Merry and Bright Dessert Party..Any Rumors?

We booked for Nov 12!! We have a BOG ADR for 5:00 and plan to head over for the dessert party after dinner. Now I'm a bit worried about the time. Will we be really late or should we still be ok? I'm not sure how long it takes to get from MK to HS.

I don't think it starts till 7 but they said you could enter at 6

Nov 6th sold out for a party of 3! I'm not really that upset bc I have never seen them so I think I want to be out in the street anyway. I'll buy my own drink and dessert and wander the streets.

It is now listed on the dining reservations page, but you can't click on it for more information. At 6 am though, you should be able to read about it as you book it.

Various desserts and drinks. Said you get a stadium blanket as a souvenir. You can come and go as many times as you wish during the even.

When I just tried to book, website said I had to give up Minnie's Christmas dinner to go... I really really want to see the Fab 5 without lines etc, so I have to pass on the dessert party :charac2:... Especially since DGS and GF are under 21, and DH and I don't imbibe, it probably wasn't worth it for us. So sad:oops:

You can go in and out as many times as you want during the "dessert party" so you aren't missing the lights.

Anyone have experience with the coming and going? and seating is first come first serve? This confuses me. I can show up at 6 to check in, and maybe get a seat? But the party itself starts at 7 - so I'll just be sitting there? Or I take a seat and then come and go? Do you save your seat or just get a new one when you come back since everyone is coming and going? Because then I would just wait and check in at 7. And advice from people who did this last year would be GREATLY appreciated!

Booked our party of 7 for 1/2. Afraid it will be a real tear-jerker. We have been going to see the lights for all of their 20 years. Wish they could relocate them.........

People mention arriving early to get a seat. Is that really necessary? I'm picturing a drink and nibbling on some desserts, do we really need a table to do that? I'm thinking more of arriving a bit before 7, stay and enjoy until 7:45ish, then making our way over to the 8:30 F! with a FP. Is that a decent plan?

People mention arriving early to get a seat. Is that really necessary? I'm picturing a drink and nibbling on some desserts, do we really need a table to do that? I'm thinking more of arriving a bit before 7, stay and enjoy until 7:45ish, then making our way over to the 8:30 F! with a FP. Is that a decent plan?
I was wondering the same thing. It will probably be at least 7 or later before we get there because we have a 5:00 ADR at MK. I was wondering if we'd be too late to get a table but is getting a table really necessary? It's not like it's a show. I'm sure the lights are lovely to enjoy while standing, too! :)

Just got ours reserved for 12/17! I'm glad you can cancel 24 hours out, just in case the weather is really bad or something. We plan on going to DHS on the 14th, so if I feel we don't need to go back I can give it up & someone else can go. I am really looking forward to it though!

I personally think it is totally insane for Disney to offer a paid special event inside of a paid special event. I knot is is just another way to make more money because of the people that have to have everything offered; it is just weird and seems greedy. :(
I hope those who pay for it feel like it is a great deal.

I personally think it is totally insane for Disney to offer a paid special event inside of a paid special event. I knot is is just another way to make more money because of the people that have to have everything offered; it is just weird and seems greedy. :(
I hope those who pay for it feel like it is a great deal.
Paid event within a paid event? The Osbourne Lights in itself isn't a paid event, just the dessert party is. It's no different than the fireworks dessert parties. Of course they aren't a great deal, but those of us going feel it's worth the cost to go! To each their own! :)

Paid event within a paid event? The Osbourne Lights in itself isn't a paid event, just the dessert party is. It's no different than the fireworks dessert parties. Of course they aren't a great deal, but those of us going feel it's worth the cost to go! To each their own! :)

You are right; I was confusing that with the one at the MK where the do that for the special events.

IMG_9796.jpg View attachment 124243 Attached is a panoramic my husband took from last year's party- I hope it came out okay as I can't tell from my phone.

We enjoyed sitting and taking it all in- listening to the narrator and watching the lights.

Last edited:
I just booked for Nov. 16 as a surprise for my mom! Hopefully the reviews come back good! We have never seen the lights and I think this will be a neat experience for my mom…a bit pricey but hopefully she enjoys herself and then it will be worth it.

Well, I booked last night for November 15th, as a surprise for DB. I promptly remembered this morning, that's the only night we can make MVMCP work for us. I'm torn now. I know you get a lot more out of the party, as opposed to just some sweets and drinks, so it seems silly to even think of choosing this over the party at MK. But we'll both have to work the next morning, early, so won't be able to stay super late (1 1/2 drive home and all.)

If you had to choose between the two, which would you pick?

Got our reservation today for Nov. 12. Saw you get a souvenir stadium blanket along with the desserts and you can come and go as much as you want so you can walk around the lights as well. $69 a person...figured this will be the last time, so go for it!

Just booked DS and his new wife this same night for the dessert party for their honeymoon trip!

Well, I booked last night for November 15th, as a surprise for DB. I promptly remembered this morning, that's the only night we can make MVMCP work for us. I'm torn now. I know you get a lot more out of the party, as opposed to just some sweets and drinks, so it seems silly to even think of choosing this over the party at MK. But we'll both have to work the next morning, early, so won't be able to stay super late (1 1/2 drive home and all.)

If you had to choose between the two, which would you pick?
IMHO I would go to Osbourne lights, last time ever and all... MVMCP will be around for years to come. Hope this helps!

Hadn't planned on a Disney trip this year. We have our whole family taking a Cancun and Cozumel Trip for my wife's 50th Birthday Dec 6-10th. The Osborne Lights are my absolute favorite attraction at Disneyworld and I get goose bumps every time they flip the switch. It made me sick hearing this was the last year and I wouldn't get to see them one last time. This is the first time we are going without the free Disney Dining Plan and the cost hurts a bit but there is no way I was going to miss seeing them one last time. We made the reservations for our last night there, Dec 11- Dec 15th. It's going to be a Magical Trip with just my wife and I being there by ourselves for the 1st time without kids. Guess this is us transitioning into one of those "OLD Couples" you see walking around Disney without any kids :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter