Member services frustration

FYI: V.I.Passholder line CANNOT renew DVC Gold Annual Pass. I have been put at the back of the line at DVC MS. Last reported wait time is 93 minutes. I wouldn't mind so much if they didn't keep interrupting the music with unhelpful announcements.
I'm sorry. I'm surprised they don't do renewals. I had to call AP VIP line since my pass had expired during the closures, and they wouldn't issue a new pass until they reviewed my old pass. Sorry I sent you to the wrong place

Things are looking up (or down, depending on your perspective). After my second wait, I got routed to a CM in training. Yay! DVC is adding staff. Boo, I have a CM I need to train. Currently on hold while he reconnects to his trainer. Pixie dust requested.

Success! Wait time about 100 minutes. I was a bit worried. My CM earning his ears needed to connect his trainer to the call (conferencing in a third party is a common way to lose a call). Took a bit more time to pull up the ticket system (might go quicker if their IT were in the US) but we got the renewals done.

I and my wife were at SSR in 9/20. Had a terrible room assigned. Multiple issues with the door lock, AC and humidifier, etc. I went to the front desk on 4 separate occasions, fairly ticked off by the final visit. The Mgr at the front desk comped me and my wife 2 park admissions each, and supposedly added them to our account, rather than assign us another acceptable room. But instead, he added them to my daughter's account mistakenly. Fast forward to now, I and my wife are going to WDW 2morrow. I did online check-in, but when I went to use our comped tix to reserve a park next week, it didn't allow it, saying we did not have park tixs. Bottom line, James (the Mgr that comped us tix 9/20) was given a message to call me last Wed to straighten things out, but didn't. I called the front desk at SSR, and the call went to an answering service, which would not give me SSR's front desk #. I asked to talk to her supervisor, and was placed on hold. Then the supervisor came on, and connected me to the SSR Mgr on call (Corrine). She straightened everything out within 15', and even made Park reservation for us. All- in-all the whole fiasco took almost 4 hours to resolve, over a 4-day span.
Sorry for the long reply.

I and my wife were at SSR in 9/20. Had a terrible room assigned. Multiple issues with the door lock, AC and humidifier, etc. I went to the front desk on 4 separate occasions, fairly ticked off by the final visit. The Mgr at the front desk comped me and my wife 2 park admissions each, and supposedly added them to our account, rather than assign us another acceptable room. But instead, he added them to my daughter's account mistakenly. Fast forward to now, I and my wife are going to WDW 2morrow. I did online check-in, but when I went to use our comped tix to reserve a park next week, it didn't allow it, saying we did not have park tixs. Bottom line, James (the Mgr that comped us tix 9/20) was given a message to call me last Wed to straighten things out, but didn't. I called the front desk at SSR, and the call went to an answering service, which would not give me SSR's front desk #. I asked to talk to her supervisor, and was placed on hold. Then the supervisor came on, and connected me to the SSR Mgr on call (Corrine). She straightened everything out within 15', and even made Park reservation for us. All- in-all the whole fiasco took almost 4 hours to resolve, over a 4-day span.
Sorry for the long reply.

Thanks for explaining. Sorry it was such a hassle all around from start to finish for you!

14 emails for me - 1 for each contract. The real problem isn’t (my opinion) first line CMs - it’s that there’s still only a very limited number of people who have the authority to do any of the tricky banking/borrowing/restoring point processes. Hiring more people should help with the simpler requests (merge reservations, room requests, etc) - but the more ‘involved’ stuff is still going to be a lot of waiting for next level resources...but at least you’ll be able to get someone to pickup...
How about training and giving authority to more people to do the "tricky" stuff? And then make the easier items if merge reservations, room requests, even special ticket offers available for self service online?

This would help a lot.

This is something else you should simply be able to do online.
Yes, but even if that had been available online, I doubt it would be right now, since you can't buy any APs online at all right now.

How about training and giving authority to more people to do the "tricky" stuff? And then make the easier items if merge reservations, room requests, even special ticket offers available for self service online?

This would help a lot.
The ticketing would need to run through the ticketing area for WDW, not DVC. like when you buy a Gold AP online. (Which you can't do right now) Merging reservations, that sort of thing could really mess up points if not done properly. Room requests...actually you can in the online check-in section...and those options rarely fit DVC reservations well. It would need to be a field where you can actually type out your request, and add that to the appropriate place where the resort will see it. I've always had good luck adding requests just by emailing Member Services, so no reason to really add a new feature for that.

Did battle with MS Sunday and yesterday, regarding tix. Waited around 1'45" Sunday before hanging up after MS transferred me to Tix Svc. Yesterday, MS transferred me to SSR front desk to resolve my tix issue, which involved SSR. After @15" waiting on hold MS person came back on and informed me that the particular SSR mgr was off until Wednesday, and that he'd call me back Wed to address the tix issue which involved him. Bet he doesn't callback. Bet, if he calls back, he doesn't fix the tix issue. Any takers?

You will win that bet, Sadly

Did battle with MS Sunday and yesterday, regarding tix. Waited around 1'45" Sunday before hanging up after MS transferred me to Tix Svc. Yesterday, MS transferred me to SSR front desk to resolve my tix issue, which involved SSR. After @15" waiting on hold MS person came back on and informed me that the particular SSR mgr was off until Wednesday, and that he'd call me back Wed to address the tix issue which involved him. Bet he doesn't callback. Bet, if he calls back, he doesn't fix the tix issue. Any takers?

Hello everyone! I'm new here. Just bought 150 points direct at Riviera back in February of this year. I have a question.

We financed through Disney and put 10% down. We purchased back in February and our contract still isn't finalized. I'm guessing this isn't normal because how the agent was apologetic yesterday when he called us. Something happened and there was a "glitch" our sales agent said and we have to do the whole signing process all over again. Has this ever happened to anyone? We have a trip booked end of June (27th to July 3rd). We are worried it will cancel out our trip? The agent said he would look into it and whatever happened was an "Internal error" that caused a "glitch" in the computer system. I'm not really affected by this because we have our trip booked, paid all the money down, we simply just have to re-sign everything. Or is there more? Whats the big deal? We have our trip booked already and it isn't affecting us using our points.

It seems like the agent is making it seem like such a big deal that happened and is very apologetic and kept saying his supervisor is going to take care of this for such an inconvenience? What is the big inconvenience? Who cares if we have to sign forms again, I don's, as long as all the terms are the same and we have all the same benefits and savings we were offered. What are we missing, or is this just the way their customer service is? Also, what does he mean by take care of us? Wish this happened before I spent $3,000 on tickets and and a 10% down payment. I've read on other boards they often will give tickets when there is a very bad experience but to me this is minuscule. Will they mail us goodies? Thank you in advance!

If this were 7 years ago they would 'make it right', Now DVC will make like its your fault they did not do their jobs, Get refunds on those tickets because if they need the paperwork resigned it means they did not process it correctly so everything has to be backed out and redone.

If this were 7 years ago they would 'make it right', Now DVC will make like its your fault they did not do their jobs, Get refunds on those tickets because if they need the paperwork resigned it means they did not process it correctly so everything has to be backed out and redone.
I guess that depends. When you purchase DVC direct and not through resale, they usually set you up with a membership number and account right away. It would seem your points and membership number are in the system, since you were able to make a reservation. If that is the case, and it is just having to re-sign paperwork it likely won't have any effect on the existing reservation. unless they completely reload you contract and create a new Membership Number. Good luck

Last edited:
Had great luck 2 days in a row, 30 minute wait and wait time almost exact with time on recording !!! New CM "Earning his ears" and trainer - great experience with both!!

I guess that depends. When you purchase DVC direct and not through resale, they usually set you up with a membership number and account right away. It would seem your points and membership number are in the system, since you were able to make a reservation. If that is the case, and it is just having to re-sign paperwork it likely won't have any effect on the existing reservation. unless they completely reload you contract and create a new Membership Number. Good luck

We do have a membership number, and digital blue card! So far my reservation has not been cancelled- still haven't heard back from the agent. So frustrating! Our money is just sitting in escrow with no updates? What could have caused this? Our stay is June 27th to July 4th.

But the tickers are nonrefundable?! I hope this isn't the case, we spent over $2300 on 4 day tickets for 5 people.

But the tickers are nonrefundable?! I hope this isn't the case, we spent over $2300 on 4 day tickets for 5 people.
You should be fine. It could be something simple, like the notary's commission expired and it has to be redone, with all the COVID stuff, it could be most anything. Or maybe the original paperwork was lost/damaged/destroyed somehow...maybe even when they were scanning it...maybe even at the Orange County Comptrollers office. Given that so many Disney and County offices were closed or behind due to COVID. Maybe paperwork got wet from a storm or something if a building had a leaky roof. Making it "right" could mean most anything with Disney, from a a meal being refunded to you, to some complementary park passes for future use. It looks like all you info made it into the computer system, and you member number and reservation should be safe.

You should be fine. It could be something simple, like the notary's commission expired and it has to be redone, with all the COVID stuff, it could be most anything. Or maybe the original paperwork was lost/damaged/destroyed somehow...maybe even when they were scanning it...maybe even at the Orange County Comptrollers office. Given that so many Disney and County offices were closed or behind due to COVID. Maybe paperwork got wet from a storm or something if a building had a leaky roof. Making it "right" could mean most anything with Disney, from a a meal being refunded to you, to some complementary park passes for future use. It looks like all you info made it into the computer system, and you member number and reservation should be safe.
Thank you for your reassuring reply ! I feel some relief now ! Greatly Appreciated!

So , an update . Management is giving us a $100 gift card . Our points all reset yesterday and we have all of our points showing available on the dashboard instead of showing they are deducted for our reservation. Our reservations are still good , confirmed that with DVC , they said they have to re-allocate them to our reservation.

So , an update . Management is giving us a $100 gift card . Our points all reset yesterday and we have all of our points showing available on the dashboard instead of showing they are deducted for our reservation. Our reservations are still good , confirmed that with DVC , they said they have to re-allocate them to our reservation.

Ok , another update , they rebooked my stay , but instead of us being in a 1 bedroom at riviera , now we are in a studio the whole time ?!!!! What the heck !! This just showed up today !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter