Merge two resort reservations?

stick30

Earning My Ears
Is it possible to merge two resort reservations that are consecutive at the same resort with the same room type?

Is it possible to merge two resort reservations that are consecutive at the same resort with the same room type?
Tell them it's a continuing stay and it will be fine. I forget whether or not you can tell them on the phone ahead of time but I did it at the front desk Yacht Club once because I added an extra day on the end.

I'm not sure what you can do on the phone, but we just experienced this. My sister's reservation was for 8 nights and my reservation--same resort, same room category--was for the 2 nights prior.

We checked in at the front desk and they fixed it so we could stay in the same room the entire time.

ETA: This might not be exactly what you were asking about since we still had two separate reservations.

thanks, I just tried it on the chat and they said no so,I will try to call in the request. If that fails, I will just ask at check I’m.

I think you can link them but not merge them, meaning the front desk will know that they are both yours and keep you in the same room, but you'll have two dining reservation days. I've been able to do it on the phone, but this was a few years ago.

I think you can link them but not merge them, meaning the front desk will know that they are both yours and keep you in the same room, but you'll have two dining reservation days. I've been able to do it on the phone, but this was a few years ago.
I hadn't even though of the dining reservation difficulty. @stick30, I hope you're able to get this resolved on the phone. I think the chat staff has very little power to do anything.

If it's DVC I know once you merge the two reservations into one, you shouldn't have an issue with dining reservations. I did that with my BWV reservations that I booked separately and was able to book all my dining at once. I don't know if it works the same with multiple Disney room reservations though. Have you tried to modify it yourself? I've done that in the past with hotel reservations with some success.

Last edited:
This happened to us in 2019. One of our group was already in FL and arrived at Pop the night before the rest of us flew in. Our TA was able to connect her reservation with ours so that she didn't have to switch rooms the day the rest of arrived. She did, however, have to "check out" of the first reservation the day we arrived so that any additional charges she incurred were charged to her reservation as opposed to ours (which was under my name).

Yes but you have to call. This happened to us with our trip last Christmas. I couldn't get all of the nights we wanted on 1 reservation. I had to make 3 reservations with 1 or 2 nights each. It was so strange but I called them and they merged them into 1 for me.

It depends. Are these both room-only reservations, both package reservations, or one of each?

While they can sometimes do this, it's not a guaranteed thing. I added a night onto a reservation, same resort, same room type and they could not merge them for me. I tried on check in. It just depends on it they have already rented out your particular room and how full they are, and maybe sometimes a little pixie dust.

Update. I called in and they could not merge the reservations because they were booked with different discounts.

We had two reservations at CBR last November, same room type. I stopped at the front desk to ask about staying in the same room and not only was it no problem, back of house had already identified the continuing stay. So don’t stress, they’ll more than likely take care of you at the resort.

^This! We had a two night cash stay and an eight night stay on points at BCV. The reservations were linked so we did not have to move, but they could no longer "merge" reservations so that we had one ADR date for all nights. This was last fall. It is the downside to a split stay as well--inability to make dining on one day. :headache:

Update. I called in and they could not merge the reservations because they were booked with different discounts.
I can confirm that this is right.

If you have 2 reservations, everything has to be the same to merge them. They indeed can do this (at least at this point in time), as I just did it, at least at AKL. But, everything has to be the same. They even applied the money for the earlier 2 reservations to the new reservation as a whole. If you call well ahead, they should be able to, if you try to do it too close to time, the rooms may already have been assigned, and it won't work.

If you have 2 reservations and they are not able to be merged, indeed have them note that you want to keep the same room if possible, then when you check-in, remind them at the desk, then check with the desk the next morning to see if you can stay in the same room or have to move. It is never guaranteed you can stay in the same room, but they do seem to try.

OP, did you ask if you could stay in the same room for the entire trip? I guess this is different from merging the two reservations.

I realize that merging the 2 reservations would have made ADRs easier, but if having to change rooms is an issue, that's still worth trying to resolve. We were able to do this at check-in with two non-merged reservations in the same room category. The reservations were made in 2 different names, but they were made using the same discount, so perhaps this won't apply in your case.

Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter