as well!!! Meet you there!!!

I will say it is much cheaper than last year- given no FP to the Frozen sing along like last year but who cares about that. You do get to cancel until 24 hours before the party. If interested I would book/pay now and, if the reviews are bad, cancel later. B/c this is the last year of the lights I think this will sell out--- I could be wrong though.

I'll take my chances. Having already sprung for MVMCP tickets I hesitate to pay up front for something when no one has done it before. Thankfully we have hoppers and plan to see the lights a few times on our trip :)

Just booked for Dec 29th. I'll read the reviews and can cancel if they look bad

I went ahead and booked for Nov 16, I'll wait for reviews to decide whether we go or not. This will be our first and only time to see the lights, hopefully the weather is good!

I booked the dinner party for Jan 2. It was a higher price than I was hoping, especially with a newly turned 10 year old. But - I have never seen the lights. We are getting off a cruise on the 2nd and I extended the trip to fly home on the 3rd just so I can finally experience the Lights. Can someone who has done the dessert party in the past help explain how you pick a seat and can then come and go? I was thinking if we left again it would allow someone else to take our seats? Also - a PP mentioned there are seats with obstructed views (absurd for the price tag in my opinion). Having never seen the lights, will it be easy to know which seats are better than others when picking seats? Thanks for any advice!

I booked for Dec. 27. So excited! Our party starts at 8:30 pm which is 1/2 hour after park closing and ends at 10 pm. Does that mean only party goers will be there at that time? Or will they keep the lights open to all 2 hours after closing? I'm thrilled about the blanket too! What a nice keepsake for the lights" last year.

I booked for Dec. 27. So excited! Our party starts at 8:30 pm which is 1/2 hour after park closing and ends at 10 pm. Does that mean only party goers will be there at that time? Or will they keep the lights open to all 2 hours after closing? I'm thrilled about the blanket too! What a nice keepsake for the lights" last year.
Last year we went to HS on Christmas night and it was open until 10. It's possible the hours will change the closer we get to December.

Just purchased tickets for the dinner reception in January. I was planning to go over Thanksgiving, but the shadow box changed my mind. Being a huge Lights fan, I thought the shadow box would be a better keepsake of the event over the blanket. Does anyone know if they offer vegetarian options at events like these? Or if I need to call and inform them that one person in our party is a vegetarian? Or is it basically just a fixed menu with no substitutions?

$69/person for desserts and a separate viewing area? I think we'll pass. We can watch the lights with a Mickey Bar for a whole lot less than $400+!

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question...I just can't seem to wrap my head around this exactly. We have never seen the Osborne Lights so maybe that is why I don't understand. What are you getting besides dessert and drinks that you can't otherwise get with general park admission? Is it so difficult to see the lights that I need to book this party? Or is it just if I am interested in the dessert and drinks?

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question...I just can't seem to wrap my head around this exactly. We have never seen the Osborne Lights so maybe that is why I don't understand. What are you getting besides dessert and drinks that you can't otherwise get with general park admission? Is it so difficult to see the lights that I need to book this party? Or is it just if I am interested in the dessert and drinks?

There are no dumb questions just dumb answers!

Half the fun of the lights is going up and down the street but they run "shows" of the lights (musical numbers with the lights synchronized) about every 15 minutes and the dessert party gives you a nice seating area to be able to at least sit and see the shows without all the crowding. (plus desserts and a neato-keen stadium blanket!)

I haveta say that I had planned on doing the Frozen dessert party last year but ended up cancelling the tickets as I just couldn't justify the cost and we ended up just walking around for a bit.

I've got the dinner reserved for the last day - It runs from 7-8:30 and the park closes at 8 so we should get some good last photos of it (maybe a custom closing with fireworks! :D )

I went ahead and booked for Nov 16, I'll wait for reviews to decide whether we go or not. This will be our first and only time to see the lights, hopefully the weather is good!

I just booked 11/16 as well. We had originally cancelled our trip, but when the news came out that the lights are going dark, I quickly booked a verrrrry quick trip (arrive 11/15, depart 11/17) so I could do MVMCP on my birthday, then the lights.

I just booked 11/16 as well. We had originally cancelled our trip, but when the news came out that the lights are going dark, I quickly booked a verrrrry quick trip (arrive 11/15, depart 11/17) so I could do MVMCP on my birthday, then the lights.
What a great birthday! :)

I'm trying to decide if I want to do this for our anniversary. We haven't booked yet because we aren't 100% sure hubby can get off work. But if he does, this would be a great thing for just the two of us, and the price is better than the ferry boat thing...

We booked for Nov 12!! We have a BOG ADR for 5:00 and plan to head over for the dessert party after dinner. Now I'm a bit worried about the time. Will we be really late or should we still be ok? I'm not sure how long it takes to get from MK to HS.

You should really only book if you're interested in the dessert and drinks. BTW, there are plenty of stands and kiosks that sell specially themed drinks out in the park, and most restaurants also have themed desserts for sale as well.

We did the Lights for the first time last year and I would have been unhappy in the dessert party area. The Lights are up on several streets and while the party area is at the end of the main street where the lights are, there are side streets that would be impossible to see from the party area. Also, the party area gives you a wide view of the lights, but you can't see all the details from it's rather remote location. We had the most fun walking around and looking at everything.

I know it's hard to understand until you've seen them...but you really, really have to be right under the Lights to get the full experience, IMHO.

Got our reservation today for Nov. 12. Saw you get a souvenir stadium blanket along with the desserts and you can come and go as much as you want so you can walk around the lights as well. $69 a person...figured this will be the last time, so go for it!

You should really only book if you're interested in the dessert and drinks. BTW, there are plenty of stands and kiosks that sell specially themed drinks out in the park, and most restaurants also have themed desserts for sale as well.

We did the Lights for the first time last year and I would have been unhappy in the dessert party area. The Lights are up on several streets and while the party area is at the end of the main street where the lights are, there are side streets that would be impossible to see from the party area. Also, the party area gives you a wide view of the lights, but you can't see all the details from it's rather remote location. We had the most fun walking around and looking at everything.

I know it's hard to understand until you've seen them...but you really, really have to be right under the Lights to get the full experience, IMHO.

You can go in and out as many times as you want during the "dessert party" so you aren't missing the lights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter