Memory Maker for 3 Full Days + 1 MNSSHP Night

yuKime

Earning My Ears
Going in 5 days! :stitch:

Try to convince me. Our party is 3 adults and two teens (17 & 18), all of us cousins. Only two of us have been to the World and the other 3 are newbies. We are only going three days, 1 day on each (MK, AK & Epcot) plus going a fourth day but only for MNSSHP. Is it worth it to get Memory Maker? We have no character dining but we will ride all the photo ride attractions, probably meet some characters during the party and would stop by for some magic shots.

I do have a DSLR and I am an amateur photographer (I shoot RAW and definitely know how to post process pictures).

I am just afraid that the quality will not be on par with my expectations. I have read hit and miss for Photopass photographers. How is the ride photo quality? Are they even high quality? Last time we had the photo package was in 2013 when it was still PhotoPass Plus. Did the quality of the photo (rides and magic shots) increase after 2013?

I think the quality really depends on the photographer - some take good photos, some are pretty awful. For me, it's more about getting shots I couldn't take with my own camera (ie. photos of us together, magic shots and the ride photos). I also have a DSLR and I find that it's hard to ask strangers to take a photo of my husband and I together (most people know how to take pics on their phones and that's about it). I also like MM for the character interactions, since some of the photographers are great at catching fun candid moments during the character meet (and I can relax and just enjoy it, knowing someone else is taking care of photos). I would never rely on MM for all my photos (I still bring my camera every trip). Because of the photographer quality really varies, I'd suggest stopping at tons of different Photopass stops - if you've got tons of photos to choose from, you're increasing the chances that you'll get some great pics.

I will be taking my DSLR as well. But, you can't get ride photos and others, you wouldn't be in. I'd say either get it up front, or perhaps wait to see the photos and then decide. You can still do that right? It just costs a bit more? Split between 5 it's really not that much.

You can get enough good pictures in that time to absolutely make it worth it if you want to. Especially split between a few of you.

Thanks for the extra push! I did bite the bullet and bought it just now. I do think the ride photos and the memories of having candid pics will be worth it. If I don't get enough, I still have my DSLR for back up.

The forum has helped me so much in planning this past two months. Thank you so much! :thanks::thanks:

As long as you're doing characters and/or magic shots I think its worth it. We get it every year, and split it with whatever group is meeting with us to make it more cost efficient. I'm jealous you get to go so soon!

@RJstanis Definitely going to do lots of magic shots specially at the party. Our group is not so focused on characters because I have done that already in my first trip but we will definitely see the new ones and party characters (and maybe some few faves like Stitch :love:).

Don't be too jealous! You are going during arguably the prettiest season for Disney World which is Christmas! Be sure to do resort hopping to checkout the decors, it was phenomenal! Especially the EPCOT resorts, simply magical! pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter